Steve Jobs to Keynote WWDC 2005

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple announced that Steve Jobs would be kicking off the WWDC Keynote on Monday, June 6th 2005 at 10am.

The five-day event which runs from June 6 - 10th is offers developers teaching sessions, Q&As, hands-on labs and more. Details available at Apple's WWDC site.

While the conference is not a consumer-oriented event, Apple has used the WWDC Keynote to launch several hardware items in the recent years. Last year's WWDC brought new LCD's, while 2003's WWDC introduced the PowerMac G5.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Add a new model Quad PowerMac (dual processor dual core) at $3500 please! :D

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
Aww Steve doing his keynote on my 18th Bday, how sweet, he better make a special announcement for me.
Shame i also have a few A-level exams on my 18th as well :(

NoCleverSNForMe

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2003
PowerBook G5

I honestly hope they're going to come out with the PowerBook G5.

I'm dissappointed, not because I wanted one or needed one, but because Apple was supposed to be ahead of the Windows world. They've certainly achieved this in the software area, but the hardware area is another story (i.e. the 3.0 Ghz marker was supposed to have been crossed last June).

It's going to be the two-year anniversary of the unveiling of the PowerMac G5. Let's hope they release something that will put us out on top again...after all, the iBooks are just one upgrade away from catching up with the PowerBooks.

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
Well, what could he introduce this time? Isn't most of the line updated already, except for the eMac and iMac (I believe) but that's no place to introduce them. I'll hope for something new all together.

Fishes,
narco.

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Lets see some PB or iBook updates! :D

Just out of curiosity, since these aren't exactly "consumer driven" shows would the keynote that Steve gives be available on the site as the Macworld one was?

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Fredstar said:
Aww Steve doing his keynote on my 18th Bday, how sweet, he better make a special announcement for me.
Shame i also have a few A-level exams on my 18th as well :(
Happy B-day! Its my brothers 21st! which means that I might be at some stupid party with all my realitives :( oh well, I might just have to sneak upstairs to watch it! :p

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
i still think a powerbook g5 is a bit early.. i say powerbook g5 annouced at mwsf 06 along with new ipods this july/august...

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
GFLPraxis said:
I'd rather have dual core G4's. Good performance + great battery life + low heat levels.
My PowerBook gets so hot that I need to wear asbestos trousers and jeopardise my chances of fathering more children!

I agree, I don't think that they'll be using G5's in the next PowerBook.

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
What's next

Tiger is such a huge deal for Apple, but they have already delivered it. So, that makes this keynote particularly interesting. What will they announce next month? I'm really looking forward to it. I think a new Powerbook is likely, but not a G5, something much better. What? :eek:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
The only surprise would be if Steve didn't do the Keynote. Once again the Keynote is on Monday, Keynotes used to be on Tuesday. This does allow for the exhibits being open four days, plus Monday afternoon. Will give Apple more time to show the new stuff. We can always hope for a surprise announcement with the Power Mac.

icon4x

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2004
Boston
New OS Upgrade

If he announces they're working on "Lion" (10.5) due out sometime in Summer '06, I'll probably start to hate Apple.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
i'de like powerbooks that could handle HD authoring

dual core G4 could probably do it

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Yeah i will be surprised if theres new hardware in his keynote (the olny thing i could possibly see right now is new iPods) if they introduce a powerbook g5 i will crap my pants :p . (well not really i will just be very surprised) and also i dont need one. I would love to see dual G4s in them so it will probobly be cooler.

opps i lied what about Jam box or what ever its called

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
sjpetry said:
Can everyone stop with the G5 PowerBook.
It's not gonna happen in June. ;)
I have that feeling too. Oh well think secret will tell all. Oh and what about the astroid...

PS nice dog I have one too.