Tell us a random fact about yourself.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hassel, Dec 31, 2018.

1. a2jack macrumors newbie

a2jack

--- Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019 ---
    Flyer's of old airplanes soon learn to sew. Most of us carry tape, needle and thread at all times. LOL

2. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

I have pillows on my bed, but I sleep with my head next to them instead of on them.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

You fly old planes? As in, biplanes?

Ooooh.

A random fact is that I would love to fly in (rather, be flown in) one of those machines some day. As a child, the history of flight fascinated me, as did the history of exploration.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

My Great Grandad was a pilot of old biplanes. I can recall boxes of B&W photos showing his various machines he had over the years.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, it has been a dream of mine for years to take a trip in one.

6. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

I'm a male but I chose the title "macrumors demi-goddess" as a personal preference

7. a2jack macrumors newbie

a2jack

SS: Friends owned biplanes, I could never afford to keep one.

One day you will get your ride, and it will be even better than you can imagine.

8. jasoncordelle macrumors regular

jasoncordelle

Ha ha...no...they are just weird and long and prehensile, so I can almost use them like stubby fingers

9. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I’m very particular about my writing instruments. Nothing is worse than a crappy ballpoint pen IMO.

Do you turn your own pens from wood on a lathe? I’ve always seen those kits in woodworking catalogues and thought it would be cool to give it a try. My dad is big into woodworking. He has about 2000-2500 sq ft of woodshop in his basement that’s absolutely ridiculous considering the amount of time he actually spends on his hobby. I imagine his lathe is too big for turning something as small as a pen blank. I would be something cool to explore in the future.

11. Mars56 Suspended

I have a stupid british german accent that makes everyone think I'm from south africa or australia or new zealand. Also that accent morphs depending on my mood, alcohol level and other stuff. Not that I really do any other stuff.

12. Tech198 macrumors G5

I had a crush on my school teacher .... ya we even held hands...... but i was still in year 8 .... she was same height so i was like being Mr.. popular.

13. Zenithal macrumors 603

As I've said in the past, I like what your father has done. Reminds me of myself in some ways. I see most medical professionals sporting Pilot pens, at least their upper value ones. I usually warn people against the Frixion line. It causes way too many problems for what it attempts to solve.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

The Pilot G2 is my go-to daily-driver expendable pen. The only problem is if I’m working in the pharmacy and have to write on Rx paper, the gel ink doesn’t adhere well to the glossy adhesive paper. In that case my go to ballpoint pen is the Zebra F-701. They’re built like surgical instruments.

Ballpoint ink for day to day paperwork annoys me because it’s relatively hard to read compared to gel ink. If you’re reading a lot of handwritten things (especially other people’s writing) gel ink is far easier. It also tends to scan a little better if you’re looking at scanned or faxed documents.

15. Zenithal macrumors 603

Zebra? Really? My experience with them is limited and ancient at this point. I should take a look at their product lineup again. There's a lot of fine mechanical pencils for non-critical paperwork I really like because of their all metal body construction.

Agree with the gel ink. It's easier to read and it does scan better. Plus, you can sometimes get a bunch of 25-100 for cheap. Rollerballs were the rage decades ago, but they were never very good unless you wrote fast and with precision. They bleed too much if you're slow.

16. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava

Well.....I'm thinking you should be banned.

For your sig - please go to Android central. /s

;):p

17. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Random fact?

I knit.

Socks, jerseys, scarves… (well we all start with scarves!)

This is me over Christmas…
    :)
    Knitting - 1.jpg Knitting - 1 (1).jpg

18. Kanyay Suspended

Kanyay

random fact about me.... hmm.

ive run out of good ideas for music to make and im becoming a washed up artist. does that count?

19. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

How cool is that?

Thanks for sharing.

20. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Well yes but that could change in a heartbeat the way artistic blocks can suddenly do, so as random facts go, it's probably on the ephemeral side.

Bring us your next random fact, it doesn't have to be that you just won a Grammy... could be that you just found your next key to a piece of music while thinking about wandering out to the kitchen and brewing another coffee.

21. Kanyay Suspended

Kanyay

aight cool. im pretty new here since kim limited my computer use. she said i was on the internet too much and not making enough music. but im sneaking this right now. i guess that's a pretty cool random fact. kanyay west is sneaking internet time! maybe ill make a quick beat and play it for macrumors since yall are cool. ive won 21 grammys as it stands but looking for more.

22. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Random fact about me: My first memory was getting cleaned after birth. Many say that can't be possible, but I first told my mom about it when I was 2-3, and described the colour of the 'scrubs' that were being worn at the time and the colour of the room.

Been there! My friend lives near Persborg station which is an easy bike ride to that store. :D

23. Matz Contributor

Matz

Ok, another random fact.
    A few years back I found myself writing poetry, and wound up writing 110 of them over a period of several years.

I find it odd that that happened, as I have long harbored the desire to write a novel, but could never get started.

But poetry? I don’t even like to read poetry. I am a prose guy, and can count on one hand the number of poems I’ve read in my entire life that I can say I enjoyed.

But once I started writing, it was like the tap had been opened. More like a vein. A few of them are even worth reading, according to some comments I’ve received.

I’m a little embarrassed to even admit such a thing. But it did change how I view writing, both as author and reader.

24. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I look forward to that.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2019 ---
    Great post.

Poetry encourages discipline and thought in writing; the format requires respect, and close attention to form, rhyme, and tone - (as well as content), all very valuable skills to bring to any form of the written word.

25. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

I am so sorry to hear that my friend.
    -Tig