Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romac

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2012
So What iPad did you Buy and Why?

Was doing a LOT of back and forthing on whether or not to get the Air or the rMini. Ultimately I decided on the Air because I enjoyed using my wife's iPad 2. Now that I'm a couple months in I'm considering selling my 32 gb wifi Air and picking up a cellular retina Mini instead. I think I would prefer the smaller form in my day to day use.

applehead12

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
64GB Mini 1st Generation (wifi).

Only because the iPad Air wasn't on the market at the time and the 4 with retina display was too heavy.

Now I'm in the market for an Air. :D

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I've got a 32GB rMini wifi-only and I can't wait for the next gens to arrive....

Not that I don't love my mini - in fact, I love it so much I can't stand having only 32GB and no LTE. I take it with me everywhere and use it for everything from school work, regular work (I'm in sales), movie watching, comic reading, textbooks, word docs, powerpoints, safari, social media, facetime etc....

Next time - go big or go home. 128GB LTE (still rMini). Worth the money and if it has TouchID, I'll be set for a while.

Then if I could just snag a 16GB 4th gen on the refurb store....those things are scarce! Saw one once but it got snatched up quick. At $339, its a killer deal.
I had originally bought the 32GB Retina Mini and decided that it wasn't enough so just before the two weeks exchange was up, I got the 128GB LTE version. Haven't regretted it once.

A few weeks ago, I bought the 16GB WiFi Air. Kept it for nearly two weeks and decided I wanted the 32GB. I feel much better now with the capacity on the Air.

I use the Air at home and bring the Mini with me.

terrywfoster

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
Air 32GB wifi only. Because that's the size that suits my needs and I have no need for cellular on it.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
AT&T allowed me to return the iPad Air 128GB LTE for the rMini 128GB White LTE and I could not be happier. The Air is perfect but I always found myself using it without the case and it just was a little too big, so I decided to swap it for a rMini, love this thing, goes with me everywhere and rarely use my Mac anymore. I can not fit everything on the rMini, but I have just put on what I like and some of the Apps in HD are so much better on the Mini then on the iPhone.

It was the best and longest decision I have made about a piece of tech gear, but oh so worth it. I did the same with the Air by using it without the case, but then I love using my rMini that way too, also forced me to start cleaning up my iTunes Library, cleaned up music, movies, etc and getting myself organized. I will still keep my 2012 MBP 13" because there are some sites I use that I cannot on the rMini due to flash restrictions.

----------

Was doing a LOT of back and forthing on whether or not to get the Air or the rMini. Ultimately I decided on the Air because I enjoyed using my wife's iPad 2. Now that I'm a couple months in I'm considering selling my 32 gb wifi Air and picking up a cellular retina Mini instead. I think I would prefer the smaller form in my day to day use.

I thought at first no way Air has such a nice screen, watching movies would stink, but rMini is so much better for me, and I love the form factor and be honest movies play just as nice, especially in cramped places where the Air takes up to much room

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I bought the Air 128gb for my Wife and a new 2nd gen mini 128gb for myself... and considering I already have a 4th gen full-size, I really wanted something that would be noticeably more portable. I couldn't be happier. :cool:

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

I am in the same boat. I am looking to either sell or trade my 32gb Air LTE for an LTE rMini.

threelions

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
I have the Ipad 4 and a original Ipad Mini. I tried to upgrade to the Air but had a ton of problems with the yellow screen issues and decided to stick with my 4. I think I'll upgrade to the new rMini that comes out later this year(I'm assuming) and hold on to the 4 until next year.

teralpar

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2014
IPad Mini Retina 32gb Wi-Fi/LTE AT&T, space gray, purchased in February 2014.

My first iPad was an iPad 2 16gb Wi-Fi, which I only kept for a couple of months, then sold it for an iPad Mini (1st gen) 16gb Wi-Fi, because I loved the size. Then I traded the 1st gen Mini for the Mini Retina, which is perfect for me--plenty of memory for me plus I can use it anywhere because of the LTE. I plan on keeping this one until at least 2016!

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
I have an iPad 1 32 GB, a Verizon iPad 3 64 GB I upgraded to for the Retina screen, and I just got the Sprint iPad Air 64 GB model. I upgraded mainly because I could buy it on their new Easy Pay plan. I chose the white model this time, and I'm very happy with the increased speed and smaller size so far.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
IPad Air slate 128GB LTE. Why? I want full size, I went lightness, I want maximum storage, and I like the convenience of cellular.

Yes, I know I could tether, but that's a PITA and drains my phone battery. I know for 90% of my use cases! even the 16GB wifi one would work, but I don't want to be bothered with managing space, so I went for the ultimate one.

iZollo

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I have a iPad mini retina 32gb LTE I like the portability. I decided on 32gb becuase I have access to my itunes music and movies remotely which takes up no space. I am able to stream music and movies without worry with my unlimited data plan.

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
iPad Air 32GB WiFi + LTE

I chose Air over mini because I wanted the bigger screen and more vibrant colors. Since I can stream most of the AV content I use, I also went LTE - and for that very same reason, 32 GB is enough for me.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I had a rMini but returned it due to the washed out color gamut and picked up an Air. If they improve the display on the rMini in the future I might be interested again.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Picked up a 16gb rMini LTE from T-Mobile today.

I have had an iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Mini (wife's), and an Air.

I have loved the Mini size since I bought my wife's but I got impatient waiting for the rMini and bought an Air. Once the T-Mobile deal came up I couldn't resist.

The rMini will likely go with me more, whereas the Air generally stays at home.

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
I just ordered a WiFi16GB iPad Air to finally replace the original iPad 1 that I've been using for years.

Don't really need anything more than this as I just got a 13.3" MBA around the first of the year and my iMac is still fine. Just really want something to browse online with around the house.

H2K03

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
I have a 64GB iPad Air WiFi only for home use and a iPad rMini 16GB LTE for taking with me everywhere.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
iPad rMini 16 GB Wifi Space Gray. I chose it because it has the best of Apple's hardware while maintaining a great form factor. The ergonomics behind it is also good. Best iPad I have ever owned.

mcmul

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
The 32GB iPad Air is the first tablet that I have kept for more than 1 month. It's absolutely brilliant but I really, really want to upgrade to the 64/128GB 4G version.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Was doing a LOT of back and forthing on whether or not to get the Air or the rMini. Ultimately I decided on the Air because I enjoyed using my wife's iPad 2. Now that I'm a couple months in I'm considering selling my 32 gb wifi Air and picking up a cellular retina Mini instead. I think I would prefer the
smaller form in my day to day use.

I bought the Air at launch. A few weeks ago I switched to the rMini. I love the increased portability.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I got a 32GB. Wifi iPad Air. I already have a first gen iPad mini and really like the form factor so was contemplating upgrading to the rmini. However I went for the the air in the end because I thought that I would appreciate the extra real estate and I could still keep my first gen mini. I'm mostly using my Air at home and the mini for on the go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.