Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Friscochris

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
I have 7 lines that includes 3 free lines and 25% off for life haha. My bill is $118 think it’s $7 more because of Netflix and paramount plus

When I talk to them they are like never get rid of your plan!

Any way going to Costco tomorrow to see what the t-mobile stand is offering usually way better than a actual t-mobile store.

From Apple I can get $480 for my 13 pro which isn’t bad. Thinking of going the 15 route for $220. Then upgrading to the 16 next year. I have a ton of lines I need to make sure have newish phones.
I am in a similar situation, except mine is 20% for life and I have two free lines. I get told similar... "Stay Golden, Ponyboy."

Reactions: crzdcolombian

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
More stupid:

Attachments

• IMG_1455.png
    IMG_1455.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Haha
Reactions: briankeith513

EbelsC

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
More stupid:
I got burned by this a few years ago. The person at the call center has to select and charge you for next day air shipping. If they don’t do that during the order process then you are screwed because they can’t change it after the fact.

Even though I told her repeatedly multiple times I need the next day air shipping and she confirmed. It still ended up with two day.
(I think she just put it in the notes)
If they miss the step they have to create the order again. It’s so dumb.

So I am in the same boat.

Reactions: AppleChic76

allprologues

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2023
My phone will ship between 10/4 and 10/10 but I feel better having done it over the phone because that **** was so confusing with all the plans and promotions and I wanted to confirm with them exactly what my payment was going to be. I'll probably keep this thing for 2-3 years so I don't mind waiting another two weeks.

Reactions: haileyscomet

bo9877

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Please tell me if this is happening to anyone else. I switched to Go5GNext from Magenta Max where I have an iPhone 14 Pro that's 50% paid off. I go through the preorder process and their system tells me I have to pay off the balanve on the iPhone 14 Pro, even though the whole benefit of 5GNext is that you only have to pay 50%. Reps were unable to solve in the moment, supposed to be contacted back in a couple of hours.

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Tried to order through Apple, had multiple issues from them trying to charge me in full for a carrier financed phone to saying I couldn't check out because they required me to choose a payment card but the actual payment would be on carrier financing.

Switched to T-Mobile, app was a total bust. Tried on the website using my phone, got all the way to the last page of checkout, and the buy button was grayed out.

Finally got it to work on my desktop browser, 256gb white pro max. I realize these pre-orders put a huge strain on these systems, but there needs to be a better way. I spent an hour on a purchase that should have taken 10 minutes tops.
See if maybe you can try it through iMessage next time! I discovered it last year and did it again this year, too. I started the chat 10 min prior to 5am and by 5:15am my order was completed. The T-Mobile app and Apple Store app always wig out on me, so I understand your frustration. Glad you got it, though!

• Wow
Reactions: Supermallet

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I would take all of what the reps are saying about shipping with a grain of salt.

I have done this 3 different times and been given 2-3 day shipping but still received phones on launch day.

The last thing Apple wants is bad publicity around their phones so they very likely have an agreement with T-Mobile to get as many of these things out by the 22nd as physically possible.

Until you don't see tracking information by Wednesday or so, I wouldn't sweat it.

ohaishawnn

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Austin, Texas
Slept through my alarm lol. Got my JOD order through via phone and signed EIP 6:30am PT. Still have 9/22 delivery estimate for 15 Pro Max 256GB Natural Titanium.

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
I would take all of what the reps are saying about shipping with a grain of salt.

I have done this 3 different times and been given 2-3 day shipping but still received phones on launch day.

The last thing Apple wants is bad publicity around their phones so they very likely have an agreement with T-Mobile to get as many of these things out by the 22nd as physically possible.

Until you don't see tracking information by Wednesday or so, I wouldn't sweat it.
I agree with this. I always get a launch day phone. It’s just irritating that every year it’s…this. LOL

Reactions: EbelsC

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016

Same. This was the case for me last year; got my 14 Pro on launch day even though the ship day was launch day.

