Snow Leopard Shipping? [merged]

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Habitus, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Mod note: this is the unofficial SL shipping/status/etc thread. Please report any similar new threads to be merged. Thanks!

Has anyone who participated in Apple's up to date program receive shipping notification today? I ordered back in June and haven't received shipping notification. Thanks!

Habitus

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Did you not see the front page?!

It ships on Friday, should receive it sometime next week...

3. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Actually... The online store states that ordering today guarantees delivery by this Friday, the 28th. This is why I asked the question.

4. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I just spoke to the Apple Store and was told my copy would be delivered by Friday.:D

5. kevin222 macrumors member

I pre-ordered using the up-to-date option a few weeks ago and mine hasn't shipped yet (still says availability: September). I'm not concerned though, I ordered a new Macbook in June and it didn't ship until the day before it was scheduled for delivery so it was here as promised. I wouldn't be surprised if OS X doesn't ship until Thursday.

6. Habitus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Thanks all! I just spoke with customer support; I thought I needed to update my billing info and I was informed that my order is "preparing to ship."

7. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

My Up to Date order still says it's shipping is September :D

8. MrPeanut macrumors regular

Mine does too (in the UK), i dont understand why they dont deliver this digital like microsoft do. I know this isn't officiailly a service pack buts its a similar thing, i'd still pay the same price as well to get it digitally.

9. MKCLLNS macrumors member

I'd prefer the disk - just in case i need to do another install sometime - just nice to have the disk. But i agree i think there should be a digital opinion - considering apple always want to digitalize everything else.

10. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

MacRumors server must be crying now lol from all the posts and google must been so mixed up with duplicate threads

11. Zavior macrumors newbie

Zavior

Your OSX Snow Leopard order status?

Just out of curiosity, what is your order status one Snow Leopard ordered from the Apple Store?

I ordered mine Aug 24, 2009 at 03:13 PM GMT Danish Apple store

And has not yet been shipped and is estimated to be shipping: By August 28th

I ordered the MAC BOX SET RETAIL (10.6)-DNK

Shipping Method: Fast Ship (EMEA)

So how is your order status?

Can wait for my :apple: mac to get an upgrade

12. Fizzoid macrumors 68020

Fizzoid

As it's not released until the 28th, I'd say mines the same, if I could actually be bothered checking

13. Zavior macrumors newbie

Zavior

Okay thanks. it's just that I have read reports that some are getting prepared for shipment since last night.

14. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

I dont think its going to start shipping until either tonight or tomorrow morning.

15. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I pre ordered a family pack from Apple's online store Monday night and by Tuesday morning, it was marked as "Prepared for Shipment". My guess is that it will ship on Thursday night to arrive sometime on Friday.

By the way, it lists my shipping method as "Priority" and that it delivers on August 28.

16. Zavior macrumors newbie

Zavior

That is what I am hoping for as well. But I'm kinda ready for the worst :(

17. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Australian orders are finally being prepared too, my copy was marked as "Not yet shipped" an hour ago, now it's "Prepared for shipment". This is at 10:04PM, Wednesday August 26. Considering I live 300km from the nearest large city I think I'll be waiting until Saturday or even Monday for my copy.

18. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

My grandmother from US is buying it for me from apple store :D *please free stuff*

19. helix21 macrumors regular

UK anyone?

Mine (UK)

[​IMG]

In the message it told me it will arrive on or before 28th august. If it doesnt, the bank holiday will delay the receipt till tuesday. Who knows? that might be a good thing.

I will wait and watch with snow leopard, I want it on that day but wont install it until i see the green light from other not-so-patient mac users

20. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I ordered last night around 8:30 and within 15 minutes of placing the Order it had changed to "Prepared for shipment". My shipping method is also Priority.

21. harshw macrumors member

Try checking your status from the US webpage .... http://store.apple.com. It should say ' Prepared for Shipment '

22. christurbo macrumors regular

Prepared for shipment!

Attached Files:

23. helix21 macrumors regular

Yes, you are correct :cool:

24. helix21 macrumors regular

Is that from the UK store or the US one?

Neither show the price for me

25. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

I ordered the day it became available, Priority shipping too, and it still is marked as "Delivers on Aug 28"

I think it's because I added a pointless gift message to my package it will take more time to process LOL - this sucks! I shouldn't have, I wrote "Thanks for purchasing!" in the note :p