Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rhett7660, Apr 7, 2016.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

It has finally dropped...

I am super excited for this one!!!!!!!

2. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

I Love how dark the trailer is for this one. I like where this is going.

3. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I'm not super!!!!! excited but still excited. Should be better than Ep.7 without too many major nostalgia scenes.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

5. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Trailer is better than Ep VII. :p And I like that they kept very on the nose old serials / Star Wars dialog. Felicity feels like Han with a little bit of Snake Plissken (tiny), so I like, even if she is so very typical of that type of character. Curious about Forest Whittakers' role. And Donnie Yen is doing Donnie Yen things + Death Star.

Did I miss Mads?

At any rate, still looking forward to this one.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I wish they would show it in IMAX 2D, I hate wearing more glasses than I need too.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

8. Limey77 macrumors regular

It's certainly looking very promising. Now we just need to find out who the Bothan spies are...

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

10. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

This one caught me more than the SW7 trailers. Looked really good and old school SW.

11. Kg4zlb macrumors member

Kg4zlb

I'm confused - is this the next film (after The Force Awakens) or is this a side film?

12. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

You're confusing your Death Stars...the 'many Bothans died to bring us this information' line is from ROTJ in reference to the 2nd Death Star. Rogue One is about the theft of the plans for the first Death Star in ANH.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 8, 2016 ---
    It's one of their 'anthology' films...a separate story that in this case, takes place prior to the events of the first movie, episode IV.

13. Kg4zlb macrumors member

Kg4zlb

OK, thanks - I must have dropped the ball on that cos' I didn't know this was coming!

14. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Well then what I nice little bonus (I'm assuming you are a fan, of course ;)) for you. Disney has plans to release a new Star Wars movie every year for the next few years at least, filling the years in between the 3rd trilogy with these anthology stories. I believe the film to be released in between episodes VIII and XI in 2018 is a Han Solo story also taking place prior to the events of episode IV. There are also rumors of either a Boba Fett or Obi-wan story to follow.

15. Kg4zlb macrumors member

Kg4zlb

Suh-weet! A Happy Friday to me (and its pay day!) Thanks for the info

16. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

An Obi-Wan story would be great, I'd hope they were able to get McGregor to come back, I quite liked him playing the character.

Boba Fett is an overrated character in my opinion, though there's no denying the armor looks cool.

17. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

There has also been some rumblings about a Boba Fett movie but nothing has been mentioned officially about it. Same with Obi-Wan. I would love to see McGregor come back.....

18. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Agreed regarding Ewan and Obi-Wan. And I've seen interviews where Ewan says he'd love to do it, so here's hoping.

19. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

You know how some people would buy anything with a :apple: logo on it?

Well I'll watch anything with the Star Wars name!

Looks cool though.

Why not have Boba Fett in the Han Solo prequel film? They certinly had history in the now redundant novels.

20. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

You and me both..... I hate the fact if it is in IMAX, it is in 3D. UGH :mad:

21. Limey77 macrumors regular

22. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Looks kinda interesting, but the lead is way too close to being Rey 2 as an archetype.

I'd prefer more of an Ellen Ripley type. Older, wiser, and visually more imposing.

23. Limey77 macrumors regular

Is that that just because she's female?

Rey clearly has Jedi powers Jyn shows no sign. Jyn is at least 10 years older, and leader of people.

Sure, both are female and seem to kick ass but that doesn't mean they're the same.

I'm excited to see where she takes the role, but as this is an anthology film I could certainly see her not surviving the film. Succeeding in her mission but dying along the way.

As we have never heard of her before, I would be disappointed if they tried to shoehorn her into the overall story arc. If the SW universe is really as big as it should be, there would be many, many people who played a key role at one single point in time, yet had no connection to the Skywalkers etc.

24. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Ellen...Ripley....that sound like a male to you?

25. Limey77 macrumors regular

Obviously not, I just couldn't make sense of your post given ages of Felicity Jones vs Sigourney Weaver.

Perhaps I'm missing your point. But the way it seems is that you feel that the younger Sigourney Weaver is a better lead character than the older Felicity Jones.

Yet at the same time the older felicity Jones is too similar to the much younger Rey.

Perhaps you could clarify what you meant?