So i need new socks...after watching 'I am legend''

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cantthinkofone, Dec 15, 2007.

1. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Did anybody else see this movie yet? Personally i think its the best movie this year, and one of the best movies i have seen in my short twenty-one years of existence.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I'd like to see it, it looks really good.

But then again I'm a sucker for anything with Will Smith in it.:eek:

3. pooky macrumors 6502

It was all right, certainly not the best movie I've seen by any stretch of the imagination, though. Will Smith did an excellent job with what he was given. Without going into detail, there were certain aspects of the story that were never resolved. That left me less than satisfied. I also wasn't thrilled with the ending. I give it a good, but not great.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Makes me think I should read the book first.

5. EMU1337 macrumors member

EMU1337

Just saw the movie a few hours ago, and it made me jump a lot. I had to change my pants eight times....just kidding. But yeah, not sure I would call it great, the ending was lacking. It was definitely something new and different though, I'll give it 7.4 out of 10.

6. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

I saw it a earlier tonight. I really enjoyed it, Will Smith did a great job. Overall I'd say between 8/8.5 out of 10.

7. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

Say it over to yourself. It doesn't sound as powerful as I am Legend.

8. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I need a new phone as the lotion I had in my pocket exploded during the movie and oozed out all over my phone.

Despite what happened, it was a good movie. I made the mistake though of following the movie and them filming because most of the scenes I've seen before. Either in a trailer or watching them film.

9. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Really? I thought it wasn't as good I thought it'd be. :confused:

6.5/10

10. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I think it was a good story line... I have an anxiety disorder, so the constant surprises weighed pretty heavy on me and made me physically ill. Needless to say, I could have done without that part. But it was good.

11. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Some jerk in our theater was yakking on his cell phone during the movie. :mad: I went and grabbed the manager who had a little talk with him.

Aside from the distractions, I liked it.

12. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

He is Legend - guess it is not related.

I hadn't heard about this film which is very odd, doesn't seem to be advertised much over here. Seems interesting, will put it down on my:

should go and watch but probably won't and then may rent the DVD list™

13. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

it was a good movie absolutely not the best ever but good enough, lots of things unresolved and many many things that I think did not make sense to me.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The movie was cool...I like how they didn't have Will Smith acting all super hero plus the story flowed right.

8/10

Bless

15. cantthinkofone thread starter macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

i've been lucky and haven't been in a movie with some body on the cell phone. but i don't go to the movies that often. $$$$$$$.

I liked how the movie went as well. I never could understand why he was trying to get a deer. He had plenty of food. Guess he wanted some variety. But i could go on and on about the movie and all the short comings. But you could do that with any movie. And ruin what it is.

I wish the ending was a little longer, but im glad it did have some what of a happy ending.

16. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I have not seen the movie yet, but if it's a happy ending.. then it sounds like a major departure from the book. Typical Hollywood.

From what I read, the budget seemed to fall apart and the Zombipyres didn't look so good.

Personally, I'm going to wait for this on DVD.

17. cantthinkofone thread starter macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

well im not sure if it was a happy ending. but it ended with a since of hope. granted before the ending all hell broke loose.

18. pooky macrumors 6502

It wasn't just you. There were lots of things that didn't make sense period.

19. ich1ban macrumors regular

ich1ban

The movie was alright, but the book was really much better.

20. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Sorry, I didn't like it.

21. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

22. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Fantastic movie - I'm not sure why some people don't like the ending .. or that they didn't explain much of the stuff. Well, it wasn't a 3 hour movie.. and a trilogy.. it's a little hard to pack everything in a short time. If you want explanations.. go watch Lord of the rings.. lol. Will smith did a great job, as usual. I'm glad it wasn't gory like all the movies tend to be - it used a lot of suspense.. sound textures for the scare factor.

What I really cannot stand is stupid people talking and laughing when it is absolutely not required. Action scenes - everyone's quiet.. but the minute there's some emotion.. or drama involved.. or silence.. sheesh! :mad:

23. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

24. semperfimarine2 macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

i really enjoyed the movie. when i first saw the previews, i notice the 07 shelby gt500......so i had to go see it. at first i thought they were going to show what is happening and then how he gets through it, not flashbacks (sorry if i spoil it for anyone) didnt like how sam died though.

9/10:D