So what are we thinking....back to school promo today? i hope?!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AllStarCelica, May 24, 2011.

1. AllStarCelica macrumors newbie

:Dthat is literally the only thing standing in the way of my order for a 2.7, 27in., 1TB + SSD. I already bought 8GB of extra ram from crucial just sitting on my desk and waiting. I figure an extra $200 ebay $$ helps a long way in paying for this beast! It's going to be my first mac ever so im excited! Here's to hoping it comes today :)

And for the record, these forums are amazing. I've been lurking in the background for a while now since I decided I wanted to buy a mac and the advice given here is priceless. People are very helpful and as I learn about macs, I can't wait to return the favor! :D

Here's to the back to school promo lolol!!!!

2. bennettave macrumors member

Yeah, today may be a little earlier than normal, but next week Tuesday would be a little late....so...here's hoping.

3. JWay macrumors newbie

I'm really hoping so... If it doesn't, my weekend will get spent shopping at iKea. :(

4. rdees12 macrumors member

5. afd macrumors 6502a

6. JWay macrumors newbie

7. AllStarCelica thread starter macrumors newbie

lolol ikea is vicious. i just got engaged and did the whole registering thing and i was like a kid in a candy store. and then the next day i walked into the apple store and realized how i wish i couldve registered there lolol

lets go back to school promo!!!

8. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I'm guessing we would've heard about it by now if it's meant for today? It's past 11 am where I am in the US.

9. JWay macrumors newbie

I got married last July, be happy that you get to register and receive that other stuff, I'd rather buy a imac for myself than debate over a towel rack.

I was going to just run with the amazon price, but I want the track pad and bigger keyboard. So I'll get the ipod with my masters ed discount....hopefully!

10. EEXOOO macrumors regular

Apple Japan end of BTS = Start of BTS for the rest of the world?

11. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

cant someone just call one of the stores here in the USA and ask? lol.

im at work otherwise i would just call

12. bri52189 macrumors newbie

not looking good...

You are chatting with Michael , an Apple Expert
    Hi, my name is Michael . Welcome to Apple!
    Hi! How are you doing today?
    its 12:00. still no back to school promotion?
    Happy to help!
    Apple has not announced if it is doing the Back To School special this year. Historically it has started around late May and run to early September. Any information posted about it will be available on our PR page, would you like me to get you that link?
    yes please
    Will do.
    Please click here for the Apple PR page!
    thanks

13. JWay macrumors newbie

Sigh.

14. spcdust macrumors 6502a

spcdust

Could start anytime this week (I also thought it would be today) - but guess we could see it kick off next Tuesday as historically they're still within the dates that the promotion has launched. I would be surprised if they waited until the following week as then it's WWDC?

Oh well, patience is a virtue - I'm actually waiting until the day after WWDC as if they announce Lion, in the past, Apple has offered the up-to-date promotion for any Mac computer purchases made after a new OS announcement. Lion looks likely to be a "full" upgrade so potentially another £80-£129 saving give or take.

15. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

ugh. lame. i was gonna buy mine this weekend. ive been waiting for the free itouch thing so i could sell it and make a little extra money back.

16. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Surprised there is no specific info from Macrumors. No inside information???

17. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

There's an extra Tuesday this month. I'm now guessing it'll be May 31st. Or maybe they're waiting for the 3 day weekend to launch it.

18. rdees12 macrumors member

Frustrating, isn't it? What would be the point of delaying it, especially in wake of the Microsoft sale.

19. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Been reading about that sale. Apparently some retailers have marked up prices when adding a 360 so it's cheaper to buy both separately. Also, the deal said any computer can be bought, but yesterday Microsoft decides to be stupidly slick and changes it to something like only certain PCs qualify.

20. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

This is definitely disappointing as I was among the many who was expecting Apple to begin their back to school promotion today, considering their past track record of when they began the promotion in the past.

Overall, it still doesn't affect when I purchase the iMac, meaning that I was intending to make the purchase sooner than when I originally planned. Regardless, I am waiting to see what they announce regarding Lion at WWDC two weeks from now.

At this point it's really frustrating not knowing if I'll be getting an iPod touch with the iMac or not. So instead of waiting for just a WWDC announcement of Lion, I'm now also waiting for the start of the back to school promotion.

21. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

22. scoobydiesel macrumors member

scoobydiesel

I was at work all day, hoping to come home to some good news but sadly that was not the case... oh well:(

23. bushman4 macrumors 68000

It would be surprising to see Apple not launch a Back-to-School promo especially since dell, HP & Msft already have. Should hear something any day now. Be patient.

24. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Do they usually announce the promotion on tuesdays, or on a random week day?