So called at&t about MMS this time and-

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Renfred93, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Renfred93 macrumors member

they said that I didn't have an MMS opt-out code on my account...however when I try to send a picture MMS (I have the edited carrier file) using my phones orignal sim card, still got an error message....

BUT, when I awitched to a friends at&t sim card from his RAZR (we share an account) it sent an MMS just fine...not cool, I don't want to be impatient or anyhting., but I am- I WANT MMS, lol

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Less than a month before everyone will have it.

Advice: Wait.

3. Clandest macrumors member

I called them the other day and the lady said that on the 21st they would send a message with a link to download the update to allow mms. But I mnever got one.

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

lol she lied to you big time. Its not supposed to be out until the end of the summer.

5. Renfred93 thread starter macrumors member

ehhhh but I don't like waiting, and besides lots of other people say they have it and it just, ouch

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

WoW these interwebz petitions work!!1!!1eleven! AT&T told me that we will get MMS next month and some markets already have it :p

8. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

The minute AT&T actually releases MMS there will be a 100 posts here within minutes !

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Call them back and you'll probably get a different answer...lol!

10. Coraline macrumors member

11. mak10 macrumors regular

I still can't believe that so many people use MMS... I have never run into a situation where I've used it, I find it much easier to just email pictures over to my friends... Maybe it's because most of my friends have blackberries (and a few have iPhones) but even before these new phones, I never once sent a picture via MMS....

12. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

congratulations, i rarely did either but there are times when i wanted to. and clearly people still use it

13. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Next time they give you a date make sure you tell the the phone call is being recorded for quailty assurance, that way if they lie to you you can call back and complain about giving out false info.

14. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah, way to do something that is illegal in most states unless both parties agree beforehand. then if you tell them you are recording beforehand they wont say sh**

15. azsprty macrumors 6502

16. Schweez macrumors newbie

Where in this statement did he say anything about him personally recording?

ATT records all the calls for "Quality Assurance". This is what he is referring to.

17. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah but they arent going to give you a tape of their calls so that you can call them out on something, so the recording would have to be in your posession

18. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

As a shock as this is, there are still people out there with dumb phones! Not everyone has e-mail on their phone, so you want to MMS it.

19. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Does everyone you know sit in front of a computer or have a smart phone? If yes, then maybe you have a point, but if no (more likely) than MMS is a must if you want to send or receive pictures.

My wife and many of my friends have had MMS capable phones for years, but not smart phones.

My wife just got an iPhone on friday and still wants MMS so that she can picture message with me in an easier format.

It's a helluva lot easier to send a picture or video in an MMS thread on the iPhone than to exit the messaging application, go into the camera roll, email a picture, then go back to the messaging application.

A lot of folks with similar logic to yours added that MMS was unnecessary and that Apple would never do it because email trumps MMS.

Guess you guys were wrong.

20. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I feel sorry for AT&T customers.

21. bartzilla macrumors 6502a

Just ask them at the start of the call if its true that it might be taped for quality assurance purposes.

Then when they say yes, well... you're taping it yourself for quality assurance purposes.

22. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Unfortunately and I guarantee there will be at least 75 threads that those posts are spread out on :rolleyes:

23. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah, but what I'm saying is that if you tell them you are going to tape it as well, they will be less inclined to throw out dates and ludicrous claims.

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

And then there will be at least 100 more bitching about how it works no matter what the outcome is ... it'll result in bitching.

No MMS EVER ... OMGWTFBBQ! 2 years later ... MMS in a couple of months? OMGWTFBBQ!

MMS is hereeeeee

Wait I hate how it works on the iPhone. It's a pixel off, there's a shadow where no shadow belongs! OMGWTFBBQ!!!one!!!!1111!!

25. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Touche ;)