Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kagio

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
That's very interesting - with my 14" with 12.5 it's still very much a problem, and possibly worse than it was with 12.4. Baffling.
definitely fixed for me .. tried everything to make it NOT work, and it works as any Mac I've used in the last 15 years now .. I don't know if my exact model (MBP 14inch base model + upgrade to 1TB) has to do with anything,

but I'm 100% it works perfectly now ..

Reactions: joedec

hohohonkey

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2021
definitely fixed for me .. tried everything to make it NOT work, and it works as any Mac I've used in the last 15 years now .. I don't know if my exact model (MBP 14inch base model + upgrade to 1TB) has to do with anything,

but I'm 100% it works perfectly now ..
Hopefully the ghost of Steve Jobs blesses my macbook like that soon 🤞

Reactions: Kagio

dimitri830

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2022
After using my replaced MBP 14inch for a couple of months now, it works ok now, the problem just faded away. I mentioned 80percent of the touchpad worked ok, now it's 90 percent, don't know why. Good luck to everyone.

raylo32

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2018
Tap to click works perfect on my new MBA M2. Hops this problem doesn't come around to these machines. But, BTW, I can't believe that MacBooks come with TTC default off. I almost needed to call the help line to set up my MBA M2 when it came. Almost.

nmt1900

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
Well... "tap-to-click" defaulting to disabled seems to be one of these "legacy-of-simplification" things like Magic Mouse being configured as single button mouse by default.

chama98

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2014
London
Holy ****... 🤦‍♂️ You're right, the issue is back.
I know this may sound strange. Would the issue clear if you plugged your trackpad into the USB port and then shut down and perform a SMC reset? I did that with my iMac and it cleared.

hohohonkey

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2021
Reporting form Ventura public beta 4 on a 14' pro: cmd+tap to click still fails often enough (the usual needing to tap 3 times), but is possibly working more often than before?
What IS better though is pinch to zoom, which feels far more reliable and responsive than before. Tap to click also seems to feel more responsive (and continues to work well when not paired with a key press)

Last edited:

RedFlag

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2017
Encountering this problem on my very new 14" M1 Pro running macOS 12.6. I thought it was the app I was using at first (it seems especially bad on MindKit), then I noticed it happening almost constantly on any browser, too, when I'd Command + Tap to open links in new tab.

Before switching to this Mac, I had been using my old mid 2012 13" Macbook Pro with Big Sur (thanks to OpenCore) and I never had any problem whatsoever with the trackpad. *sigh*

Very frustrating for a machine of this price...

Reactions: AlumaMac

atunnacl

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2022
I edit a lot of Word documents on my 16" M1 MacBook Pro and the problems with tap-to-click have been driving me crazy. So it was good to find this thread (ie. I'm not the only one with the problem), if depressing that Apple haven't fixed it.

Another issue: I can see an impression on my trackpad of the circuitry below. Does anyone else see this?

racostaf

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2015
Colombia
Has anyone installed the latest betas to see is this issue is fixed?

Update:

Captura de Pantalla 2022-10-18 a la(s) 10.08.04 a.m..png

Last edited:

joptimus

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2016
Still broken on the latest beta of Ventura. Don't hold your breath - this will never get fixed. I've given up.

• Sad
Reactions: racostaf
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.