Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
Since the apple store is closer than any target to me in DC and I didn't preorder my IPads it looks like I'll be stuck with no gift cards or free smart covers.

nbukrey

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
FYI, ordered this morning from Target.com and got a 4th Gen iPad 32GB white with the $40 gift card and 5% off using my target red card. Sounds like a good deal to me!

ultravioletfly

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Hm . . . all the targets around here have the Black 16GB 4th gen instock. Might call up Apple for a price match on the one I ordered (arriving today). *crosses fingers . . .

Cozmo85

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2007
Called apple store, they knew the target deal wasn't for the mini, tried 2 bestbuys. both knew.

billyripkin

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007
Chicago
I bought a 64GB iPad mini this morning from my local Target. They did not give me the $40 gift card so I went back and complained. After some confusion on the sale they gave me $40 cash back instead! Also anyone that needs a case. They are selling Speck FitFolio cases for the iPad mini in black only for $1!! They priced them wrong in my store and are honoring the wrong price. Great deal if you can get one.

manicwinter

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2011
Got 2 4th Generation iPads at Target this morning and got 2 gift cards. Called Apple first and they wouldn't do anything to match it so I'll be returning the ones I ordered to Apple.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
The Target store in Florida where I lived clearly had signs the $40 gift card does not apply to the mini.

They are giving $40 off for the new ipad 4. I picked up a 64GB iPad 4. With my Target Card 5% off. It was $704 out the door price including taxes.

Than also got my $40 gift card which is like cash anyways since we shop at target all the time.

So my "net cost" including taxes and gift ards was $664 out the door for 64GB ipad 4 wifi.

Not bad.

Kashsystems

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2012
I went by target and they told me that none of them were carrying the ipad mini.

But I bought mine from Walmart today.

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
FYI, ordered this morning from Target.com and got a 4th Gen iPad 32GB white with the $40 gift card and 5% off using my target red card. Sounds like a good deal to me!

I second this, this also happened to be the exact model I wanted! I did have the annoying experience of going to my local store only to be told there was no ipad 4 by two employees, they seem to only be aware of the mini's existence so watch out for that y'all.

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
I've called 3 best buys around here and they will not match on the fourth generation ipad with the gift card rebates. Bummer. By the way this is in Rochester NY.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.