So What is Your Preferred Size Phone Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jul 20, 2012.

?

What Size Screen will you be looking for

Poll closed Jul 20, 2013.
  1. Apple's Current 3.5 Is just perfect

35 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Dude 4" would be sweet

78 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. C'Mon Get with everyone else 4.5"

57 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. 4.7" is nice and just about the largest I want

26 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. 5"-5.5" Bring on the Bigger screen, do not mind carrying a tablet

7 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. I want a Tablet and Phone all in one larger than 5.5" screen

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Trying to see by way of votes if the larger screens are really driving the folks moving from the iPhone. We all know speed, IOS, features are important, but I think even if Apple sticks to the 3.5 to 4" screen size in the same form factor as the 4 and 4S, people will still buy them.

So what Size screen is your preference?

I prefer the screen within 4.3" to 4.5"

2. FloridaMac macrumors regular

I really like the size of the Galaxy S3 but certainly not bigger than that.

3. dkersten macrumors 6502a

I'd like to see at least a 4in screen but preferably a 4.3in screen. I had the Galaxy Nexus for awhile and while the screen was nice, I found myself really reaching for the corners sometimes while using it one handed.

4. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

4.7" or better.

I'm 6 foot 4 with large hands and the HTC One X fits right in the palm. I can't go back to anything less.

5. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I would like to see it remain as 3:2 aspect ratio with a 4 to 4.5 inch screen.

EDIT: And if they want to go to 16x9, I would want it to be at least 4.5" (like the SII)

6. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Anything that isn't JUST elongated. I like 4.1"-4.5" screens

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

4 inches is perfect. Any more than that is overdoing it.

8. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I have the SGS3 but would have been just as happy with 4.5" Either way I am enjoying the larger real estate!

9. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

You could've just referred to the other dozen polls about this that have been done recently. And you don't even have a 4.3" option...

10. solo118 macrumors 65816

3.8-4"..... doesnt need to be that big to be elegant (thats what she said!!!!)

Seriously, if the iphone had a 4.5" screen like the droids these days I would go back to a dumbphone. I want my damn phone to fit in my pocket!

11. Tones2 macrumors 65816

My Galaxy S3 fits BETTER in my pocket than the iPhone 4S. It's much lighter and thinner and only a little larger. The iPhone felt like a brick in my pocket. Now with the S3 I sometimes have to feel my pocket to make sure my phone is stll in there, because I barely notice it. This is true. I put a case on it to purposely make it a bit heavier so I wasn't feeling in my pocket as much. :)

If you haven't tried an S3 yet, you don't know what something like an S3 ACTUALLY feels like in your pocket. That said, because Apple likes to make there phones with much heavier materials than the light plastic used by most Androids, a 4.8" iPhone would probably be substantially bulkier than the Galaxy S3.

Boy, I'm so glad I switched for so many reasons. It'll be 3+ years before Apple gets screen size right.

12. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I agree, I don't understand that argument, when I had a Galaxy SII as my work phone, which was much larger than my iPhone 4S (Personal phone)... I noticed it less the iPhone.

13. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I constantly upgrade, the longest I've kept one is about 6 months and the shortest 2 weeks. LOL Just the month, I bought 4 Super Phones (16GB Samsung Galaxy Note White LTE & Pebble Blue S3, hTc One X and Galaxy Nexus.) I had every Size going all the way back to Nokia & Motorola, to BlackBerry to iPhone 3GS to the Note.

I had the Note before I bought the other three and I never had a problem carrying/using it. As I said on the other thread, I rarely see users Talking since Texting took over and with Bluetooth, you don't have to hold it up.

But then the S3 came out with 4.8", which I also love so it's a toss up for me. I guess it's between 4.8" to 5.3". :)

I think Apple made a mistake with 4". I understand not everyone watches Videos or even Browse like I do but what about the Apps/Gamers?

14. solo118 macrumors 65816

I hear ya, and I can honestly say I have not seen or tried an S3. The thought that a screen is 1" or larger above the iphone perceives that you will be holding a much larger phone. I have my faith that if Apple does provide a larger screen, they will package it perfectly.

15. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Where's the option for -
    'It doesn't matter to me. What ever size they deliver will likely be fine for me since I care more about features and usability than screen size. I'd be find with anything in between 3.5- 4.3"

16. jojoba macrumors 68000

I agree with the Galaxy S3 being the perfect size. Unfortunately it´s totally out of my budget at the moment. The iPhone screen is too small for me. I do hope they make one with a larger screen and much better predictive text - then I would switch so I can get my phone integrated with my iPad and my Air.

17. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

4" isn't enough anymore. Figures Apple would be a day late and a dollar short. Certainly not an elongated 3.5" screen.

18. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

What about the "I just buy what apple sells regardless of the product itself" option in the poll?

19. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

You should have added the option for 3 inch. I had to choose current size though I think a little smaller would be nice.

20. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I'd love to have you as a customer, then. :rolleyes:

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That would my ideal size as well.

22. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

4 Inches I want comfort, not so large that it is not

23. Darthdingo, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

4.3" to me is the sweet spot. After owning a couple iPhone's, and Android's over the years, the Galaxy S2 with 4.3" was PERFECT, not too large, nor too small.

To me personally the iPhone 3.5" screen is like a wristwatch, and way too small, but the Galaxy S3 at 4.8" is pushing it as too large to handle with one hand 100% of the time. I had the Nexus-S with 4" screen, and that felt the same to handle as an iPhone, very easy one handed operation, but had a good sized 4" screen. I always thought the NeXus-S be better with just a slightly larger screen in 4.3", and the Galaxy S2 had that size, was very comfortable.

There was a rumor last year, that Apple made a huge billion dollar deal with LG to produce a 4.3" screen for a future product. Maybe the iPhone5 will have that LG screen ? If the new iPhone has a 4.3" screen, that will seriously tempt me back to Apple again from Android.

24. MLG macrumors regular

I'd say 4.3-4.5" would be ideal for me. They could eliminate some of the edge space and flatten the home button so that the overall phone ends up being less than 1/2 inch larger in height and width, yet have a 50% increase in screen size.