Stop the Pissing Matches!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoveMyMacPro, Nov 4, 2017.

1. LoveMyMacPro, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

LoveMyMacPro Suspended

Good lord, what is wrong with you all? The iPhone X comes out and suddenly people are turning on each other. People who bought and like the X are being called stupid, fools, beta testers, pathetic, etc. People that bought the 8 or 8+, the 7 or 7+ or have chosen the SE or to stay with an earlier model are being called poor, peasants, stupid, etc. Cut it out! Who cares what phone someone else has? Why does is matter? There's nothing wrong with liking your phone. There's also nothing wrong with someone liking a different phone than you do. Nothing! Stop with the judgy bullcrap already. The X, the 8 models, the 7 models, the SE, etc are all great phones. Apple doesn't make crappy phones, we all know that. So be adults and stop sniping at each other over your phone of choice. It's getting real old.

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

It's not that people have a problem with the reviews, it's he trying to justify their purchase in the reviews. Almost every review of the iPhone X puts down features of the other phones. This is done to justify their purchase, which makes the other phone owners mad, and in turn they bash the iPhone X users.

If someone likes face ID, fine, but no reason to say that Touch ID sucks in the process.

3. Contra1971 macrumors member

Contra1971

Wow I never heard anyone calling each other names because of the phones this is news to me

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Suddenly? Are you new? I say this only half sarcastically. This is how it is every year for one reason or other. Usually it’s people with a complaint. This year it’s 8 versus X lol. And some complaints peppered in.

5. LoveMyMacPro thread starter Suspended

No I'm not, but this year seems particularly bad.

6. DougFNJ macrumors 65816

DougFNJ

I agree with this post, I was actually going to send a note to the mods requesting that they do to the iPhone section what they did in the Mac section......break sub sections down my type, like in notebooks you have Macbook, Air, Pro, etc.

7. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Initially hovered around the Accessories forum for Airpods discussion (signed up the day after I purchased them).

Then ventured to the iPhone forum for some informative X details & to share my excitement of this upcoming phone...the positive expectations were dominated by plenty of threads derailed by people who's first instinct is to be confrontational & patronise others....to see who could be the loudest smart arse...to see who could get the most responses to a troll thread.

Now that the X is out, & with the positive reviews, there are still morons looking to put others down for buying it. It gets pretty tiresome.

Maybe splitting the forum up to certain iPhone models will reduce the conflicts.

8. MLVC macrumors 6502a

MLVC

This place is toxic. The negativity here is insane, I have yet to see that elsewhere, places like Reddit are not like this. I don’t know if it’s lack of moderation but it sure as hell made MR a far less enjoyable place to read up on things.

9. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I love my X. Didn’t think I would like it as much as I do. Loved my 6 Plus for 3 years too, but now when I pick it up it feels too wide. Doesn’t feel as good.

Love Face ID, can’t get the thing to fail under normal use. Love the speed of the phone too.

The screeen is AMAZING! Very happy with the upgrade truthfully.

I use my phone in portrait like 99% of the time, even with YouTube so I can partake in live chats...and this phone excels.

10. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

It’s human nature to complain when we don’t like something. Some people are worse than others, MR has always been bad for it.

Yes it’s silly and yes it would be nice if people could just accept the fact that everyone has a choice to make. Their own, individual choice that has no bearing on anyone else whatsoever.

Would be nice, but unlikely to happen, here especially. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy a good debate, but preferably one that’s grounded in reality.

The only bit of it that really bothers me is the misinformation, borderline lies and badly informed nonsense that springs up from people who haven’t tried one product or another.

I have in the past seen people decide not to buy a product because they read some nonsense posted on here. I like to try and provide factual information whenever I can, even if it doesn’t suit my particular tastes.

11. MLVC macrumors 6502a

MLVC

Oh I know, if those posts containing deliberate misinformation and lies were deleted by mods, it'd make the place more enjoyable for sure.

12. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Eh folks can say what they want. I’m a part time Galaxy user so I’m kinda used to getting ridiculous comments here lol. And this happens every year. You had iPhone 5c vs 5s then it was 6 vs 6 Plus. Then it was rose gold 6S vs everything, then it was Jet Black vs Matte Black and now it’s X vs 8 lol. Don’t forget all the hate Samsung and Microsoft products automatically get around these parts.

But it’s whatev...I got the iPhone 10 and I’m loving it. Beautiful phone that truly feels like a 2017 device. Personally I think the iPhone 8 looks dated as hell and if folks don’t like that then that’s too bad. My opinion. I’m sure some would disagree and that’s cool. I say enjoy what you have, whether it be the 10, 8, Samsung, etc. I mean you bought it with your money lol at least most folks here did lol

13. haqsha23 macrumors 6502a

haqsha23

I had someone "praying that my X would catch fire in my pocket" because i sold an extra one i had for a 200 profit.

14. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

I’d have been happier buying it with your money :D I kid of course. But I know what you mean, some people just don’t like to accept that we’re all different. I actually liked what Microsoft did with Windows Mobile, well, I wasn’t a huge fan of the live tiles if I’m honest but it was a technically very well done system, it was a great performer.

And I still have my Nexus 4, which I love even if I do get ridiculed for it :rolleyes: but it’s handy for some things I can’t do on iOS

15. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Tbh I kinda miss the days of when the Nexus brand was still a thing. The Nexus One is still one of my all time favorite phones. Easily in my top 10. I swear the 2010 smartphone era is my favorite. Nexus One, iPhone 4, Droid X, HTC Evo, Droid Incredible, the first gen Galaxy S. Miss those days :( Look at me getting all nostalgic lol

16. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Yeah there were some designs that have yet to be beaten as far as I’m concerned. iPhone 4 is still my favourite iPhone design.

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

This year has been vastly different to the previous 4 though. We’ve been crying out for a new design for years and when it’s finally here Apple have decided to price a significant amount of their loyal consumers out. Combine that with some of the Marmite features and the superior complex an X user often adopts when commenting online and you are always going to get petty scrabbling.

18. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

What’s to be superior about? It’s a phone/computer for Christ’s sake, they do almost all of the same things, in slightly different ways.
    The improved cameras and some of the Face ID niceties like the attention aware stuff are about the only things other iPhones don’t have.

19. Newtons Apple, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

This place is no worst than what our society has turned into.

Sad sign of the times. Just driving with people in traffic is toxic, everyout to make sure they are not “disrespected” while on the road.

20. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

I have no idea, you’d have to ask them. A poster told me yesterday the X is a status symbol and users have every right to feel superior.

21. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

A status symbol, ah that made me chuckle. Just what has to be wrong in your life if your phone has to be a status symbol?
    Maybe I just don’t get it, maybe it’s because I’m getting older, god knows.

I still buy my things the old fashioned way, by deciding what best suits my needs, or what would bring me the most pleasure. I do like the X, because it suits me, I love the Plus sized screens but thanks to my nerve damage I sometimes have issues with them. The X seemed like a good compromise on screen real estate and size, damn my practicality.

Had I known I’d have bought a papoose for my phone, just so everyone could see what a self important tit I am :D

22. Skoal macrumors 68000

Because people are stupid and want to validate themselves vs. others. Miserable lives must be validated.

23. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Look on the bright side, only a week or so ago a status symbol was items like a £15k Rolex or a Ferrari. As status symbols go you’ve actually got yourself quite the bargain!

You now have the qualification to look down your nose at peasants like me with my 2015 poor quality iPhone 6S and have that extra swing in your step. ;)

24. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

My won't that just be wizard :p I wonder how the status symbolites will feel when they find out my friend who's never worked a day in his life has just got an iPhone X? How does that affect the status symbol then?

25. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.