Skype(After Jailbreak)

mak713

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Hey!

I'm currently using a iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0. Prior to the jailbreak, Skype wasn't being a cause of nuisance and running in the background. However, after the jailbreak, it doesn't seem to do so anymore. I even tried to make a call and the moment I clicked the menu button, he applicationt just quit.

I simply fail to understand the reason for it behaving this way. I hope someone could be kind enough to help me on this.

Thanks
Mak
PS: I also deleted the app and reinstalled it again. It still exhibits the same behavior.

mak713

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Hey!

But if I restore my phone, don't I lose all the stuff loaded on it?

Mak

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Reinstall/restore is such a lazy non-answer. If you don't know, don't reply.

Jailbreak did not break anything with Skype. Skype disallows itself from being backgrounded on jailbroken phones. There isn't really a workaround yet.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Right I think I have a fix for this. You probably have backgrounder installed right? Backgrounder has been updated with a fix. These are the only settings that worked for me.

Also enable 'fall back to native'.

All apps work as they should for me now, even Skype backgrounds as it should. Let me know if it works for you

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
Skype doesnt function right on Jailbroken devices...there should be a warning message when you open Skype saying that...or Google it

mak713

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
No, I don't have backgrounder installed on my iPhone please.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Yea I had the same problem as you but I was going to install Backgrounder anyway and this worked. You can either try this out or wait for a fix I guess.

pumperx

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
Houston, TX
Yea I had the same problem as you but I was going to install Backgrounder anyway and this worked. You can either try this out or wait for a fix I guess.
I second that. I found that out too and thought it was strange but after installing backgrounder, my skype can be put in the background.

Lefty29

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
Just go to Cydia and search for it. Its a great complement to (and actually better than) iOS4's so called multitasking. I have been using it on my 3GS for a long time now and multitasking Skype and Pandora long before Apple allowed us to.

mak713

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Thanks. I have been using Backgrounding too on the 3GS. Anyways, it worked like a charm.:)

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Wrong. I have an jailbroken iPhone 4 and Skype works fine.
Have you tried making skype calls and pressing Home button? Because it dropped my call....
And as shown in the other thread I linked above, there are quite a number of people having the same problem too....

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Thanks for the confirmation guys... What Jailbroken apps do you guys have? I'm just trying to see whether any app causing the incompatibility.

And of course you guys don't use Backgrounder, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.