Taylor Swift Dances Like No One's Watching in Newest Apple Music Ad

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
www.macrumors.com

Taylor Swift this morning tweeted out a new ad for Apple Music, this time showcasing a playlist called "Friday Night Rocks!" recommended to the singer within the For You tab of the music streaming service.

The new commercial plays out in a way similar to Swift's previous ad, which saw her lip syncing to Jimmy Eat World as she prepared for a night out. This time, however, she dances around her living room alone to the tune of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love."

Dance like no one's watching @AppleMusic @thedarknesshttps://t.co/QfX9l0EXX7 - Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) May 12, 2016
After the last ad, Apple Music head of content Larry Jackson confirmed that the company had created a series of commercials with Swift, and would continue a steady rollout of them, akin to the release of singles on a record.

Previous Coverage: Apple Music is 'Distractingly Good' for Taylor Swift in New Ad

Article Link: Taylor Swift Dances Like No One's Watching in Newest Apple Music Ad

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
I love these ads! It's clever on Apple's part because it brings in interest and subscribers to Apple Music.

Reactions: acidblue

morcutt11

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2015
USA
I've liked the majority of the ads, but this one just didn't do anything for me. It lacked the humor (or even purpose?) found in the other ads. The song from The Darkness was great (loved it when it came out years ago) but I'm not a Taylor Swift fan so maybe I couldn't connect with what Apple was trying to pull off here. I think that they could have done an add with broader appeal for less money.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Waiting for the ad where she's dancing around, trips into cookie batter, Cookie monster mistakes her for a giant, odd shaped, cookie.

Reactions: Photography

iZac

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2003
Shanghai
www.bobgoulden.com
.... no one is watching.

Also I find these celebrity endorsement ads a bit tacky.

Sure, we used to have Jeff Goldbulm narrate them, but it's not like they invented a fake scenario where he has to audition for the Lost World in 10 minutes and he has no idea how he's going to set up his iMac on the internet in that short window of time.

Last edited:

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
All hail the real CEO of Apple...

Edit - In all fairness, no matter how cringy this is, it's very tactical because she has such a huge following.

Edit 2 - I would love to dance like an idiot for a couple of minutes and earn millions.

Last edited: