Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whirldy

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Within
Witch won y'all getting? :p

sport_blue_large.jpg

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I know you can put cellular radios in a device that small, but I'm sure the carriers would require another data plan for it like they do with tablets. Plus I can't think of many places I'd take my watch but not my phone, so I'm actually not clamoring for a wholly independent device at the moment.

Personally, I'm hoping one day the watch will be functional enough that I can ditch my phone and just carry the watch and an iPad. I usually need the iPad with me because some things are just not doable on the small iPhone screen. If I didn't need the iphone to quickly look up directions while I'm walking down the street, I could very well do without it. So if and when I can do that from an independent Apple watch, I think it's going to be "sayonara iPhone" for me.

La2texas

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2017
It's 2017 and it's still ugly. I hear a new one is coming out and it looks exactly the same ... Like a shiny 1995 calculator watch without the buttons lol.

Reactions: Sunny1990

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
It's 2017 and it's still ugly. I hear a new one is coming out and it looks exactly the same ... Like a shiny 1995 calculator watch without the buttons lol.

Don't buy one! Some people still use 'regular' watches. If anything, the Apple watch, and other 'wearables' are causing more to wear actual watches...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Aside from not offering much of an argument on your behalf of why you don't like the Apple Watch, it's evident you don't have an understanding the design of a watch. Watches do not traditionally change physically every single year or every other year for that matter. And even if the Apple Watch did change in design, it would likely just be more of a thinner casing versus a completely overhauled revamped design.

The Apple Watch is more about what It can do internally then what it offers Externally. Anyone owning an Apple Watch On these forums will attest to that.

Reactions: wineandcarbs

wineandcarbs

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
Aside from not offering much of an argument on your behalf of why you don't like the Apple Watch, it's evident you don't have an understanding the design of a watch. Watches do not traditionally change physically every single year or every other year for that matter. And even if the Apple Watch did change in design, it would likely just be more of a thinner casing versus a completely overhauled revamped design.

The Apple Watch is more about what It can do internally then what it offers Externally. Anyone owning an Apple Watch On these forums will attest to that.

Right on, on both things. With respect to general watch design, if you put my Swiss watch next to two of my relatives' watches even though there are minor differences in the styles we chose (one has diamonds around the bezel for example whereas mine does not), you could easily tell they are all from the same collection. And we bought ours decades apart.

Reactions: 44267547

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015

Damn!!! How i missed this thread :mad: i for sure was a :apple: watch hater before :D To me it looked like a fat slab watch,without knowing much about it :( but now after owning ( stainless steel model)one i have to admit i am completely changed,this thing is so so beautiful

Last edited:

narcolept

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2008
I find the Apple Watch ugly.

I buy Apple mainly for beauty in design. Right now, Windows 7 was functional enough, and Windows 9 looks ok. But I love the beauty of OSX. I love the sleek designs of the MacBook and iMac families.

I think Apple's plastic colorful iPods were ugly too, but that never bothered me since I don't buy iPods.

But it does bother me that the Apple Watch is ugly, because I would have bought one, but there's no way I will use an ugly watch, particularly if most of what it does can be done with the iPhone in my pocket.

For instance, why read an email on a watch when it's far easier to read and type on an iPhone.

The only reason I would want an Apple Watch is because it is a sizzling piece of eye-candy jewellry on my wrist. Right now, it's a functional monstrosity.

It's a good thing everyone has their own opinion..

..of course, you know what they say about opinions.

Reactions: Peter K.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Damn!!! How i missed this thread :mad: i for sure was a :apple: watch hater before :D To me it looked like a fat slab watch,without knowing much about it :( but now after owning ( stainless steel model)one i have to admit i am completely changed,this thing is so so beautiful

What size Stainless model did you purchase with what band? Are you going to share pictures of your Apple Watch in the Apple Watch thread I quoted you on yesterday? You never responded and I really want to see pictures of your stainless Watch on your wrist, along with the Watch face when you're wearing it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.