Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You Snooze You Lose Part 2 for handout.jpg
Man this is what I would love to get my family on, what a friggin deal, and in your case, $80 for 3 lines unlimited is unbelievable!!!

but I think the $100+third free line ends tonight, and thats not enough time for my parents to decide if they want to leap or not

Every day I want to switch to T-Mo and go solo, just on principle. but I wont for now,

You snooze, you lose son :D
That's why I keep telling people when they see great monthly plans to jump on them right away and grandfather themselves in.
They think they will be around forever or better deals might come out.
Most had to wait over 7 years for AT&T and Verizon to bring back unlimited data plan.
If you sit there and cant decide or wait and leave it for later you'd be SOL :D

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Manchester has one.

I meant none of the people posting are in CT they want you to go to their location to activate through them.

Went to the one in Hartford today. Someone walked in reaking of Skunk weed and I had to leave.... I couldnt breathe

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Then you can do this.
Get the 2 unlimited lines for $100. Get the hook up code to drop it to $80. Add the third line for free.
Then get free iPhone 7/+.

Nailed it.

Only thing is I'm not sure if you also get the $150 credit for switching per line.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/apple-promotion.htm?clickid=wudWbQSgt3NZ1eO0IiUGSWbiUkhw0DTVUTnIQc0&iradid=189491&ircid=3290&irpid=10451&cmpid=WTR_AF_Slickdeals LLC&sharedid=&irgwc=1

You don't. My wife and I got a free 7 instead of the 150$. It's either/or. I traded in my 6 as I was holding out for the new flagship, but I figure I can keep this one mint and make a decent buck off it (more than $150). My bro went for the 150. After years of paying through the nose this is ridiculously awesome.

You have to pay the tax (applicable to your location), trade in your used phone and pay a 21$ fee to get the 7.
[doublepost=1488762841][/doublepost]
I meant none of the people posting are in CT they want you to go to their location to activate through them.

Went to the one in Hartford today. Someone walked in reaking of Skunk weed and I had to leave.... I couldnt breathe

I got mine from a rep over the phone. Took a few times (I asked whenever I had to call in during the switch from AT&T). It's worth trying. A salesperson on twitter was willing to give me her code after I obtained the one over the phone. It took some persistence, but you can get one without going to the store (20% off code).

The dude that walked in needs some isopropyl alcohol, salt and a brush. Either that or he could relocate to my home state of MA. Poor soul.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Manchester has one.

seriously can not give you enough thanks !!!

Virtual bro hug !!!

I got it off twitter just check every 30 minutes for new post. Someone posted they had one I direct messaged them and they sent it to me. Super nice of them. Just had to sign up to twitter and figure out how to use it.
[doublepost=1488768512][/doublepost]if you don't want to do the work they are on eBay for 80-100 bucks with best offer. Kind of a D-bag thing to do because its so easy to get as others have mentioned here. But if you want a 100% sure thing thats an option. I emailed a few people a few told me they'd give me a code if they get another one. IF they do I'll post it here.

mikeyiphone

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
You don't. My wife and I got a free 7 instead of the 150$. It's either/or. I traded in my 6 as I was holding out for the new flagship, but I figure I can keep this one mint and make a decent buck off it (more than $150). My bro went for the 150. After years of paying through the nose this is ridiculously awesome.

You have to pay the tax (applicable to your location), trade in your used phone and pay a 21$ fee to get the 7.
[doublepost=1488762841][/doublepost]

I got mine from a rep over the phone. Took a few times (I asked whenever I had to call in during the switch from AT&T). It's worth trying. A salesperson on twitter was willing to give me her code after I obtained the one over the phone. It took some persistence, but you can get one without going to the store (20% off code).

The dude that walked in needs some isopropyl alcohol, salt and a brush. Either that or he could relocate to my home state of MA. Poor soul.
[doublepost=1488848023][/doublepost]When you say Free iPhone 7 you mean it was given to you free outright? No monthly installments?

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
[doublepost=1488848023][/doublepost]When you say Free iPhone 7 you mean it was given to you free outright? No monthly installments?

No you have to give them at least a iPhone 6. They will then give you trade in for it. The difference is sent in a form
Of a gift card that you can use to pay off your bill.

I had 2 iPhone 6s paid off so I got a 7 for free

I owe $350 on each iPhone 6s Plus so had to pay $100 for the upgrade to the plus + att the $700 I owe them.

They will either pay off your old phone or give you a 7 not both.

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008

Taxes and a 21$ charge plus old phone trade in. Balance comes of what I owe on phone comes in the form of a rebate visa check card. Have to go down to store or call it in to pay it off when it arrives in the mail

Reactions: Applejuiced

mikeyiphone

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I went to t-mobile after reading this thread.
Got 2 lines, unlimited, for $80 a month.
2 iPhones 128GB Jet black and 32GB Mettle Black for $125+ $50 for activating both lines.
Taxes are a killer tho.

So far the service is the same if not better. Wifi and LTE seem to be faster with T-Mobile.

Thanks guys!

Burky84

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2017
If i switch to T-Mobile will they pay off my Verizon dpp which isn't EDGE? An also my wife's ETF? Thanks

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
If i switch to T-Mobile will they pay off my Verizon dpp which isn't EDGE? An also my wife's ETF? Thanks

Not sure what they're running for current promotions, but give them a call. They were very helpful when I switched. I think they run promos on the reg.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.