Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
Idk I've been having problems with Siri. When I initially start Siri, sometimes it doesn't work on the first try and says "Im sorry I can't take any requests rights now". Then it will work on the next attempt and will actually work much faster than it used to. But I have this same problem on 2 iPhone 5's.

Same thing, I thought I saw a fix somewhere for this but now I can't find it.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I am finding far improved recognition on iOS 7.

I can finally set a timer for 8 minutes and it doesn't think I want a table for eight people. :D

In all seriousness, everything I've said to Siri has been recognised 100% so far, far better performance than iOS 6's version.

Beast388

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
On the Mighty Mississippi!
Siri is much better in the GM compared to beta 6. The recognition, speed and response language is much improved. I asked Siri last night who won a college football game and I quickly was shown the score and a few stats.

Siri in IOS7 compared to IOS6 is leaps and bounds better.

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2006
Good stuff to hear considering I spent roughly 20 minutes yelling at Siri to take me to a contact's address.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I agree- but I have a problem - Siri sounds like he has a loaf of bread in his gob.... It's not my speakers either, as Siri US sounds normal, but back to the UK and he's a nightmare!

Tried hubby's iPhone 5 on ios6 and he's clear as day???

Help

I had this exact problem, the Siri voice (UK or US) was so muffled, but after a few days it has miraculously fixed itself and it's back to normal now. Not quite sure what happened but it's definitely clear as a bell now.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I'm also singing the praises of the new Siri. Crazy fast response (rivals Google finally) and has been able to take almost everything I've dished at it. Bravo Apple.

I've owned a Galaxy Nexus and Google's wasn't ever faster or easier to use than Siri. More times than not, I had hit the screen at least once after using it to get the result displayed correctly or read out loud or something, but no it was never faster than Siri.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
I've owned a Galaxy Nexus and Google's wasn't ever faster or easier to use than Siri. More times than not, I had hit the screen at least once after using it to get the result displayed correctly or read out loud or something, but no it was never faster than Siri.

Same here. Siri has always been about a billion times better than Google's botched knock off attempt.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011

I can finally set a timer for 8 minutes and it doesn't think I want a table for eight people. :D

In all seriousness, everything I've said to Siri has been recognised 100% so far, far better performance than iOS 6's version.

Is Siri able to give you the Minnesota Gophers football scores? All it ever gives me is the Vikings score or schedule.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
I love reading about Siri, it has so much potential but it the mistakes can be funny.

Soon as theres a car kitt available to retro fit cars then ill be happy

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
Huh

Siri has been TERRIBLE for me for the last few betas, half the time Siri just fails to respond, and the rest of the time takes at least 10 seconds to do anything.

I do remember remarking that Siri's performance around beta 3 was incredible though.

Maybe I need to do a fresh install. :(

I'm sure the OP is talking about SIRI in the GM release.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011

I set it to UK and here in India it recognizes my accent and the Indian names amazingly well... Since beta 2 actually... I was extremely surprised and am very happy... As I am riding around town most of the time I have to make calls through my helmet bluetooth headset... :D

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I have an HTC One. It is not on 4.3 but I will race my Mini with Siri against the One with Google. Bet Google wins, it smokes!

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
My Siri queries consistently fail the first time, but work very quickly the second time. Not sure why. Connection is always good, so that's not the issue.

----------

it should, i asked about scores and stats for ohio state and it gave me both.

o-h!

shadedred

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2009
My Siri queries consistently fail the first time, but work very quickly the second time. Not sure why. Connection is always good, so that's not the issue.
----------

o-h!

My iPhone 5 did that consistently as well - Siri couldn't "take any requests" if I tried after the device had been idle for a while; the subsequent try always worked immediately. To fix it, I disabled Siri - closed all apps and restarted the phone for good measure, enabled Siri again and it is working wonderfully now on the first attempts after having been idle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.