SPRINT iPhone 5 PRE-ORDER thread!!

dnest

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
You're OK, only the 16GB slipped to 2 weeks. About the Apple Care + being "backordered," see my chat transcript above. Basically you paid for it but you just need to give them a call when you get the phone for them to add it. (I guess the 2 years starts on that date.)
Ok. So the Applecare being on backorder isn't going to affect the shipping date?

Last edited:

julietcc

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2012
Ok. So the Applecare being on backorder isn't going to affect the shipping date?
It shouldn't. They said I should get the phone on the 21st and THEN I call to add the backordered Applecare. I'm more concerned that they took money out of my checking account then put it back in. Apparently that's normal. I am looking forward to the "shipped" email!

Nathan576

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Sprint is the worst carrier by far. I had the 4s on sprint and there was hardly any 3G if you weren't by a big city. They barley even have LTE. I switched to Verizon and preordered the 5, best decision I've made in a while.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
Sprint is the worst carrier by far. I had the 4s on sprint and there was hardly any 3G if you weren't by a big city. They barley even have LTE. I switched to Verizon and preordered the 5, best decision I've made in a while.
this is a sprint pre-order thread not a sprint bashing thread. thank you.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
Though sprint may be behind on LTE my area covers it and therefor I did choose sprint. I know a few with my chosen provider and they have no problems.

petethepanda

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
I could stay on ATT without unlimited data, or switch onto Verizon to join my mom/dad/sister's family plan, without unlimited data and saving something like $5/mo (their new share anything ******** is an incredible ripoff)... or I could go with Sprint to get unlimited data and pay probably only a few bucks more than I pay now. LTE is still in super-early stages in Chicago and from what I see their networks don't have the most shining of reputations, but I'm thinking of taking the risk of assuming their LTE network will be competitive and switching to them.

Added bonus, with them I could still actually get the phone on Friday lol.

Edit: After surcharges and taxes and such, anybody know what that "79.99" 450/unlimited plan works out to each month?

Last edited:

spacebetween

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
I could stay on ATT without unlimited data, or switch onto Verizon to join my mom/dad/sister's family plan, without unlimited data and saving something like $5/mo (their new share anything ******** is an incredible ripoff)... or I could go with Sprint to get unlimited data and pay probably only a few bucks more than I pay now. LTE is still in super-early stages in Chicago and from what I see their networks don't have the most shining of reputations, but I'm thinking of taking the risk of assuming their LTE network will be competitive and switching to them.

Added bonus, with them I could still actually get the phone on Friday lol.

Edit: After surcharges and taxes and such, anybody know what that "79.99" 450/unlimited plan works out to each month?
About roughly $89. That's a rough estimate adding back on my discount, etc. If you have an AIM email address, you might be able to get 10% off your monthly bill (they were offering that for awhile). They also have a lot of employer discounts so you might want to check that out as well, depending on where you work. Discounts do not stack.

JokerElite

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
New Jersey
This is my order status:

"Status: The equipment has shipped and/or the activation is complete"

I wonder when it'll update.

JokerElite

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
New Jersey
You've entered an incorrect number. This was the same message received by another user in this thread.
I logged-in to Sprint.com > See payment history > See my order history >

It gives me the Order Id next to the date I ordered the phone, I copied and pasted that number into the Sprint Order Status page and then it gives me the following information:

---

Order Number:
Last Updated:

Product ID / Description / Qty. / Order Date / Tracking #

Status: The equipment has shipped and/or the activation is complete

---

The tracking number is the only thing that isn't displayed.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
I logged-in to Sprint.com > See payment history > See my order history >

It gives me the Order Id next to the date I ordered the phone, I copied and pasted that number into the Sprint Order Status page and then it gives me the following information:

---

Order Number:
Last Updated:

Product ID / Description / Qty. / Order Date / Tracking #

Status: The equipment has shipped and/or the activation is complete

---

The tracking number is the only thing that isn't displayed.
Check to see if that's the same number as you received in your email confirmation

JokerElite

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
New Jersey
Check to see if that's the same number as you received in your email confirmation
I never received an E-Mail confirmation. I called Sprint about it and they said it's weird that I didn't get one. (I've heard of other people not getting them) I even checked my spam folder. They said the order did indeed go through, and is showing up in the system.

Nathan576

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
this is a sprint pre-order thread not a sprint bashing thread. thank you.
sorry but sprint must pay for their ********. They would try to sneak extra charges on our bill for months:mad:. i hope they go bankroupt. they are thieves

julietcc

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2012
I still have this under "See my order status" (3 iphones + 3 Apple Care +s)
09/14/2012 DM60-O-xxxxxxx Order in Progress $1,155.83

My order status through the link in the email still has this:

Status: Thank you for pre-ordering the 32G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Your device will arrive on or around September 21. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

spacebetween

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
I still have this under "See my order status" (3 iphones + 3 Apple Care +s)
09/14/2012 DM60-O-xxxxxxx Order in Progress $1,155.83

My order status through the link in the email still has this:

Status: Thank you for pre-ordering the 32G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Your device will arrive on or around September 21. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.
Mine says the same too.

julietcc

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2012
Stupid question. My two sons and I are upgrading to these 3 iphones. They both chose to buy the white 16 GB. Do either of their phone numbers have to go to one phone or the other? If so, how would you tell which one needs to be activated for which #? I got the 32 GB so I don't have to worry about which phone is mine ;) These are our first iphones and the first ever ordered online rather than just buying in a Sprint store or Best Buy. Thanks.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
Stupid question. My two sons and I are upgrading to these 3 iphones. They both chose to buy the white 16 GB. Do either of their phone numbers have to go to one phone or the other? If so, how would you tell which one needs to be activated for which #? I got the 32 GB so I don't have to worry about which phone is mine ;) These are our first iphones and the first ever ordered online rather than just buying in a Sprint store or Best Buy. Thanks.
If you were upgrading to iphone's they will probably come with the number on it already, just check under the settings page to see which number is which.