Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swazaloo

Cancelled
Jan 3, 2014
It's gota suck to be Apple sometimes, every time they want to introduce a new technology, it needs to first be mass produced on the scale of 100's of millions. (I know oleds are not new, was speaking just in general)

Reactions: Sasparilla

LooZpl

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2016
It's gota suck to be Apple sometimes, every time they want to introduce a new technology, it needs to first be mass produced on the scale of 100's of millions. (I know oleds are not new, was speaking just in general)

It's sucks, because they need to buy it from biggest competitor when he needs this OLEDs for own devices.

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
Wild thought, what if Apple actually planned the 2017 phone already 2-3 years back...?
Or is Bloomberg assuming that production planning for the 2017 iPhone starts a few months before shipping?

Last edited:

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
I'd love it if they just released a beautiful LCD iPhone with edge to edge display, as in MOMA quality industrial design. Apple seems bent on gimmicks lately.

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
I love how the majority of MR posters will blame Apple for this, i.e. "There's an excuse for every single shortage..." Sucks to be Apple these days, well, except for the millions of products they continue to sell.

Boo-hoo. Poor Tim, Jony, and crew.

Williesleg

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2014
How many times do we have to put up with this stuff?

I've been a Mac fanboy for years, and this feels like Apple of the early 1990's.

Tons of SKU's, inability to deliver, crappy hardware, buggy software, just such a shame.

I go to the Apple store and hope there's something I'd want to buy, but there's nothing.
Last time I got an overpriced watch band for my son. Felt really cheated.

Time before that was an Apple TV (the new one). It's really bad. So hard to use. Remote is not good at all.

Now I see Tim Cook is picking fights with the president elect. I can't stand him either but if I were the CEO of a big company I'll tell you what, I'd be hugging and smiling. Your employees depend on you. Your fanbase depends on you. Get over it. Build something. There's a time and a place for everything.

It might just be time to fire the Cook. I might have to bite the bullet and buy some Apple stock to put up a shareholder proposal at the next meeting. Just so frustrated.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010

I've been a Mac fanboy for years, and this feels like Apple of the early 1990's.

Tons of SKU's, inability to deliver, crappy hardware, buggy software, just such a shame.

I go to the Apple store and hope there's something I'd want to buy, but there's nothing.

Time before that was an Apple TV (the new one). It's really bad. So hard to use. Remote is not good at all.

Now I see Tim Cook is picking fights with the president elect. I can't stand him either but if I were the CEO of a big company I'll tell you what, I'd be hugging and smiling. Your employees depend on you. Your fanbase depends on you. Get over it. Build something. There's a time and a place for everything.

It might just be time to fire the Cook. I might have to bite the bullet and buy some Apple stock to put up a shareholder proposal at the next meeting. Just so frustrated.

Then stop buying Apple products. Nothing Tim Cook has done would warrant a firing.

The iPhone 7 is the best phone I've ever used.

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
How would a company this big not have the forsight and market research to make sure EVERY single thing is in place before they design something? lol.

62tele

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
so I guess I'll have to wait a longer time to replace my iPhone 6. Oh well, it's just a phone. Remember when Apple tried to go "all in" on sapphire glass for the iPhone and came up empty? They bet on the wrong pony. Tim's legendary logistics and supply chain skills aren't really helping him now.

WRChris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Indiana
Get your wallets ready for iPhone 7S in Pearl White. It's a brand new "design" (color). If this truly wireless charging tech happens though, it'll be a pleasant (satisfying) surprise like the iPhone 5S with Touch ID.
If I could get white with black bezels that would be awesome. White bezels make the bezels seem so much bigger.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Few companies in the world have these kinds of problems: problems a sheer scale. The iPhone has become so popular that untold tens of millions are sold each year. How on earth does any company make 10,000,000 anything? The numbers are mind boggling.

The future of the iPhone is going to be hampered by its popularity. Too many people want them. Any new technology has to be stamped out in the zillions. And fast!

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Now I see Tim Cook is picking fights with the president elect.
To be fair, Donald Trump started picking multiple fights with Apple first. He wants to make America great again, and yet bashes Apple and uses a Samsung device himself. I have no idea what it is about politicians on both sides of the isle that seem to hate American businesses so much.

Reactions: Jax44 and Borin

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
it-begins.gif

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States

This guy: Whine, whine, Steve Jobs, whine, lie, whine, rose colored glasses, whine, whine, my leg, whine, whine, *probably not reading article but complaining in general*

Me: TL;DR

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.