Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icantbelieveit

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Fortune claim that Steve will make his keynote on the first day of the WWDC and will announce the iPhone at this time:

Although no official announcement has been made, Apple public relations confirmed to Fortune that Steve Jobs will deliver a keynote address on June 9, the first day of the 2008 World Wide Developers conference.

It is widely expected that Jobs will use that speech to unveil the next generation of iPhones, including a so-called 3G model.

Not really new information, but just confirmation that Apple PR have confirmed Jobs will talk to us on the first day, so iPhone announcement June 9th then?

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/05/12/3g-iphone-steve-jobs-to-deliver-keynote-june-9/

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Steve Jobs to Give Keynote at WWDC on June 9th

Fortune's Apple 2.0 blog received confirmation from Apple's public relations that Steve Jobs would be delivering the keynote speech at Apple's Wordwide Developer's Conference on Monday, June 9th.
Although no official announcement has been made, Apple public relations confirmed to Fortune that Steve Jobs will deliver a keynote address on June 9, the first day of the 2008 World Wide Developers conference.
Of course, it's no surprise that Steve Jobs will be delivering the keynote speech at WWDC, but it had not been formally announced or scheduled. Apple, of course, is widely expected to deliver the next version of the iPhone at WWDC.

Article Link

cshale210

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

new MacBook pros so I can go to college in style

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I bet Steve says three things. That it is the biggest developer conference in Apple's history. And some mention about gaining marketshare. And one more thing.

iSlave

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Steve Jobs is gonna be at WWDC?? Really...?? This news, along with yet another 'hint' about the 3G iPhone, AND the groundbreaking revelation I just heard about a bear <ykw> in the woods, makes this the most surprising day ever.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Announcing the "iPhone Black"! The same old phone you love, but now in rich, deep "Black"!

Maybe he'll pull it out from under his sleeve ... you know he always wears a black turtleneck. Steve Jobs the magician!!

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
I wonder if today's quake in china is going to affect 3G iPhone shipments? Sorry that's an insensitive question, but someone had to ask it. :I

fastbite

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
London
2 new Iphones coming?

Attachments

• Summary_ What We Know About iPhone 2 [updated] | iLounge Article.jpg
    Summary_ What We Know About iPhone 2 [updated] | iLounge Article.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 123

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Announcing the "iPhone Black"! The same old phone you love, but now in rich, deep "Black"!

Funny you should say that: AppleInsider Story

Maybe he'll pull it out from under his sleeve ... you know he always wears a black turtleneck. Steve Jobs the magician!!

I reckon he will regurgitate it, then slide it out of his mouth. Had to go to extreme measures to keep it secret you know...

Hope everyone has their countdown to WWDC dashboard widget!!

Countdown to WWDC Widget

Retired
May 16, 2006
I just hope its a full SteveNote, no shuffling the responsibility to Phil and others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.