Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jodeykstarks

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2021
The 1000 credit works as a monthly credit. The do this to prevent people from ditching after the discount. You’ll get somewhere around 200 to 400 as an initial credit depending on what phone you traded and the rest in monthly credit.

Keep in mind you won’t get any credits until they have your phone. Right now you’re only paying a down payment, tax and 35 scamtivation fee.

If you did it right, you should have something similar to my screenshot in one of your emails.

May I see the screen shot so that I can confirm?

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Still waiting for my sister's Natural Titanum Pro and my Blue Titanium Pro Max on the phone (we have JOD lines) but I was able to get my other sister's Blue iPhone 15 ordered very easily online!

Reactions: haileyscomet

OceanMindedBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
May I see the screen shot so that I can confirm?

IMG_7688.jpeg

NickyValentine

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 7, 2023
Was able to get in immediately through the apple app. Order processing and already received my user agreement text via tmobile

15 PM natural 256 (9/22)
Taupe woven case (9/20)

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Tried to order through Apple, had multiple issues from them trying to charge me in full for a carrier financed phone to saying I couldn't check out because they required me to choose a payment card but the actual payment would be on carrier financing.

Switched to T-Mobile, app was a total bust. Tried on the website using my phone, got all the way to the last page of checkout, and the buy button was grayed out.

Finally got it to work on my desktop browser, 256gb white pro max. I realize these pre-orders put a huge strain on these systems, but there needs to be a better way. I spent an hour on a purchase that should have taken 10 minutes tops.

EbelsC

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
Is there a next day air shipping option? I ordered over the phone (I have to for some reason) and she seemed unable to select it?
Now I’m worried I’ll get my phones late :(

shook187

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
I was able to place the order without any issue, I was also able to cancel that order through customer service which had zero to no wait times.

I got my order through apple.com also without a problem... I avoid the $35 upgrade fee and I get 3% instant cash back while financing at 0% with my Apple card

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
Was able to snag two upgrades on T-Mobile for White / Titanium 512 GB Pro Max through the T-Mobile iOS application with my upgrade credit from a iPhone 13 Mini and 12 Pro, used my 13 Mini to place the order.

I thought my pre order through the Apple Store app didn't go through and crashed, but it ended up going through, so now I need to cancel that one.

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Nightmare order. Again. LOL. They are the worst sometimes. LOL. I’m an old school JUMP customer. For years I’ve been told that I cannot upgrade online because of my account type. This morning I found out THAT is a lie and I could’ve ordered online. 😐 But this morning I didn’t know that. I called at like 4:50 and got right through. Went downhill from there though. First I was told that my device wasn’t eligible for the upgrade (it absolutely was), then I was told the “upgrade tools” went down and that was *another* hold up. Then after waiting a good 10-15 minutes for that to resolve, we had to begin the process again, with me answering questions I’d already answered. SMH. Finally get the order placed and she tells me that my phone won’t be delivered until the 27th bc they no longer have overnight shipping and “the weekends don’t count.” She’s saying Apple told them that they will not have any air shipments for IPhone 15 and that is delaying deliveries. Was anyone else told this? I feel like they don’t know why they’re talking about. LOL

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Is there a next day air shipping option? I ordered over the phone (I have to for some reason) and she seemed unable to select it?

In my experience if they say it's shipping on a date for a pre-order, it will arrive on that date. That has been the case for every iPhone since the 12 for me. (11 Pro Max was marked next day air, and I upgraded to the Xs Max in February from an iPhone X)

2-3 day shipping is the free tier available, but Apple automatically waives that for new product launches.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I ordered a phone "for any carrier" (or whatever it said) that I will add to T-mobile when it arrives. Does anyone know exactly how that process works? I plan on picking up the phone from the Apple Store.

