Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bheathain

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2015
I had a "regular" 6000 series with a monochrome screen, a thick heavy beast.

My mistake though, when you said Curve I thought Pearl. I went from a non-roller ball type of BB to the smaller Pearl with the roller ball and there was so much not to like about that move. Had I gone to a Curve, that would have been a real upgrade. I fell for the greater portability of the Pearl. It was that, but so less usable otherwise.
I agree. My sister-in-law had the Pearl, and it seemed a step down in functionality for sure.

threshtonic

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2016
6ewl.gif

johnsc3

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2018
Wow- On paper, a new and more secure OS would have been a great (out of the box) pairing for this device, and for those looking to stay away from the iPhone and the heavily device fragmented Android devices as a whole.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
5g of blackberries to put in your oatmeal?

Seriously though why? It's like Hollywood, rebooting things no one asked for.

Is there really anyone begging for QWERTY keyboards on their phones? Okay okay okay okay, sure; can we get a Palm reboot then too?

UK-MacAddict

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2010
I used to have a Blackberry as a second phone to my iPhone. Although iPhone is still my preferred choice I did love my Blackberry as well.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Go crack open a history book and read about web browsing on phones before the iPhone. The term is used correctly.
Go crack open an internet search for what WAP means right now ? its a joke my friend. Haha

kovalchuk71

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Remind me again who would want a blackberry phone in 2021?
To be honest, I miss the Blackberry days. The browser was so terrible and difficult to use that it really limited my use of the phone to SMS, Calls, and Emails. I was less “glued” to my phone as I am today, which I am currently trying to work on. It’s a tough habit to break.

Reactions: rjohnstone

krfr

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
With the advancement in touch screens I can’t imagine going back to a physical keyboard. Unable to have the keyboard change depending on what I’m doing. Sounds terrible!

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Still have my old Blackberry Torch.
Threw it in the charger to see if it still powers up. Charging, but won’t power on just yet.
It’s been almost 4 years since I used it.
I actually liked this phone for work emails.

Keep an eye on it. I had a Windows Phone Palm Treo. The battery swelled so much it broke the case open. Same with my Palm VII, although that got really hot, but swollen too. Yikes...

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Whatever they make, they should sell it in Indonesia again. Indonesia was one of the largest market for Blackberries, even after its demise.

JSRinUK

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2018
Greater London, UK
I have a friend who will be pleased to hear this. She hates touchscreens, and is passionate about a physical keyboard for texting.

She’ll go for this, if the price is okay.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I have a friend who will be pleased to hear this. She hates touchscreens, and is passionate about a physical keyboard for texting.

She’ll go for this, if the price is okay.

My Ph.D. advisor was passionate about paper tape readers for computers. "You can actually see the bits." Required students in the senior-level computer hardware design class to build an interface circuit for a paper tape reader and a PDP-11.

But I digress.

• Haha
Reactions: CarlJ

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Keep an eye on it. I had a Windows Phone Palm Treo. The battery swelled so much it broke the case open. Same with my Palm VII, although that got really hot, but swollen too. Yikes...
No swelling, battery is just dead... no longer accepts a charge.
My old Moto Razr battery swelled so much it popped the back cover off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.