So, NEW 13" MBP Owners, how are you liking it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, Jun 17, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

So, NEW 13" MBP Owners, how are you liking it?

2. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Personally I own a one month old 15" MBP.

We just bought a 13" MBP for my daughter.

How do I like the 13" MBP???

Well I am considering selling the 15" and getting a 13", or more likely I will sell my 14" 2.4Ghz iMac and buy the 13" and leave the 15" on the desk. Maybe get that new display to hook up to it.

That little 13" MBP is sweet !!!!

3. jwilcox09 macrumors member

jwilcox09

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I went from the 13" plastic MB to the new MBP and I must say I don't know what i did with out this. I haven't even upgraded the RAM yet and its amazingly better.

:)

4. tsa1 macrumors regular

5. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

I just received my 2.26Ghz MBP yesterday. This machine is great. I get 5 to 6 hours of battery life. Thats with youtube playing, itunes, and web surfing. Its super fast and the screen is amazing. For what I need I will never notice the SATA issue. Also, this is with the stock HD and RAM. Friday I will have my Kingston 128GB SSD and 4GB of RAM. :)

6. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

7. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

after returning a santa rosa blackbook, a penryn blackbook, a 2008 alu mb, and now with the purchase of the 13" MBP I finally think I'm going to stick with it, haven't found any problems with it. the display is great the speed is great. it's just all great.

8. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I love it. I threw in a 7200.4 320 GB drive, RAM upgrade will come eventually. I've just been slowly moving my data over to it but so far it's been responsive and a dream to type on.

I'm really liking the backlit keyboard, makes the midnight typing so much easier.

Zero regrets.

9. genmic macrumors regular

10. Hoo03 macrumors regular

Keep telling yourself that! ;)
    I'm sure Apple will give us plenty of reasons to upgrade when the next revision arrives.

11. o2xygen macrumors regular

man i love that episode

12. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    You can still return a 2008 Aluminum MacBook after all this time?

And looking at your post, I don't believe you. If you buy an new Macbook every time Apple upgrades it, you will definitely do it again. There isn't that much difference between the Oct. 2008 Macbook and the current 13" MBP. When you bought the Aluminum Macbook you probably thought you would've stuck to it because of how much better it was than the plastic MacBook. Because the Aluminum macbook is fast, and you say "it is all just great". Its just that the 13" MBP is better. Deja vu, the 13" MBP comes out and you just have to have it. And when apple updates the 13" MBP later on, I bet you will trade in for that one too.

13. mandojeremy macrumors newbie

I am absolutely loving mine! I have finally retired my 12" PowerBook and I have been waiting for three years for Apple to release this MacBook Pro and to finally have it is great. I love the screen, keyboard, etc.

14. ColinEC macrumors 6502

Ah, you guys are making me really want to go out right now and pick up the 13" MBP :p

Are there any dead pixel issues with the 13" MacBook Pros?

I remember the plastic MacBooks would have dead pixel issues, but I haven't really heard of any with these new MacBook Pros.

15. ArtVandalay macrumors newbie

16. uv23 macrumors 6502

As a former (long time ago) 12" PowerBook owner, I adore it. Way more than my 15" MBP. Would I prefer it if it was matte? Yes. But the screen is beautiful regardless and battery life seems epic so far.

17. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Absoultely love it. Had a first gen 15" MBP, went to a Unibody Macbook, and then to this. This has everything that I wanted that the UMB was lacking(other than a matte screen). I'm more than happy with my purchase, the only(literally, the only) thing that I would change about it is the glossy screen. I'm used to it, it's not a big deal, but it's my only gripe really.

18. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

I do have one stuck pixel. That I guess that could be ONE downside. Besides that the computer again is flawless. But, I'm not returning it unless it gets on my nerves.

19. eyephone macrumors member

2.53 13"mbp,

nice and quick, new screen is beautiful. I manage anywhere from 7-8 wifi hours surfing on this thing. Making the battery fixed is the best thing apple could have done.

My last laptop was a late 2008 2.0 alum 13" MacBook, this new machine fixes all my gripes.

-no more slanted functioN keys
    -no more cheap screen quality
    -no more flimsy battery cover
    -FireWire 800 for my backups.

Most used upgrade over previous model is my backlit keyboard. I didn't realize how much different it would make my laptopping experience.

20. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

I love it. Coupled with the LED cinema display it completely replaces my 24" iMac with the additional portability I needed.

21. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

my sister just got one, and I have to say, it makes my MBP seem like a dinosaur. the screen is great and the battery life is miles ahead of my MBP. it seems like the perfect computer.

22. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

Best machine I've ever owned. Looking forward to using this in my engineering classes dual booting to Windows 7 and owning EVERYONE's ass, including those who have computers 2x as thick!

23. mrj205 macrumors regular

I love mine. No dead/stuck pixels. It is lightning fast. And the battery... lasts me on average 6 to 7 hours. I have had it since Monday, and it hasn't left my clutches since.:cool:

24. iLloyd macrumors newbie

Slightly faster than my 12" PowerBook...

Got the 2.26 GHz model, just bumped it up to 4GB RAM and a 320GB 7200 RPM HD.

So far I love:

- the beautiful display (the glossy screen is fine);
    - the keyboard;
    - the sound (as good or better than my PowerBook;
    - the BIG trackpad and multi-touch;
    - the battery life (hope it lasts those 1000 cycles Apple is promising);
    - the look (it's just beautiful!);
    - the solid feel;
    - the ambient light sensor;
    - FireWire 800 (fast!);
    - the SD card slot (exactly what I needed);
    - Leopard and all the updated, upgraded software (only had Tiger on the PB) absolutely cannot wait for Snow Leopard;
    - the magnetic power cord thingy (excellent innovation);
    - last, but not least S-P-E-E-D!! (as you can imagine this destroys my 5 year old 1.33GHz PowerBook)

Don't like:

- well, I'm sure I'll find a flaw eventually

25. jqc macrumors regular

Coming from a 2.5 yr old 2nd gen 15" MBP 2.33 with 3GB ram and 500GB 5400rpm hard drive:

-screen is amazing and so bright and contrasty. I only saw the old alu MBs in store, this seems to be much better. Would still prefer matte though.
    -backlit keyboard, one of the key reasons i didnt upgrade when the first alu MBs came out, couldnt live without it coming from MBP and didnt want to pay an extra $300 over base model for it.
    -long battery life, havent really tested it but seems ill get around 5 hrs.
    -Lid sits flush!

Dislikes:
    -not as much of a notable speed improvement over old MBP as I expected
    -Aperture runs a bit slower compared to old MBP in terms of lags when making adjustments (hoping it would be at least on par with the MBP)
    -Hinge doesnt have as much resistance, it feels like i could get really lose over time (anyone who has had an original alu MB for awhile notice this?)
    -bottom case doesnt sit 100% flush, it juts out just enough on the right side that you can really notice it when you run you finger along the seam. I checked the MBPs in the apple store, seems like some have this some dont. Small, but annoying none the less as I expect these "precision made" laptops to have superior fit.
    -still getting used to 13" screen, really considering switching to 15"