Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple CEO Steve Jobs will take the stage on Tuesday night at All Things D. The interview will be conducted by Kara Swisher who has hinted at the topics of discussion:There is much to talk to Jobs about, obviously, including the new iPad, the mobile market and the iPhone, its tense relationship with Google (GOOG) and the next innovations from the Silicon Valley computer icon.Steve Jobs' last appearance was at D5 in 2007 shortly after the announcement of the original iPhone.

Steve Jobs from 2007
Other speakers include Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and HTC CEO Peter Chou.

Article Link: Steve Jobs to Take Stage at 8th 'D: All Things Digital' Tuesday Night

thevofl

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
It would be nice if he were to announce updates to the Mac Pro, Air at ATD, since WWDC will be all things iPhone.

Comment

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
Enough about the iPad already? I have one and it's definitely not magical. Also, as if he will mention 'the next innovation' from Apple... yeah, right.

It is interesting, however, that random news stories always come quickly after something that doesn't paint Apple in a positive light. It's ok, you can flame me for that... just my observation as a long time reader. :)

Comment

Exponent

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Silicon Valley
I think it would be great to use this as an opportunity to tone down the rhetoric regarding Google and Adobe. Apple doesn't do too well when it's fighting with its tech neighbors.

Comment

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
I'd like to see what all three of those guys have to say. Can't wait to see it.

And yes, Steve did seem very annoyed by Kara last time. It was kinda funny.

Comment

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Enough about the iPad already? I have one and it's definitely not magical.

Wheras I think it is magical, so there you go. But there is a way to settle this difference of opinion: time.

I say that when we get to 2020 and look back on this decade, it will be known as the tablet decade (if not the iPad decade), just as the last decade could best be associated with the iPod. I think the iPad is going to change the course of technology. That's magic.

Comment

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
I like how everyone makes out Jobs as some evil meglomanic, yet everytime I hear him speak he comes across as thoughtful, considered, intelligent and passionate about his work. And he normally has a few good one liners as well.

I suspect this time will be no different and we will get one or two good bits of info.

Comment

Erwin-Br

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2008
The Netherlands
Wheras I think it is magical, so there you go. But there is a way to settle this difference of opinion: time.

I say that when we get to 2020 and look back on this decade, it will be known as the tablet decade (if not the iPad decade), just as the last decade could best be associated with the iPod. I think the iPad is going to change the course of technology. That's magic.

What the...? Even *if* most people would say the iPad is "magical", does that mean he has to agree as well? :confused:

Comment

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
I like how everyone makes out Jobs as some evil meglomanic, yet everytime I hear him speak he comes across as thoughtful, considered, intelligent and passionate about his work. And he normally has a few good one liners as well.

I suspect this time will be no different and we will get one or two good bits of info.

Thanks for saying that. Someone needed to. The guy is a class act, outside of these forums in the 'real world' he is respected. And he should be, look what he's accomplished. Those who bash him are jealous, ignorant, not that bright, I don't know but there sure is lots of SJobs bashing on this forum.

Comment

WildGuess

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010
Watch out, Jobs!

I have the latest MBA, extreme base station, Atv and iPod. You better not make any of those obsolete. On a side note, on the nets I scored a vudu box with 1TB drive and wireless for $99 with free shipping. They rent and sell, ahem, adult movies. Works great.:)

Comment

NSMonkey

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2009
Enough about the iPad already? I have one and it's definitely not magical. Also, as if he will mention 'the next innovation' from Apple... yeah, right.

It is interesting, however, that random news stories always come quickly after something that doesn't paint Apple in a positive light. It's ok, you can flame me for that... just my observation as a long time reader. :)

Yeah, the two million iPads sold in 60 days was such a tragic event for Apple. Macrumors needed to cover that up as quickly as possible. :rolleyes:

Comment

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
What the...? Even *if* most people would say the iPad is "magical", does that mean he has to agree as well? :confused:

What is confusing to you? I said the other poster and I had different opinions, so I explicitly noted that he did not have to agree with me. That's what it means to have different opinions.

Comment

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007

He wasn't saying he has to agree as well. The post he was responding to said "it is definitely not magical", to which it could be asked, what the.....? Just because you don't think its magical, does that mean it is not magical to anyone?

I think your response was misdirected to the wrong exclusionary post.

Comment

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
There's no way Jobs is going to spill the beans on “next innovations from the Silicon Valley computer icon”.

Much more likely to want to discuss the Foxconn situation.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.