So whos playing the "Waiting Game"?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macsforcollege?, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

I read about a lot of people playing the "waiting game". So many people cant decide if they should buy a macbook now or wait until the update. but no one knows when its going to come out. I too and playing this game. I wish apple would come out and say when the new macbooks are coming out. Just say July or September, lets us know!!! :confused:

So who else is playing this annoying game?

2. Bwilky macrumors regular

They will probably hold off until most of the old stock is sold out.

3. Vster macrumors 6502

I'll be waiting. :cool:

Just can't decide which of the 3 portables to get though :confused:

4. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

constantly...

... looking and waiting for the next big MB or MBP...:apple:

5. KHook321 macrumors newbie

I can't decide! About the time I buy a current MB, they'll come out with something saying the brand new MBs will be out within a few weeks. And I love the aluminum look of the MB Pro, so I'm certainly interested if the MB will be redesigned like that.

6. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

im playing the waiting game but for a new mini to see if they will come out with a new one in the summer or fall but maybe another macbook? nah i dont like portables

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

i think u should get a macbook powerful more than ur mbp, and small yet not to small its in the middle i love mine kinda until all the things are fixed :p

8. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

The macbook will probably be released after all the students are finished buying (and so will the touch, what I'm waiting for).

9. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

oh and this is ur 4th post on this issue buy the damn macbook already or ill go to where u live and give u mine :mad:

10. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

hahaha.. yes im getting it. but as a graduation gift so i have some time. im also going to wait until july to see if the new ones are coming out in july...

11. Natsu macrumors member

I'm getting my macbook around august anyways so what the heck.... If the updates aren't around july - august, I'll still wait.

12. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I'm playing this game and have been for a little while (since december!!!). The rumours of a thinner, aluminum macbook were around and with that came the Macbook Air. Yes indeed it was thinner, but not practical for me with that price tag. Now I'm still waiting... My HP is holding up and I got a new iMac to keep me busy :).

Oh and I am def gonna wait for the LED screens; I saw a mba and mb next to each other at the apple store today and the mb doesn't compare. I tried brightening it up and eas really disappointed that it was at its max.

So now I'm stuck between the 3 portables as well!

13. Catarax macrumors newbie

just got a macbook... didn't feel like waiting for the new model... once the new model comes out, all apple is going to do is upgrade it a few months later anyways... i'd rather get the newest old model that i know has pleased many people.. i just wouldn't want to deal with getting the new model and watching it go through tons of upgrades right after i bought it... that would just piss me off completely...

i'll just pick up one of the new models once i hear what everyone has to think about it and apple works out all the kinks... for now i'll just tinker around with my soon to be old school macbook...

14. $ahil macrumors newbie

hi new here... very addicting forum

im waiting :)
    had a question
    does anyone think that the Macbook will be able to play Starcraft 2? Don't really want to buy Pro just would like to play that one particular game when it comes out

15. Catarax macrumors newbie

16. aznmochamike macrumors newbie

i been waiting but if the new one comes out after this student sale then imma just stick with the white 2.4 GHZ they got now...

17. illidian macrumors 6502

The current MacBook may have trouble. Blizzard does a good job of making their games accessible (hardware-wise) to a very large percentage of the population, but the x3100 chip is very poor.

However, since you said that you're planning on waiting, the x4500 will handle SC2. I won't guarantee max settings with no lag, but the game will definitely run on the [upcoming] new, Montevina-based, MacBooks.

18. Alx9876 macrumors 6502a

Alx9876

I am playing the waiting game. These computers cost too much money to just turn around and buy another. I have been appled before in the past and I will not let them Apple me again.

I am mad because I want it now. The Macbook is the only computer for me. I wanted the iMac but after reading the latest Macworld Magazine article called
    "Which Mac is right for you" June 2008.

Anyhow after reading it, I want the Macbook. It's perfect for me since I am starting college soon.

So I will wait. Tired of this crap. We all know Technology is always changing but yet Apple is the only company that makes you regret it.

19. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

Im waiting until the end of July and then buying almost no matter what. If there is an almost definite word that the new one is coming another week later then I'll wait, otherwise im buying july 31

20. lamerica80 macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

Frankly im getting tired of seeing a new thread on this everyday. Once and for all:

APPLE WILL RELEASE A NEW MACBOOK WHEN THEY CHOOSE TO, AND THEY WILL NOT LET YOU KNOW IN ADVANCE! ANY SPECULATION IS POINTLESS, AND IF YOU MUST SPECULATE - SEARCH FOR AN EXISTING POINTLESS "WAIT OR BYE NOW" THREAD!

(before my morning coffee, i will be much nicer in an hour. But still.).

21. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

The way I see it is that if you're a big Apple fan (as we all here are), you're going to be happiest if you wait. Why? Because you'll get it and it'll be the coolest thing you have, not to mention it'll be faster and more powerful with more features.

So wait I say. Even if it's until September.

Now if you're not a fan necessarily, and you want it now, then go get it. It won't be a big deal to you when it's updated.

22. J.D.M. macrumors newbie

I'm definitely playing the waiting game. I'll be a college freshman in the fall and I need a new laptop. If the rumors surrounding the MacBook redesign are true, I think it'll be really nice. It'll be nice to have an aluminum enclosure, but an LCD screen would be fantastic. As somebody else mentioned, when the screens on the MacBook Air and MacBook are compared, well...the MacBook's screen doesn't compare. I noticed that the other day when I was at Best Buy. I just hope that Apple will update the MacBooks before the Back to School promo expires.

23. this is J² macrumors newbie

Yup, i'm playing the waiting game.

But unlike a lot of you guys I prefer the black macbook to an aluminium one. So I hope steve doesn't write off the blackbook! If he does, I will have to run to the store to get the last one of the black series.

Hang in there waiters ! I know its hard, but it'll be worth it :)

24. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

I need a macbook now, so I bought one now - simple as that :D