iPad Pro Smart Keyboard and suggested words

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ecstaticax, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ecstaticax macrumors newbie

Hi, I am a proud owner of iPad Pro 12,9", and I love it.
    I've only a problem. I like to use the suggested word system as I type with Smart Keyboard, but sometimes it hints a mistaken word. Do you know if there's any shortcut on Smart Keyboard to cancel the suggested word and type the one I want, otherwise I need to use fingers to click on the small "x" to manually cancel that word and go on typing. Thanks!

2. username: macrumors 6502a

Not sure, but I know you don't have to hit the little x, you just have to press anywhere in the bubble. I don't think there is a shortcut as Apple didn't put an escape key on the keyboard.

3. AliMacs macrumors 6502

I end up hitting the grave's accent key where the ESC could would've been - make some tick marks then I have to backspace/delete and continue on.

Sucks. That or I just hit the word in the "" but that ruins my momentum when typing.

4. ecstaticax thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. At least I'm not the only one with this problem. Sadly I find myself to press the missing-ESC key (actually ~ on iPad Pro keyboard). I think that Apple could give us a CMD-something shortcut to help our hands not to leave the keyboard while typing.
    Another problem I have found is the capital letter at the beginning or after a full stop. If I don't want to use it, I have to type two letters and then delete the capital one, for example:

"I bought an iPad. iPad is a wonderful tablet."

When I start typing the "i" of iPad is capital and even if I press the shift key, it goes on with capital anyway. I have to type "Ii" and then delete the I.
    Very bad imho.

5. AliMacs macrumors 6502

This might help you guys:

If you want to BACKSPACE/DELETE - it's CONTROL H
    If you want to delete entire word, it's OPTION DELETE
    If you want symbols, it's OPTION (any key)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---

Nevermind, these only work in the NOTES app.

6. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Here's some of the shortcuts I use a lot for selecting and editing text with the Smart Keyboard.
    They work in every app I've tried so far, so I think they may be system wide.

Hold Shift and Arrows Left/Right - Select one character at a time

Hold Option & Shift and Arrows Left/Right - Select one word at a time

Hold Control & Shift and Arrows Left/Right - Select entire sentence

Hold Option and Arrows Left/Right - Move one word at a time

Hold Control or Command and Arrows Left/Right - Move to start or end of sentence