Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trilll

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
My thing is, youre connecting to a random server that people have access to. its a personal server. Its not in a data center in Oregon or some ****. Its in someones basement.

From that, take what you will.

reyno28

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Yes that is true..but some of us are just desperate enough to try it anyways.

ryan102

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2009
Installed it a few hours ago. Kept trying to talk to the thing but keep getting the "Unable to connect to network" msg. Will give it till end of tomorrow or just give up.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
London
If i download this and it messes up and i need to restore can i restore back to 5.0 using ifaith 1.4?

Last edited:

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
My thing is, youre connecting to a random server that people have access to. its a personal server. Its not in a data center in Oregon or some ****. Its in someones basement.

From that, take what you will.

Some back alley in China for that matter...

reyno28

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
sigh only if the network connection works.!! which the network connection doesn't work with h1siri right now..So right now they can't get any thing from you!

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
To include your bank info, your passwords, your accounts...just what the Chinese want so they can steal your lives!!!:eek:

That is a very misleading statement. It only passes along information that Siri itself processes. Last time I checked, Siri doesn't know your bank info, your passwords, or your accounts... unless by accounts you mean email address.

There is still a lot of personal information possibly being shared, but don't just start making stuff up to scare people.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
was simple enough, camera fix fixed the only issue i had. now all i need is a working server :p
dont rly care if they can listen to the BS im talking with siri ^^

9k43rs.png

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Added warning from Chpwn respected Dev and worked on a Siri port before deciding that it would be total pirating. but he knows the software better then almost anybody. other issues with the video camera and in some cases forcing a full restore. I was going in this direction but I have serious second thoughts.. Maybe I will get the 4S in January or wait for the iPhone 5.

chpwn Grant Paul
Please note: if you use a proxy to access Siri, you may be sending your Email, SMS, Calendar, Contacts, Location, etc though that server.

chpwn Grant Paul
(It's up to you if you want to accept that risk. It's also your choice if you want to violate copyright law to obtain the needed files.)

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
That is a very misleading statement. It only passes along information that Siri itself processes. Last time I checked, Siri doesn't know your bank info, your passwords, or your accounts... unless by accounts you mean email address.

There is still a lot of personal information possibly being shared, but don't just start making stuff up to scare people.

You are really intelligent arent you??? Right in the message from Gizmodo and now also from Chpwan...

"Please note: if you use a proxy to access Siri, you may be sending your Email, SMS, Calendar, Contacts, Location, etc though that server."

Much info can be obtained from this data so it is not a "misleading" statement but thats okay...go for it, its your information that you can gladly give to the Chinese...I think I will keep mine safe and so will many many other people who do listen to those that have provided the warning!

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
can you uninstall the h1siri from the phone from cydia without it screwing anything up

Well, I couldn't resist and ended up installing to see what it was all about (nothing) when I went to remove it, my phone flipped out, reboots, all my themes were gone, widgets not working. Did a tethered reboot and all appears to be normal now.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
according to what I read. (No) The way I have read it is you have to either shsh files or do a full restore.

I installed it through downloading the .deb file and installing using iFunbox. I was able to uninstall through Cydia with no problems. I didn't have to restore. (knock on wood!)

Centsy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
You are really intelligent arent you??? Right in the message from Gizmodo and now also from Chpwan...

"Please note: if you use a proxy to access Siri, you may be sending your Email, SMS, Calendar, Contacts, Location, etc though that server."

Much info can be obtained from this data so it is not a "misleading" statement but thats okay...go for it, its your information that you can gladly give to the Chinese...I think I will keep mine safe and so will many many other people who do listen to those that have provided the warning!

Actually it is a misleading statement because you claimed that they would have access to your bank accounts and passwords, which is completely false. They have access to anything that goes through Siri. Since Siri can write emails, SMS, etc. it has access to those things. Siri does not handle bank accounts and passwords...

Evgenyy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
The proxy server can only see the raw dictation feedback. I have seen logs of one of the server. Btw CD team is not the only one who is/was working on a proxi server. There are others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.