T-Mobile Jump on Deman Preorders Explained

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DavidLynch, Sep 10, 2015.

1. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

tl;dr version: JOD can preorder at 12:01PT by calling T-Mobile at 1-800-937-8997. You can't preorder online. Priority goes to JOD and Jump. You need to return your old phone to an actual T-Mobile store once you receive, you can't ship it.

Q: How can I get iPhone 6s / 6s Plus with JUMP! On Demand starting Sept. 12?

• Customers can call us at 1-800-937-8997 or visit their local participating T-Mobile store to get phones with JUMP! On Demand.
    • Upon calling T-Mobile to place their JUMP! On Demand order, they’ll receive an email requiring an eSignature within 48 hours to hold their place in line.
    • If you already have a phone with JUMP! On Demand, once you receive your new phone, just be sure to come to a T-Mobile store to turn in your previous phone. Otherwise, you’ll have two phone payments until you return the previous phone. JUMP! On Demand returns can only be done in a T-Mobile store.
    Q: Do JUMP! and JUMP! On Demand customers get priority access?
    • Yep! T-Mobile’s JUMP! and JUMP! On Demand customers get priority access to iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.
    • When they pre-order in the first 48 hrs (starting 12:01 am PT on September 12), their orders will be the first to ship on September 25th or when we have inventory.
    Q: Why do they get priority access?
    • We always put existing customers first. Since our JUMP! and JUMP! On Demand customers are part of these programs to get the latest technology, we are giving them a special offer to celebrate the launch of JUMP! On Demand.
    • All other orders are prioritized in the order they’re received, including orders from JUMP! and JUMP! On Demand customers that are placed after 12:01 am PT September 14, and we’ll be working hard to turn around customer orders as quickly as possible starting on September 25th.
    Q: Why can’t I get a phone with JUMP! On Demand on T-Mobile.com?
    • JUMP! On Demand is currently only available in stores and on the phone. We’ll bring it online soon, but it is not quite ready and we want you to have the best possible experience getting your new phone.
    • We can help customers place their JUMP! On Demand orders – at 1-800-937-8997 starting at 12:01 am PT on September 12 or in a T-Mobile retail store.
    Q: I am a JUMP! customer who wants to move to JUMP! On Demand, how do I do that?
    • You can move from JUMP! to JUMP! On Demand when you’ve paid off your current phone, and any trade-in value can help cover any outstanding payments – or help reduce future payments.
    • You can also call 1-800-937-8997 or visit a local store to place a preorder.
    Q: I’m a JUMP! On Demand customer – how do I get iPhone 6s / 6s Plus? How much will it cost to upgrade?
    • Upgrading on JUMP! On Demand costs nothing upfront!
    • Customers can bring their current device into a local T-Mobile store for a three-point check-up to ensure it’s in good condition and then swap it out for one a new iPhone with no upgrade fees or taxes upfront. And yes, that includes the introductory pricing ($20 a month for iPhone 6s and $24 a month for iPhone 6s Plus – each with 16 GB) while it’s available. Higher memory iPhones may require additional money down.
    Q: Do I have to go into my local T-Mobile store to trade-in my current device and upgrade with JUMP! On Demand?
    • All customers need to bring their current device into their local T-Mobile store for a three-point check-up and to trade-in. This is different than how it worked with JUMP!
    • Because this is only the second flagship phone we’ve launched since introducing JUMP! On Demand, we’re still perfecting the systems to support mail-in trade-ins at this time.
    Source: http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/t...g-your-phone-with-jump-and-jump-on-demand.htm

2. mustang52 macrumors member

3. DavidLynch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seems to be the case, but I don't think it explicitly says so. Have they in the past?

4. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Warning about T-Mobile, their online ordering sucks big time. They have screwed up every single iPhone launch.

5. DavidLynch thread starter macrumors 6502a

I imagine getting through on the phone lines at 3AM is going to be an adventure too.

6. mustang52 macrumors member

How about calling to preorder, how is that experience?

7. noobinator macrumors 601

It's 2015 and I have to CALL to order? I expect some fun wait times.

8. DavidLynch thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know I can usually get a TMobile rep in seconds when I call in. This is one of the things I like about them. I'm sure it'll be a very different situation tomorrow night though.

9. DavidLynch thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can wait to got to a store the next morning too, but I'm sure that's risking not getting one on the 25th.

10. aka777 macrumors 6502a

That’s quite good actually.

11. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

12. allprologue macrumors regular

I was actually wondering if calling to preorder was possible because the online was such a hassle last year (I did end up getting my 6 on time, but the website crashes were beyond frustrating and I only got it because I didn't give up).

Even though I just have regular JUMP, i'll probably end up doing it this way. I wonder if I should call slightly before 3am or right at 3am, although I would hope any call in that two day period would be good to go.

I also hope I can just turn my phone in at the store, because shipping it back was a nightmare too.

13. unobtainium macrumors 68000

I'm currently an AT&T customer (contract-free), but I want to switch to T-Mobile Jump On Demand with the iPhone 6S Plus.

Sounds like I'll have to actually visit a store to do this. Which means I won't get one on Sept. 25th, since there will be a gazillion preorders ahead of me.

14. promet2009 macrumors 6502a

I have been told *via phone rep at the above number* that they do NOT open until 6am Eastern....He also told me they have 2 different inventory channels...1 for the phone orders and 1 for the store. I am not sure I believe that. Either way, do I want to wait until 9am to pre-order? I would like to get mine on the 25th, so I don't know if waiting until the store option is good. But again, he said you won't loose any ground because the stores have a different inventory. So we shall see, what yall think?

15. DavidLynch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, you probably won't get one on the 25th. You might be able to switch to JOD today or tomorrow with an iPhone 6 and then immediately upgrade it when preorders go live to get the priority placement.

16. unobtainium macrumors 68000

Thanks. I could try this, but something tells me it won't work. I may just purchase directly from Apple unlocked and switch to Jump on Demand later.

17. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

can someone tell me how much will it cost me to have a 6s plus 64GB on JOD. this includes the monthly payment plus data plan? Thanks

18. DavidLynch, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

DavidLynch thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's $99.99 down and then $23 per month. The data plan is going to depend on how much data you want. I think they start at $50. Unlimited is $80.

19. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

what does the third column With service mean?

20. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

can i use prepaid plan with this??

21. DavidLynch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Whoops, that's the price you want to go by if you're on JoD, I fixed my previous reply. JOD can't be used with prepaid, unless they've changed it very recently.

22. allprologue macrumors regular

Is regular jump the same pricing/amount down? For the last column I mean, I know it won't have promo pricing.

23. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

okay. thanks alot.