Switching from iPhone 7 to 7 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dctkline, Nov 25, 2016.

1. dctkline macrumors newbie

i got the iPhone 7 gold on release day but I keep looking at the matte black iPhone 7 plus has anyone gone to the bigger screen and hated it or did you make the switch and love it?

2. ultra7k macrumors 6502

ultra7k

Went from 6 to 7 plus, and have zero regrets.

The plus has a noticeable weight to it in comparison to the smaller phone (even more so when you add the case), but that goes away with time.

The battery life and screen real estate are worth the trade off in weight and size. Holding the regular size phone makes it feel ridiculously small now.

You do lose some one handed functionality, but whatever. I believe I will be going plus all the way now.

3. blaine07 macrumors 68000

This

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

This is my experience as well. Feel like I have to squint when using the wife's 6s.

6. dctkline thread starter macrumors newbie

Only thing I worry about is carrying it in my pocket

7. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Pocketability is not an issue unless you wear skinny jeans. The only thing that bothers me is the loss of one handed function but I'm sure I'll adapt over time.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I used to be that person who used a case attached to my belt for my 4.7 iPhone. Then I switched to the 7 Plus, I put it in my back pocket and just make sure not to sit on it.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I have found even with the 4.7 iPhone, I was still using two hands. But you're correct, the Plus model can be cumbersome, but you get used to it.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No way I could go back to a smaller phone after using the Plus size keyboards.

What is good is Apple gives us all choices.

11. fatalogic macrumors regular

fatalogic

I think the plus is big but not unreasonable. The bigger issue is IOS is not well optimized for large screens. I found android phones of similar sizes much easier to use one handed because of how android works.

12. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Loved it. I actually switched from 6S to 6S plus. The larger screen made a big difference in web browsing. I really enjoyed the experience using the iPhone for navigation during summer vacation in Asia.

Yes, the plus iPhone is less pocketable, but it is worth the benefits. I am used to taking the phone out of my pocket when sitting down.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Agreed. I had the SE previously, it was an awesome iPhone. But the Plus variant is where it's at. And Apple is definitely making it clear where they are investing the more premium features.

14. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

You say that but someone in another thread was just arguing that the iPhone SE was too thick for their pockets. :rolleyes:

15. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Same here.

16. mackie8 macrumors 6502

I switch from iphone 7 to 7 plus..
    I love it. Its not for one hand use.
    If apple would come up to 5inch version i think thats the most ideal size... i love the size of my s7 non edge... but i hate it when it lags on typing so i choose iphone 7 plus to be my daily driver... its more easier to use when i dont have a case on it..

17. dctkline thread starter macrumors newbie

What color of the 7 did you have and what color 7 plus did you get?

18. mackie8 macrumors 6502

19. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Once you opt for larger screen you can't go back:mad:(that's what i have learned):D

20. dctkline thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have the gold now but I'm definitely digging the black iPhone
    --- Post Merged, Nov 26, 2016 ---
    I went to Verizon to play with the plus today and after playing with it I went back to my 7 and I was like wow this thing is tiny haha

21. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

Coming from a 5/5s size, the 7+ is definitely awesome! No regrets.

22. Relentless Power, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

This seems confusing, as you stated in a previous thread you purchased the 4.7 Matte Black and never could go back to the Plus model due to the size. You quoted "Not thinking about going back to plus model."So which is it?

Here is the link to your previous post you quoted the Plus model was to big for you.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/im-torn-7-vs-7-plus.2012992/page-2#post-23875000

23. nateofmelb macrumors regular

nateofmelb

It's funny how people who haven't used a 5+ inch phone and think it will be too big. I can't even imagine going back to a phone under 5 inches. I have the 7 Plus and it's a dream. Love it, love it, love it!

24. blaine07 macrumors 68000

I miss my regular 6 from time to time, mainly being able to use one hand, but once you get used to real estate of a plus model there is no going back. Doesn't help that the older I get the worse my vision gets. Perhaps in next few years they'll release a 6-7" model

25. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Good strategy carry on :confused::D:DI use my both phones(iPhone 6s plus &iPhone 7) for different purposes both are my main phones