General TetherMe update for iOS 7 now in Cydia.

Kingkong13

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2013
I jailbroke my i5 on 7.0.4 (ATT). MyWi worked successfully, but tetherme doesn't show up in setting when installed. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. I already purchased tetherme from a previous jailbreak and don't want to pay for mywi...

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I jailbroke my i5 on 7.0.4 (ATT). MyWi worked successfully, but tetherme doesn't show up in setting when installed. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. I already purchased tetherme from a previous jailbreak and don't want to pay for mywi...

It's updated now to take care of this.

If you reboot the phone you will have to kill the settings app and reinstall mobile substrate to get tetherme back in the settings app.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Any step by step instruction?
based off of
If you reboot the phone you will have to kill the settings app and reinstall mobile substrate to get tetherme back in the settings app.
I would assume these are the instructions:

1. double click home button
2. swipe up on the settings window to close it
3. open cydia
4. click packages
5. look for mobilesubstrate and reinstall
6. respring
7. it should now be back in the settings app

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
based off of

I would assume these are the instructions:

1. double click home button

2. swipe up on the settings window to close it

3. open cydia

4. click packages

5. look for mobilesubstrate and reinstall

6. respring

7. it should now be back in the settings app

Exactly.

FuccDiss

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
Damn, really want to buy one but don't want it to get busted. I used mywi for the 3 day trial ok, but not sure how long it takes. I'm with t-mobile unlimited data.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Damn, really want to buy one but don't want it to get busted. I used mywi for the 3 day trial ok, but not sure how long it takes. I'm with t-mobile unlimited data.
i have used it on literally every phone and iOS version that it supported and I LOVE mywi on demand, and i also have unlimited att grandfather data plan, and have never been caught with mywi /knock on wood

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
i also have unlimited att grandfather data plan, and have never been caught with mywi
Do you think this is because you have been using mywi as opposed to TetherMe?

Kind of moot for me right now since I skipped an Apple upgrade for this upgrade cycle (If Apple releases a larger format cell phone, I plan to return). I do own mywi on the last version...and was a little miffed when the developers wanted an upgrade fee after having just paid an upgrade fee. So I have paid out a few times for mywi despite very nominal usage.

If and when I return to Apple for cell service with Sprint, I may want to invest in TetherMe instead if they treat their existing customers a little better.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
My wife is with t-mobile unlimited as well, and her iPhone 5 on TetherMe works perfect. Her hotspot usage on the T-Mobile app hasn't gone up at all, even though she's tethered about 1GB.

I'm on an Android device right now and thinking about going to back to Apple and getting the 5s (was waiting for jailbreak).

Is it working on 64-bit devices yet?

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Do you think this is because you have been using mywi as opposed to TetherMe?

Kind of moot for me right now since I skipped an Apple upgrade for this upgrade cycle (If Apple releases a larger format cell phone, I plan to return). I do own mywi on the last version...and was a little miffed when the developers wanted an upgrade fee after having just paid an upgrade fee. So I have paid out a few times for mywi despite very nominal usage.

If and when I return to Apple for cell service with Sprint, I may want to invest in TetherMe instead if they treat their existing customers a little better.
while i agree with the cruddy upgrade fee with mywi i completely think it is worth it and i even paid for the demand feature (i believe) and will pay to upgrade again. there is a reason i stopped using tether me (i did get a message about tethering using that) and just stuck with mywi.

bottom line for me is i would rather pay 20$ every iOS X.0 then lose my unlimited data. but on the flip, i don't abuse it, i use it for school and light surfing on the macbook air.

I personally have never heard of mywi getting popped but tetherme and a couple others have gotten people in some trouble from what i have heard.

oh and the newest mywi is AWESOME at battery usage!

**these are all my experiences and research/reading, i am at the inlaws house and left my flame suit at home but please don't hesitate if you would like me to elaborate on anything**

FuccDiss

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
My wife is with t-mobile unlimited as well, and her iPhone 5 on TetherMe works perfect. Her hotspot usage on the T-Mobile app hasn't gone up at all, even though she's tethered about 1GB.

I'm on an Android device right now and thinking about going to back to Apple and getting the 5s (was waiting for jailbreak).

Is it working on 64-bit devices yet?

Not, it's not working on 64-bit devices yet, mobile substrate need to be updated it to work with 64-bit devices, only a few tweaks work with ios 7 ATM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.