Siri's performance is mind blowing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Silvereel, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Silvereel, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

Silvereel macrumors 6502

I've got to say, Siri on iOS 7 (GM, not beta) is really blowing me away. So long as I have a stable connection, it responds almost instantly, and it really does just work. I don't know what Apple's done, but it definitely deserves a round of applause. I've been using Siri for a long time, but even I had to admit its short comings now and then. Now, though, it just feels really rock solid and reliable!

2. tgmn macrumors member

tgmn

I'm also singing the praises of the new Siri. Crazy fast response (rivals Google finally) and has been able to take almost everything I've dished at it. Bravo Apple.

3. Jigga macrumors 6502

It's blowing you? :eek:

I still can't get it to call any of my family. Siri still can't figure that out.

4. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

wow that really is an upgrade. No wonder my wife is skeptical about iOS 7

5. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Now if only it would work as advertised here in Australia. We still can't find out what's playing at the cinemas..

6. Silvereel thread starter macrumors 6502

Up voted, sir.

7. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

When I first got my iPhone 4S 2 years ago, I turned Siri off the first week I had it, and haven't turned it on since. After watching the past 2 Apple events, and seeing this thread, I am definitely going to turn her on and give it a try.

8. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

I agree, new Siri has upped her game considerably. Now an offline-Siri option would be nice as well, if they can keep storage use down without sacrifice quality.

9. matttye macrumors 601

It's amazing. So smooth. I'm gunna go out on a limb and say it's slightly faster than Google voice search now. Tested on iPhone 5 and nexus 7. Tends to interpret what I say better too :)

I haven't tried it out in my car over Bluetooth yet, which is where I have the most problems.

I hope it stays this fast when everyone gets iOS 7...got a feeling it won't, though.

10. dcp10 macrumors 6502

If you turn her on, maybe she'll blow you too

11. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

Speed is one thing but what about functionality in the UK. Asking questions and finding buisness info or facts or directions.

Until we get the same intergration that the States has itll still be limited.

12. Quercus Alba macrumors member

Huh

Siri has been TERRIBLE for me for the last few betas, half the time Siri just fails to respond, and the rest of the time takes at least 10 seconds to do anything.

I do remember remarking that Siri's performance around beta 3 was incredible though.

Maybe I need to do a fresh install. :(

13. matttye macrumors 601

Seems fine for me.

It finds a ton of local restaurants, cinemas, etc.

14. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

I wonder if we'll ever get sports integration. Maybe in another 5-10 years.

15. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Teach her/him to

16. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

17. Jigga macrumors 6502

?

18. Silvereel thread starter macrumors 6502

I definitely felt like Siri was worse than usual during the betas. It might've been that Apple didn't want to devote their server resources to beta users, but that's just speculation. Give it a shot on the GM. It really might blow you ;)

19. Quercus Alba macrumors member

I am on the GM.

20. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Do us girls get anything out of it? :eek:

21. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Siri is letting me call all of your family.

"call Jigga's Mom"

22. Wormald macrumors regular

Yeah, when I installed the GM there were a few very fast searches, but now I'm in the same situation as you were for the betas on the GM - so frustrating when you try to save time by asking Siri something, but then have to spend more time because it doesn't work anyway - especially if other people are around, one looks like a douche.

23. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Say call my sister for example and it'll ask who your sister is. After you done it once it'll remember.

24. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Idk I've been having problems with Siri. When I initially start Siri, sometimes it doesn't work on the first try and says "Im sorry I can't take any requests rights now". Then it will work on the next attempt and will actually work much faster than it used to. But I have this same problem on 2 iPhone 5's.

25. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

I agree- but I have a problem - Siri sounds like he has a loaf of bread in his gob.... It's not my speakers either, as Siri US sounds normal, but back to the UK and he's a nightmare!

Tried hubby's iPhone 5 on ios6 and he's clear as day???

Help