So you win the lottery.....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mac'nCheese, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thought of this while responding to another thread I started. Say you win the lottery. Not crazy big but enough to indulge. What's the one "guilty pleasure" you would spend some cash on? Not a new car or an imac, something you would never buy with working money but day dream about just having a little extra to "waste"....Maybe something even a little embarrassing you don't even tell people about. Get that mole no one even sees cut off your butt, buy that death star lego kit for four hundred bucks you need to hide from your wife, hair removal off of your back or other area ;), etc etc....

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I was in Vegas a couple months ago and saw advertisements for companies that will rent you an exotic car like a Ferrari or Lamborghini for a tour of the Grand Canyon. I think I would do that. It's not something I'd normally spend my own money on, but if I won enough to have a little fun (but not enough to buy a Ferrari of my own), I would do that.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

If it was a good amount, maybe a house or villa abroad. South Europe, maybe Spain, Italy or Portugal would be nice. :cool:

If a smaller sum, then probably a huge Scalextric set that I'd set up in the loft :D One of those digital ones with the electronic lap counter and stuff.

4. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Either get an accordion, or a set of bagpipes.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'd rent an entire house in Provincetown for the summer. Then I'd take a trip to various parts of the world for at least a few months. Ah, these threads are cruel. . . .

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Smart move:
    -pay off my student loans
    -invest in property

What I'd want to do:
    -new wardrobe of clothes and sick shoes
    -decent home gym
    -build a monster PC
    -kickass parties err'day

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Guilty pleasure? A new computer with the latest i7 technology. Since I don't have any debt, new car and possibly a new house. Lease/rent the old one.

8. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

A computer with ridiculous specs that I'd never use (that high of specs I mean [I'm not a gamer or anything else intensive]). Buy a few pairs of nice shoes and some new clothes. Take my family out to eat or something else like that.

9. blevins321 macrumors 68030

This. Bagpipes or saxophone personally :)

10. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

Well, i'd probably buy a professional DSLR or a crazy Mac Pro setup :)

11. Fazzy macrumors 6502

Id find a stretch of road with a speed camera and see how many tickets I could rack up. Then do the same with a different car :D

12. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I was actually just thinking about this. I think I would buy a condo in Florida in a reasonably nice area. If that investment tanks -- oh well, easy come, easy go. If not, then I win again :D

Oh, but you were asking about more frivolous things. So maybe a ride in the Vomit Comet.

13. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

unless I won enough to help my mother retire comfortably and help my family with expenses, I wouldn't be wasting any money

14. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Probably a 80" tv.

15. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

16. NutsNGum, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

17. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

I'd take a baseball bat and destroy somebody else's high-end car in broad daylight as much as possible, just to watch the faces of the unsuspecting witnesses. Then, I'll use the money to pay for the damage.

18. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I don't gamble, so the lottery would be out - but if say I inherited a bit of money...

If it had to be strictly for me (in previous, similar threads I've noted other things would go first), I'd get a flat in either Dusseldorf, Galway, Seattle or Sydney/Melbourne. And an Alessi tea kettle with the whistling bird for the stopper. ;)

19. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

I'd buy the most expensive chocolate I could find, just to see if it is actually any better than like a Hershey's bar.

20. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I'd buy one of these bad boys and live in it. Just drive around, exploring the country. Either that, or walk the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu. :D

Attached Files:

21. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

A classic Burberry trench coat.

Would never spend my hard earned money on one, but if I had enough - not a lot - say, a $5000 payout, then I'd get one.

If I won a lot, then I'd pay off my car and student loans and take a 5 day vacation somewhere warm so I can sleep on a beach and finally get caught up on both my sleep, and my reading.

22. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Vintage guitars....As many as the windfall would allow.

23. seanf macrumors 6502

Fly first class. I take about four 11+ hour flights a year and it would be lovely to upgrade to the posh end of the plane. I just can't justify the price now when the difference between first and economy normally more than covers the cost of my entire trip

Sean :)

24. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Probably some ultra-high-end sound system. McIntosh amps, Soundlab electrostatic speakers, Clearaudio turntable, etc. And, of course, JH-Audio JH-16 Pro custom earphones.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo