temp thread 3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raymond lin, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raymond lin macrumors regular

I don't get it, i have never pre-ordered, or queue up that early for a product. Every product that I wanted at launch i have always just walked in to get it when i wanted it.

From the Wii, iPhone, iPad (lunch time, waited 5 mins), i just don't get wasting hours in a queue.

p.s. I HATE queuing unless I have no choice. We spend far too much time queuing in our lives already.

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

It's really fun to meet people and such and talk about the iPhone and everything like that.

This year, I'm going to an AT&T store and then I'll head on over to my Apple Store to buy accessories.

3. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

Or you could just preorder and have it shipped to your house :rolleyes:

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

UPS and FedEX doesn't come til 4pm around here, so I'm going in person to a store.

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

We don't even know for sure that it will be available on Tuesday. Would suck to get there early and find out that they will release it on Wednesday or later. I'll go the day it is released (if it's Tuesday, then that is when I'll go) at lunch to pick it up. I have 4 Apple stores nearby so I'm sure one will have one available. :D

But if I have to wait a little bit, I wait.. I can be patient.

6. LoganT macrumors 68020

Pros: I guess you get to meet new people. And also get it the earliest.

Cons: You're waiting in line, that's a con in itself. I also suppose the chances of you getting mugged are increased.

I've never waited in line for the iPhone before, and I don't plan to start now. So that's coming from my perspective.

7. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if it's delivered by ups or Fed-ex. If it's fed-ex then I'll just wait. If it's by ups then I'll go to the store. Thy don't deliver until after 6:15pm over here :mad:

8. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I believe it's UPS, not sure.

9. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Hrm, if I had more time on my hands and some one to go with me to chat with, I might do it just for the experience (my roommate doesn't understand this at all... he is of the just get it when it's easy to get mentality and thinks people who line up are just doing it to be first. Maybe some are but to me it's more about experience).

Ok, my cons first:
    Getting no sleep, groggy next day (hope yuo don't have to work/go to school), all that time just sitting in line (this is why I'd do it if I had more time on my hands and some time wasted would not be a big deal).

Pros (not that I've waited for an iphone but it was kinda like waiting in line to get concert tickets when I was a kid):
    1. It's fun waiting in line for something you are excited for.

2. As people said, you get to chat with the people around you, it's a social experience.

3. It builds excitement up for what you are buying. Makes it more fun.

4. If you have friends to go with it's fun to get all excited together about what you are waiting for.

Anyways, it's not for everyone (my roommate thinks I'm crazy when I say I think it might be fun to camp out for the iphone just for the experience. I say I think it would be fun but with my time these days it's not worth taking my time to do. Plus I like sleep, heh. I think I'm just getting old honestly).

10. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I'll be there at midnight, lol.

11. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I think I might wait in line this time. I've gone through all the iPhones but never waited in line on release day. I think it will be fun :D

12. Orange™ macrumors 6502

Why not just pre-order it?

Although the iPad would be the ultimate all-nighter device, eh?

13. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Oh, the keynote is tomorrow? I am so used to the Tuesday special. :D Sweet, if all goes well, I might get my phone tomorrow (if they are in stores). :D

I sure hope they come out tomorrow.

14. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Very doubtful.

15. mashinhead macrumors 68020

This is the one thing that I'm not looking forward to. I'm sick of the stand in line culture of product launches. I hope they just say it is available and in stores the day of the annoucement.

16. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Highly doubt it will happen.

17. AMcBroom81 macrumors regular

AMcBroom81

Who has 2 thumbs and will be camping out?

< this guy :D

18. elephunkman macrumors 65816

4AM!!!

19. Babybuddha831 macrumors newbie

20. elephunkman macrumors 65816

What?!?! no...

21. macnerd77 macrumors regular

macnerd77

Waiting in line for the iPhone is about the experience. Hanging with fellow Apple fans. I love it and would not miss it for the world. I have camped for every iPhone and even the iPad. The farthest in line i have been is 8th. For the iPad (Non 3G) i was 2nd in line. If your any kinda of apple fan you have to try it; you will love it.

22. macnerd77 macrumors regular

macnerd77

DO IT!!!! lol. Seriously you should camp out. It's lots of fun.

23. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Last summer it would have been more fun but it rained allot and it was cold. Temp dropped down into the 40s, rare for June in Denver. This summer is allot hotter so far.

24. Babybuddha831 macrumors newbie

so no camping out tonight?
    where did the rumors about the iphone being available on the same day as the announcement came from?

im soo down to go camp out right now!
    me and a friend are planning on loading up a generator on my dad's pick up and play smash bros on the truck bed while we wait, gotta kill time man! people are more then welcome to join us! just bring your own controller, lol.

25. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Why would anyone campout when there has been no (official) announcement as to the date the new iphone will be available. Besides security would just kick you off the property anyway. Either that or the police would be called.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.