Switcheasy Cases for the new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mrt209, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mrt209, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

mrt209 macrumors 6502

Just got an email from Switcheasy today, they are releasing the new Canvas case for the new iPad on March 16. They will also be releasing updated CoverBuddy and Cara cases as well, and completely new cases for the new iPad.

So if you just bought a Switcheasy case for the new iPad, I would probably return it and wait for the new cases.

Edit: They've already launched the new Canvas case and added a new category for the new iPad - http://www.switcheasy.com/store_cat.php?cat=The+new+iPad

Edit: They've released the new CoverBuddy case, ordered one :) http://www.switcheasy.com/store/product/CoverBuddy_ThenewiPad

2. lc8 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info.. Would like to have the updated coverbuddy for the new iPad. Been stalking their site waiting for the release.

3. falcora macrumors 6502

me too :D

4. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I emailed them last week, and they basically said the same thing. I'd assume the Canvas will be updated to fit the iPad 3 ('New iPad') :D

5. LaurenAJb macrumors member

I will definitely buy coverbuddy when it is updated...

I know this isn't really relative but I have the melt cover from switch easy for my phone it is awesome!!!

6. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

Cool. I was keeping my eyes peeled too. Can't wait for the cover buddy. Looks good with the smart cover :)

Some of the covers are on their website now but not the coverbuddy.

7. xyphr3 macrumors member

Whats the point in buying a CoverBuddy when it only covers the back when they offer the Canvas that covers front and back?

8. ljeffs macrumors member

Canvas, RibCage, Thins, TRIG and Pure all now available to purchase online for the new iPad.

Just put an order in for the Canvas. I haven't received any info yet on expected delivery.

9. marcello696 macrumors regular

went ahead and placed my order for the Canvas, I like the new look and it gives me the front and back protection I'm looking for.

10. daitalianjob macrumors regular

hmmm grey or red? Red for the phillies fan in me and it's my favorite color? or grey cause it's classy...

11. Mshilling macrumors regular

with all the options out there, im not too fond of the price. Id much rather pay 30-40 for a case like that. Anyone have any coupon codes?

12. jbimler macrumors regular

Any word on if they'll release a Nude for the new iPad? Waiting to buy that one.

13. cashel macrumors member

This made my day, thanks. I loved my Canvas case for the iPad2. Had the black last time, thinking about getting the red this time for the new iPad.

14. gummycat macrumors newbie

If it helps... their warranty and replacement policy is second to none. You will get two full years replacement. You send a picture of the issue, they overnight a new one. Easy peasy. They have been awesome with my iPad 2 Canvas this past year.

I, for one, and more than willing to pay the premium knowing I am covered for two full years. I am leaning heavily towards the Canvas. Gonna poke around a bit more at other options, but will probably order later today.

15. Mshilling macrumors regular

Actually, it does...I have no problem spending money when its worth it. I appreciate your comments and most likely will order the canvas today. I'm going with red I think just to distinguish it from my wifes ipad 2 case.

16. simmstar macrumors member

So no "clip" like before but...

Really pleased that they have updated this case.

I know a few people had trouble with the clip that used to be on the case to help keep the front cover closed. Seeing as they have updated the design and got rid of the clip I think that this will be the case for me.

Although, I'm not sure about their choice of wording to describe the new design:

"New and improved unique latchless self adhesive cover"

Self adhesive, to me anyway, sounds like there is some sort of glue or 3M Taping involved!!!!!! I'm guessing there is some sort of magnetic closure built in.

Anyone else have any ideas?!!

17. cashel macrumors member

Really? I did not know this. Does it cover accidental damage? My iPad 2 fell from my night stand and landed on it's back. This cracked the back corner of my previous Canvas case.

The fall also dented the rear corner of the iPad and raised the glass on that corner by a millimeter at best, and I'm sure this was because of the snap in design of the case (the plastic forcing whatever it could 'upward'), but I'd rather have something minor like that happen versus a cracked screen or worse.

18. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

19. jmantn macrumors 6502

CoverBuddy

I'm really looking forward to the CoverBuddy by Switcheasy. Has anyone came across an ETA for the updated cover?

20. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not yet, but I'm hoping they release the updated cover on Friday or early next week. I'm planning on getting the Cover Buddy as well, loved it for my iPad 2. Felt a bit slippery in the beginning when holding it, but got used to it over time.

21. jmantn macrumors 6502

Did you get the clear cover or a rubberized color cover? I was thinking the clear would be more slippery and was debating on getting a black cover for my white iPad and a blue smart cover.

22. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rubberized... the gray version. It did feel like the grip improved a lot over time though.

23. christof macrumors 6502

Is the new iPad SwitchEasy CANVAS Charcoal color a grey or more of a taupe (grey with slight brown)?

24. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

what happened to the slots for the ipad to sit in ...

u guys think those grippy swirls will hold the ipad ?

[​IMG]