Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

me2000

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Picked up a PB 128 gb from the apple store today. Trying to get 5G to work.. chatting with CS. Anyone have any issues and get resolution?

redhot47fla

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Update: I cancelled the order through Sprint, a laborious process that required more than an hour. I reordered directly from Apple. Delivery 11/9-16, which is sooner than Sprint and, imo, a more reliable delivery estimate. Never did see anything about $150 bonus credit.

Update: It was shipped today by Apple out of ZhengZhou, China. Delivery set for next Monday, November 2. This is one to two weeks ahead of Apple's original estimate.

For clarity: This is a 12Pro, 256, Pacific Blue. I originally reserved it from Sprint as soon as that window opened, the order went in 26 minutes after that window opened, and Sprint's estimated delivery date bounced later and later three times within the first 24 hours. I lost confidence in Sprint's delivery estimates, canceled the order one day after I placed it, reordered it directly from Apple and...here we are.

It will cost me a bit more, but I feel better about the entire transaction, especially given that the last time I did this through Sprint, that company essentially stole my trade-in, claiming it had a defect, which it did not, and never responding to my appeal.

Reactions: Justharm

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
Update: It was shipped today by Apple out of ZhengZhou, China. Delivery set for next Monday, November 2. This is one to two weeks ahead of Apple's original estimate.

For clarity: This is a 12Pro, 256, Pacific Blue. I originally reserved it from Sprint as soon as that window opened, the order went in 26 minutes after that window opened, and Sprint's estimated delivery date bounced later and later three times within the first 24 hours. I lost confidence in Sprint's delivery estimates, canceled the order one day after I placed it, reordered it directly from Apple and...here we are.

It will cost me a bit more, but I feel better about the entire transaction, especially given that the last time I did this through Sprint, that company essentially stole my trade-in, claiming it had a defect, which it did not, and never responding to my appeal.
I understand completely. I've considered doing that a few times, especially as I have yet to convince Sprint to recognize my time as a customer from when I started with the company they bought.

Excited for you and still holding out hope that mine ship this week even though the date has shifted back only to Nov 10th.

Reactions: redhot47fla

redhot47fla

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016

Update to the update: Expected delivery was just changed to this Wednesday, two days from now. Pretty remarkable. Good work, Apple.

wjkalana

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2012
Apple Store near me has the sprint version of the iPhone 12 pro in stock. If I pay in full can I use that with ATT network or anyother network?

Ethere

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central PA
Apple Store near me has the sprint version of the iPhone 12 pro in stock. If I pay in full can I use that with ATT network or anyother network?
Per Apple's website, "All iPhone models are unlocked except those purchased with AT&T Installment Plans."

Ethere

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central PA
1603744095212.png

One of these days...this will change and actually have something on it. I have a feeling it won't be until next week though.

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
No movement at all yet.

Apple iPhone 12 Pro 512GB
Qty: 1
Color: Graphite
Expected ship date: November 02 - November 09

Chat popped up while I was checking the status of my order so I asked if there was a chance it may ship early..response:

“Nancy D.: The shipping is assigned as per the expected inventory, however we are trying our best so that all customer will get the new phones asap.”

Updated:

Shipping Carrier: UPS
Method: UPS Next Day Air Saver
Ready to Ship

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
Updated:

Shipping Carrier: UPS
Method: UPS Next Day Air Saver
Ready to Ship
Congrats! Did anything change on the my sprint page or just in the ups listing?

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
iPhone 12pro 256gb pacific blue and 256gb gold- both expected ship still at 11/10-11/26 and no movement.

Josh Brodsky

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2020
iPhone 12 pro - midnight blue -128gb. Up until about 4pm it’s estimated ship date was 11/2-11/9. Got the email with the tracking this afternoon but it hasn’t loaded into UPS system. Hoping I get it on Wednesday. Significant improvement from the original estimated time of late November Sprint had as of Friday last week.

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
iPhone 12 pro - midnight blue -128gb. Up until about 4pm it’s estimated ship date was 11/2-11/9. Got the email with the tracking this afternoon but it hasn’t loaded into UPS system. Hoping I get it on Wednesday. Significant improvement from the original estimated time of late November Sprint had as of Friday last week.
Awesome!

Hoping that since my date window is the one after that, it means that at least by next Monday mine will ship...maybe sooner if they get another batch in before then.

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
Checked in via chat this morning and got this message back. Looking hopeful that will ship sooner than the expected date.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 11.05.58 AM.png

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
Thanks for the update, but I wish they could get more specific. They've done this pre-order system now for years. I do not understand why they cannot tell you more than what seems like a canned response.
I agree. I am guessing that we won't have to worry too much longer about how Sprint is doing it, but it looks like t-mobile users are suffering from the same sort of backlog.

I really appreciate how Apple does all of their preorders and the transparency of the order progress.

Reactions: Ethere
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.