SPRINT iPhone 5 PRE-ORDER thread!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kendu2412, Sep 14, 2012.

1. spacebetween macrumors regular

Some people have been getting this message and I'm wondering how they determined who got it. Someone ordered around 5am PST and got the above message. I ordered at about 6am PST and got the standard message that it should arrive on 9/21 with no additional information about other orders. Someone who ordered at 10:00 a.m. PST got the same message above.

2. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

i know its not shipped but that is what it says right now

Attached Files:

3. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

Well the post I have shown was restated saying that anyone who ordered before 2 pm on the 14th would receive it on the 21st where as before it had say something similar, but without that info.

4. spacebetween macrumors regular

What time did you get your order in if you don't mind me asking?

5. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

around 3am cst

6. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I was receiving the similar message. Ended up calling them. Spent an hour on the phone with them. I had Sprint 4 years ago for 10 years. Their billing and customer service drove me away. I'm not sure they've improved any.

An hour later they were still working on it, call ended. A few hours later they apparently resolved the issue. Now my status says the message about orders before vs. after 2pm etc. I ordered at 8am CST, so I hope they count when I ordered and not when they resolved the problem.

7. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

My apartment number wasnt entered correctly on my order.. they said that if they were to correct it I'd be waiting another week for my phone so I said nvm. I'll hunt down the UPS truck before he can circle around my neighborhood.

8. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Pre-ordered mine from sprint at around 5:30 am CST. I should get it on the 21st. However, I work 9-5.. Tough to sign for it on a schedule like that.

9. kendu2412 thread starter macrumors regular

Just checked on Verizon and AT&T thread about shipped but nobody got ship or tracking number yet. Hopefully will have something happen next few hours:)

10. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

I can only speak for Verizon but how it usually works for the carriers is you we get our information like Wednesday. The Apple.com people get their shipping information directly from China, we get it from one of the central FedEx hubs in the US.

11. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

This.

(But correct spelling within the thread title couldn't hurt.)

12. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

ok i was putting in the wrong number it was the warehouse number after talking to sprint and getting the right number mine shows the standard

"thank you for pre-ordering the 16G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Pre-orders placed through 2 pm CT on 9/14 will arrive on or around 9/21. Orders placed after 2 pm CT on 9/14 will ship in 2 weeks. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder."

13. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

has anyone noticed after they took out the money from your bank it's not placed back in there? Mine was showing pending and now I dont see it anywhere, but I now see my balance if the money to have not been taken out.

14. Richb718 macrumors newbie

Richb718

Saw the same thing reflected in my Balance early this morning.The money was back in my account,a couple hours later and it's back out so It looks like things are back to normal..
    You should be fine at this point.
    Richb718

15. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

how is the service (4G) with you sprint people? im really pissed about the verizon unlimited thing and am thinking of switching. I live in the NY area

16. eric/ Guest

eric/

Ordered mine around 7 am EST, says I should receive it on the 21st. New Sprint customer. Had to switch based on ideological grounds, and Verizon ignoring a customer of 8 years, and their price bullying and overall failure to properly segment their market.

But if Sprint service sucks, I'll take it back and switch to ATT or something.

black 16gb

17. lls4f macrumors regular

Skywalker, there's no LTE for Sprint in NY. I get 4G wimax in central NY, but obviously that's irrelevant for iphone 5. I still think the service is pretty good, but if it weren't for the employer discount I get, I would switch to Verizon

Edit: map http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?ECID=vanity:coverage

18. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

I'm still worried.. I still have the balance as I did before I pre ordered. :/

19. RxMac macrumors 6502

This thread is stupid....

No one orders from Sprint and the OP couldn't even spell "thread" correctly. Wasteland it please.

20. kendu2412 thread starter macrumors regular

Actually , until now, nobody with Sprint received tracking number yet, still more waitting.

P/s : when you make a payment / purchased online with your VISA, Sprint will take the money from your account immediately, and then will give back to your account after 24h. After 24h to 48h more, they completely take your money and wont give back. I dont know why Sprint did that , too much step :confused::confused:

21. Tools2teach macrumors newbie

@brandon...... I'm in the same boat. I had a pending transaction that disappeared from my bank account. My bank account shows no debit as of 12pst. Starting to worry myself.

22. spacebetween macrumors regular

This tends to be typical when pre-ordering items. The company will do a pull on your account to make sure you have the funds available and then it's released and then actually charged.

23. mkbook macrumors member

Sprint's site sucks big time but I managed to eventually find my order number. My status is "shipped and/or the activation is complete". I ordered between 1-2am PST on the 14th.

24. Richb718 macrumors newbie

Richb718

If I remember correctly,last year it went the same exact way for the 4s.
    I think it was like two days before the expected release and i got the email with the tracking # saying i'll have it on that date.It was getting shipped second day air..Long story short,I did get the 4s on that date!(NOTE:I pre-ordered early the first day).
    I believe this will be like last year's fiasco because so far thats the way it's going.I wouldn't be surprised if i don't hear a word or get a tracking # until this Wednesday.
    Hope that helps some of you people feel better..
    Richb718

25. Richb718 macrumors newbie

Richb718

Where (what site/link)did you enter your order # to find your status??
    Thanks,
    Richb718