EbelsC

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
Nightmare order. Again. LOL. They are the worst sometimes. LOL. I’m an old school JUMP customer. For years I’ve been told that I cannot upgrade online because of my account type. This morning I found out THAT is a lie and I could’ve ordered online. 😐 But this morning I didn’t know that. I called at like 4:50 and got right through. Went downhill from there though. First I was told that my device wasn’t eligible for the upgrade (it absolutely was), then I was told the “upgrade tools” went down and that was *another* hold up. Then after waiting a good 10-15 minutes for that to resolve, we had to begin the process again, with me answering questions I’d already answered. SMH. Finally get the order placed and she tells me that my phone won’t be delivered until the 27th bc they no longer have overnight shipping and “the weekends don’t count.” She’s saying Apple told them that they will not have any air shipments for IPhone 15 and that is delaying deliveries. Was anyone else told this? I feel like they don’t know why they’re talking about. LOL
Oh so you got the shipping bs also! I think that call center was off. I had to explain to them the jump program also!

I guess we will get our phones late because of their poor training. They have to select next day shipping and it costs extra. At least that’s what it has been the last two years before this.

Reactions: AppleChic76

usbwire

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2021
I ordered a phone "for any carrier" (or whatever it said) that I will add to T-mobile when it arrives. Does anyone know exactly how that process works? I plan on picking up the phone from the Apple Store.
when you turn it on and if you do a transfer from an old/near iphone, it will carrier over your sim data. if you don't have that/not a previous iphone, you just set up the carrier on your phone or call tmobile, I believe. I wouldn't worry about it until launch day when you unbox it

EbelsC

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
In my experience if they say it's shipping on a date for a pre-order, it will arrive on that date. That has been the case for every iPhone since the 12 for me. (11 Pro Max was marked next day air, and I upgraded to the Xs Max in February from an iPhone X)

2-3 day shipping is the free tier available, but Apple automatically waives that for new product launches.
I hope you are right. They used to auto upgrade all preorders to next day. It would arrive on the launch date as you said. But then they stopped one year and started charging. And they didn’t say anything so I got burned. I guess we will see what fate has in store for us this year

Reactions: AppleChic76

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Oh so you got the shipping bs also! I think that call center was off. I had to explain to them the jump program also!

I guess we will get our phones late because of their poor training. They have to select next day shipping and it costs extra. At least that’s what it has been the last two years before this.
It’s so dumb because I get my phone on launch day EVERY year. Without fail.

Reactions: EbelsC

allprologues

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2023
Trying to order through t mobile and it's not giving me the option to use a downpayment
I ended up calling them, took 45 minutes but by switching over to go5G and trading in a base iphone 12, I ended up with a slightly lower payment than I currently have and a $200 PM white? ok

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA

Yes there is. I placed 2 orders online today, one was free 2 day and the other I paid 14 dollars for express shipping.

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I hope you are right. They used to auto upgrade all preorders to next day. It would arrive on the launch date as you said. But then they stopped one year and started charging. And they didn’t say anything so I got burned. I guess we will see what fate has in store for us this year

Check your app. If it looks like this, you should be good to go. I have never had to pay for expedited shipping and have always gotten my phones at launch.
119c44da1de07394573543539ee0de9f.png

EbelsC

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
Yes there is. I placed 2 orders online today, one was free 2 day and the other I paid 14 dollars for express shipping.
God damn it! Alright well at least I know to expect it late then.
And I know they won’t let you change shipping speed after the fact :((((

PixelsMaster

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Sounds like I was one of the unlucky few with trouble. Took almost an hour to finalize an order. Signed 2 EIPs for the same line in the process. Will deal with that later! Not going to burden the reps with something silly when I know they’re slammed.

Friscochris

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
Pro Tip - if you're still on an older plan (i.e. TMo One) and you have a 12PM .. you get a bigger trade in value from Apple than you do Tmobile. $450 on Apple, $350 with TMo. If you have less than a 12PM it's better to trade in with TMo. Regular 12 is $350 on TMo and $250 on Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.