Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techno96

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
I've had this issue. Mainly if my phone sits for a while, the swipe up to unlock doesn't work, it doesn't respond to any touch, then I sleep/wake the screen again and it works fine.

I also feel like I've noticed that swiping back and fourth between pages where you start from the edge is unreliable, and I have to try to it 2-3 times every once in a while.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
That is so weird. I have been running the IOS 15 beta from the start (still am), and outside of a few apps crashing have not noticed really any bugs...especially ones like this.

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2016
England
My gosh this is just silly.

I noticed this on my XR which is my spare phone that I use to control my Apple TV and Homepod Mini's.

I thought the issues were on my XR as its an old phone now. Didn't expect this on the latest phones.

Apple need to fix up as none of these types of issues are on my Fold 3.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I thought it was just me.. Sometimes freezes on swipe to unlock and a few other places.

femike

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
No issues with my iPhone 6S.
In fact, battery life is same or better and 3D Touch actually is more responsive.

AimeeHogan

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2011
Harpswell, Maine USA
The one major issue I have had since updating is that my phone doesn't want to charge. Same with my watch after updating to Watch OS 8. Not sure what that's all about. I have rebooted, and it still doesn't work.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Just my $0.02 - we might see these types of nagging quality issues across many companies and industries where collaboration and problem solving was compromised by remote work.

Now, before some of you jump all over the "remote part" of this post, this is not a referendum of whether remote work is good or bad. It's simply a premise about how it's more difficult to collaborate on the many details that go into modern production when you're relegated to being remote.

Spot on! It's a trade.

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
My iPad Mini 6 has the tap to wake problem. It's really odd. Not back breaking, I just turn it on with the power button and auth right there. But if I just want to tap the screen to see the time, it works about half the time.

• Wow
Reactions: Aries.

LeMo

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2020
I get an odd wait where my SwiftKey keyboard appears on my X and then takes a second or two before I can actually use it. I assumed this was just some 3rd party keyboard hatred..... :D

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
iOS 15 seems to be a big bag of hurt for those using it. Glad I didn’t upgrade.
I didn't update my iPhone either, but my Mini 6 has this problem, at least partially.

I wonder if this is a much bigger change in iOS than what we know. It almost seems like iOS15 is a V1 product, and here's apple saying you can stay with 14.

I wish they'd say just why...

Reactions: decypher44

Denzo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Australia
I hate to ruin the party but my iPhone 13 PM is the smoothest phone I’ve ever used. No touch issues for me but will definitely keep an eye out. My only issue is the watch unlock with Face ID. I’ll survive because I know apple will sort out asap for those affected. Just asked can confirm wife’s phone also no issues (same, 13 Pro Max).

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Interesting. I have definitely noticed it with YouTube after updating my 12 mini to iOS 15, but not in other apps, so thought that it was more of a YouTube bug. ??‍♂️
Interesting. I have the 12 Pro Max but I noticed that now I can't open a youtube video from the youtube app while another video is playing. I have to stop the current video, then click on the title of the video I want to watch. It's weird.

Denzo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Australia
My gosh this is just silly.

I noticed this on my XR which is my spare phone that I use to control my Apple TV and Homepod Mini's.

I thought the issues were on my XR as its an old phone now. Didn't expect this on the latest phones.

Apple need to fix up as none of these types of issues are on my Fold 3.
Yeah but you have to use android don’t you?

Reactions: gank41

jnash

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2007
Michigan
I thought it was just me!!! I am happy to see this thread. I am having so many issues with my touch screen.

I have a brand new iPhone 13 512 GB AT&T / Blue

Reactions: decypher44

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
Thought it was just me! My 12P is having that problem.

Since 15:

1) Unresponsive touch

2) The screen randomly dims every now and then. Annoying!!

3) After 5 mins of use, I can fry an egg on the back of this thing.

I was assuming/theorizing that the heat was causing 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcdandan

kerr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
This seems like an iOS 15 issue to me. My iPhone XS has been terrible. Pinch to zoom sometimes works. Pulling out of zoom in safari NEVER works. Screen goes unresponsive at times. Just a mess
I'm having a bunch of touch-related issues in Safari on an iPhone X running iOS 15. The following come to mind:

- Safari often doesn't pinch-to-zoom, but I see the hidden bottom tab bar jiggling around, so it's doing something.
- Sometimes the bottom half of the screen doesn't react to scrolling gestures, but the top half does.
So I'm not alone! I have observed with my iPhone XS and iOS 15 that pinch to zoom in Safari is very hit and miss.

It is very obvious, very annoying and very clearly an issue isolated to iOS 15.

My workaround has been to take a screenshot and then pinch and zoom in the Photos app, which in my experience has not had the pinch to zoom issue that Safari does.

Reactions: dcdandan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.