Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
How do we activate them once we receive them? It's been a while.
Yeah what he said, it’s in the site and I think the directions that came with my Son’s 12 said the same thing. Log into the site and select the device and then activate.

ozshadow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Thank you. The Silver Pro 256gb was just delivered. My wife is pretty excited.

redhot47fla

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
How do we activate them once we receive them? It's been a while.
Mine arrived last night (256 Pro blue from Apple and configured for Sprint). If it's coming from Sprint or from Apple configured for Sprint, just turn on the new one and carefully follow the prompts on the new iPhone. Have your existing Sprint iPhone nearby. The activation and transfer of data is automatic and takes less than an hour.

Reactions: Justharm

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Cancelled my online sprint order and did it through Best Buy. They had a few in stock in my configuration so I went to pick it up instead.

Reactions: redhot47fla

Ethere

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central PA
Cancelled my online sprint order and did it through Best Buy. They had a few in stock in my configuration so I went to pick it up instead.
I checked Best Buy's website, and they do not have a 12 Pro 256 PB in stock, but can ship it so it gets here by November 3rd. I'll stick with my pre-order for now and see what happens. If I do not see any movement by the end of the day tomorrow I'll re-evaluate.

Vicerj

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
Cleveland
I checked Best Buy's website, and they do not have a 12 Pro 256 PB in stock, but can ship it so it gets here by November 3rd. I'll stick with my pre-order for now and see what happens. If I do not see any movement by the end of the day tomorrow I'll re-evaluate.
On the same boat here, ordered on the 16th, 7:49 EDT confirmation email for an iPhone Pro 256 Gb graphite, charged on the day, no movements since. Went to a BestBuy, they had the exact same model, I was ready to buy, but because my account was corporate, somehow I'm only allowed to buy devices through sprint/t-mobile...

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
On the same boat here, ordered on the 16th, 7:49 EDT confirmation email for an iPhone Pro 256 Gb graphite, charged on the day, no movements since. Went to a BestBuy, they had the exact same model, I was ready to buy, but because my account was corporate, somehow I'm only allowed to buy devices through sprint/t-mobile...
If you preordered with an upgrade then I am pretty sure that locks that number up in the system so if you tried to do the upgrade through Best Buy or apple after it will tell you you are not qualified to do it. You would have to cancel the preorder through Sprint and hope it clears in the system to allow a 3rd party system to authorize it for upgrade. It’s the same as if you tried to push an upgrade on a device already flagged for upgrade in the Sprint app.

ozshadow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
I activated one through the App but it did not take effect on the new phone until I restarted it. No calls in or out until then. At least it did not require calling tech support.

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
I activated one through the App but it did not take effect on the new phone until I restarted it. No calls in or out until then. At least it did not require calling tech support.
Good to know in case I run into a similar issue.

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
256gb pacific blue pro delivered!
FE6AA8CD-77C5-49C0-B3DD-AA5F2BE732FC.jpeg

Vicerj

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
Cleveland
If you preordered with an upgrade then I am pretty sure that locks that number up in the system so if you tried to do the upgrade through Best Buy or apple after it will tell you you are not qualified to do it. You would have to cancel the preorder through Sprint and hope it clears in the system to allow a 3rd party system to authorize it for upgrade. It’s the same as if you tried to push an upgrade on a device already flagged for upgrade in the Sprint app.
I know that is locked, I tried using my wife’s account since I was buying full price and her device is already BYOD. If it went through, I would cancel my pre-order on my account, which is an upgrade.

Justharm

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2020
I know that is locked, I tried using my wife’s account since I was buying full price and her device is already BYOD. If it went through, I would cancel my pre-order on my account, which is an upgrade.
Apologies then. Not everyone understands that.

Not sure what is going on with yours then. I know I was able to setup a preorder on Apple but not Best Buy and the only difference in mine was that BB landed after I had done the Priority Status on Sprint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.