Should I wait until Ipod Touch 5g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macfan50, May 2, 2011.

1. macfan50 macrumors newbie

I'm graduating high school next month and wanted to update my 8GB 1st gen Ipod Touch with a 32 GB 4th gen Ipod Touch (when I graduate). Many people have suggested I wait until September to get the 5th gen Ipod Touch (at which point I would be in college, which would not leave a lot of time for me to buy an Ipod Touch. Most likely, if I don't get one now, I probably wouldn't buy another one until December). Any advice on whether I should buy now or wait?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't understand the highlighted part. Have you ever ordered something online? It doesn't take much time at all. Assuming your current device is functional, I see no reason why you shouldn't wait for a new one if it comes out in September.

3. Rolvag, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Just buy it now. A4, cameras, and it will run iOS5

5. macfan50 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just mean in college I assume I'll be so busy that I'll never get a chance to open it, at least until I'm on break. You may find this hard to believe, but when I received my original Ipod Touch in late August, I didn't open it until late December/early January!

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I'm in college as well, but i'm not so busy that I can't open a box... Wouldn't it be beneficial for you to use in college?

7. macfan50, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011

macfan50 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know it sounds silly, but sometimes my family is just so busy we don't have time. As I said before, last time I bought a touch it took me four months to open it.

I'm not buying the IPhone, by the way. This is for the IPod Touch. I have a different cell phone.

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Who cares? That's your problem.

9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It doesn't need to be an intervention lol. You could set it up while your on the John...

10. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

flame

Not getting the iPhone,, Then why did you start this thread?

11. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

He's talking about the iPod Touch 5G?

12. macfan50, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011

macfan50 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't come here to be ridiculed. All I want to know is advice on whether I should consider buying now or wait.

This is not the Iphone forum. This is the Ipod Touch forum. Therefore, I am talking about Ipod Touch 4G and 5G.

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

[flame on] This is the iPod Touch forum.[flame off]

Skip one wild sex party, and you should have time to open that box.

Edit: OP, note the skillful use of multi-quote to keep from double posting. :D

14. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It doesn't matter if its going to take you 5 months to open the box after you buy the 5G.

15. macfan50 thread starter macrumors newbie

So is the consensus to wait? I just don't want to wait and then be disappointed.

16. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

Well aint I the butthead....

Still, Wait for the iTouch 6 if he doesn't have time to open a box.

17. macfan50 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know why everyone here is being so rude and sarcastic. I keep here for the first time asking a genuine question. All I expected was a response in that same spirit.

18. Rolvag macrumors regular

Rolvag

My Apologies,

But I stand at, if you need it get it. If you don't, wait.

19. radinojr macrumors newbie

No such thing..

20. humayounali macrumors newbie

my advice

i think you should really wait for the next ipod touch 5g, mainly becuase there is no point of you buying an ipod touch 4g now and when the new model comes around you regretting that why you didn't get an ipod touch 5g, anyway there are alot of rumours that the next ipod may be 3d so in my words i would wait for the ipod touch 5g :) :)
    :cool: :rolleyes:;)

21. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

No there are not and no it will not be.

22. humayounali, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

humayounali macrumors newbie

reaply

ok i may be wrong that ipod touch 5g is not going to be 3d, but i know the fact that when 1 model of any apple product comes out the older versions value decreases, for example i was looking for an ipod touch when ipod touch 4g came along and saw the other being cleared out of stores and at some it was even £75, so if i was you i would wait for the ipod touch 5g.:D anyways not trying to be cheeky or anything brian but an ipod touch in 3d would be awsome!

23. macfan50 thread starter macrumors newbie

I spoke with an employee at the Apple Store and they told me that Apple will probably not be releasing a new Ipod Touch this September (and there will be no free Ipod Touch promotion this summer as in years past). This fits in with the rumor that the Iphone release is being pushed back until September.

24. humayounali macrumors newbie

you know what the thing is that apple doesn't tell anybody before the launch and anyway that guy might be right but if you think about and refresh your memories to the last ipod touch launch Steve jobs said that ipod outsold the Nintendo ds and is the worlds most famous hand-held gaming device, and because th Nintendo 3ds has come out now i don't think apple is going to waist that precious time.... even though it may not be launched before September it will certainly be in the shops before Christmas....trust me it will be!

25. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

just buy the damn thing, there is no wrong answer - you will enjoy either one