Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Steve Jobs, October 10th 2010:
"We’ve now passed RIM. And I don’t see them catching up with us in the foreseeable future. They must move beyond their area of strength and comfort, into the unfamiliar territory of trying to become a software platform company. I think it’s going to be a challenge for them to create a competitive platform and to convince developers to create apps for yet a third software platform after iOS and Android.”

mrr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Meh. I am holding out for the 6G Palm Treo.
440BD24C-DAEA-4CAD-99CA-2D1014DE801D.jpeg

davidjytang

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2018
I loved their keyboard and keyboard gestures. They had very integrated designs. Color me interested.

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
Been saying for years I am waiting for someone to bring back Motorola Two way pagers. I think it would be the perfect option for kids. They can text all they want. No pictures no apps no worries.

I bet they could be super small now too with an e-ink screen. Bet carriers would never let it happen because texting is so cheap now.

Truckondo

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2009
There are dozens who want this. Dozens! Most people have moved on from these devices. Who approves these things?

Reactions: luisfrocha

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
Texas is moving to the forefront of small handphone technology in the world. Imagine! Having small physical keys to push that magically send communications to others on a postage stamp screen. And to move icons, you scream at them! The heck with this touch business. Scream commands!

• Haha
Reactions: AE_stc

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
There has to be people that would like a phone with a physical keyboard.

I used to have a Treo 650 back in the day, which had one of the best physical keyboards on a smartphone at a time when most smartphones had physical keyboards.

I wasn't much faster, if any faster at all, typing on that keyboard than I am typing on my iPhone's virtual keyboard today.

I also had a Palm Pre for a bit, with its physical slide out keyboard. I was actually a bit slower on that than the Treo 650.

Maybe some people are much faster on a physical keyboard, but I know I wasn't. At this point in time I prefer the simplicity of a virtual keyboard over having a physical keyboard.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
If it had a great mobile app ecosystem and wasn't based on Android, I'd switch. We need more choice in the mobile space and not a day goes by that I don't miss a physical keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.