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

To further assist in this theory, my order from last year.

Note the 2-3 day shipping window.

I received this 14 Pro Max on the 16th as quoted.
dfda7d5aee87702e15ea024152a7f608.jpg

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
T-Mobile says there's a restriction on my account preventing me from making a purchase anywhere except through T-Mobile. Every time I try to order through Apple it's getting stopped at the connect to carrier page. And now T-Mobile says it will take 24 hours to lift this restriction. Pre-orders for the 15 Pro Max are now sold out in all stores near me and the ship date says November. 😭

Last edited:

EbelsC

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2018
T-Mobile says there's a restriction on my account preventing me from making a purchase anywhere except through T-Mobile. Every time I try to order through Apple it's getting stopped at the connect to carrier page. And now T-Mobile says it will take 24 hours to lift this restriction. Pre-orders for the 15 Pro Max are now sold out in all stores enar me and the ship date says November. 😭
Why not order thru t-mobile? I believe they still have stock

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
My phone will ship between 10/4 and 10/10 but I feel better having done it over the phone because that **** was so confusing with all the plans and promotions and I wanted to confirm with them exactly what my payment was going to be. I'll probably keep this thing for 2-3 years so I don't mind waiting another two weeks.
just out of curiousity, which phone, color, and model said it would now be shipping in October? All of the ones I see on tmobile's site, still says 9/22 at this moment

Zippy3505

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2015
Indiana
I have pre-ordered on tmo for multiple years. I had everything set up to order thru Apple for 2 phones this year. Then, Apple store sucked. Went to tmo app & scheduled to have launch day on both phones. Both Pro, both natural titanium, one Max. Good job, for once, tmo!!

Gxray

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009
Please tell me if this is happening to anyone else. I switched to Go5GNext from Magenta Max where I have an iPhone 14 Pro that's 50% paid off. I go through the preorder process and their system tells me I have to pay off the balanve on the iPhone 14 Pro, even though the whole benefit of 5GNext is that you only have to pay 50%. Reps were unable to solve in the moment, supposed to be contacted back in a couple of hours.
I had read somewhere (not sure if here or Reddit) that phones on plans prior to going to Go5g Next do not count towards the "Next" feature. So you'd have to pay that phone off, then the first phone you get on your Go5g Next plan is eligible to be traded in the year after (once it's 50% paid off).

Reactions: JamesMcFlyJR

TeeWrecks

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Bronx, NY
[T-mobile customer that did pre-order through apple]

the apple process was pretty easy, the only hiccup I had was when I was running a mock pre-order I needed to be on the new Go5g plan.

I called t-mobile to get some information about the two new plans and boy oh boy LMAO. the rep was so lost, when comparing the two new ones against each other he just kept telling me what was the same, so I asked if he can tell me the main difference..."well its a $10 price difference" ok understood but what else? why would people choose the one thats $10 more lol. He tells me all the information is online as well (idk if its been updated, but as of yesterday if you went to compare plans it still showed "call for assistance" when you clicked on the Go5g plans. I know there's a lot of internal changes happening at T-mobile but I feel like we are starting to feel the drop in quality and leadership.

has anyone considered switching carriers and if so where? I currently only have a phone and watch on my line so im not married to tmobile.

anyways managed to get my 15 Pro max in natural titanium, going back up to the pro max after spending a year with the pro, the bigger phone works better with my hands I was struggling with the typing experience on the pro.

Reactions: cashville2400

bo9877

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
I had read somewhere (not sure if here or Reddit) that phones on plans prior to going to Go5g Next do not count towards the "Next" feature. So you'd have to pay that phone off, then the first phone you get on your Go5g Next plan is eligible to be traded in the year after (once it's 50% paid off).
I hope that's not the case, as I spoke to multiple reps before today verifying that we could switch plans and be eligible.

TeeWrecks

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Bronx, NY
until they create a new plan next year that requires you to switch over to it lol

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.