Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
In all fairness, the apologists stopped counting at 3. Everyone after that has been deemed a troll.

there are a total of 6.6 despite the media attention alllll over

6 iphones which were in pockets and bent
1 addition had a collision
1 had it bent out of the box

Let's count the 6

1. The first guy who reported it who went to the wedding
2. The second guy who had it in his phone
3. The 3rd who was in France but not on macrumors
4. The 4th who was a car mechanic
5. The geek.com guy

In total 6 people despite alllll the media attention and around 10 million iphones we still have 6 iphones which bended without the user knowing or without a collision

Remember this is the point where every existing iphone user is already checking their phones for the issue
And you call it an issue
6. The youtube tester

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
With users like this who needs Samsung, Apple's own users will make a non issue (bending iphones) which are statistically insignificant right now into a major issue with major publishers of news outlets using only macrumors as their examples and no where else . lol: so toxic

This is actually a major design issue. Too big and too thin equals a bent phone. Huge issue.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I don't know how bending iPhones is a non-issue. I hope you don't come complaining if your iPhone bends, because it is not an issue that your device you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on bends.

I don't understand how the OP thinks MacRumors had anything to do with the news getting out or not.

iPhonesandMacs

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
With users like this who needs Samsung, Apple's own users will make a non issue (bending iphones) which are statistically insignificant right now into a major issue with major publishers of news outlets using only macrumors as their examples and no where else . lol: so toxic

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 3 Bend Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0&feature

Hopefully this positive outcome doesn't go viral, right?

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
This is actually a major design issue. Too big and too thin equals a bent phone. Huge issue.

6 people despite all the media attention of people seeing if their phone is bent is a design issue? Do you agree the 5 and 5s has the same design issue?

----------

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 3 Bend Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0&feature

Hopefully this positive outcome doesn't go viral, right?

So the note bends less than 5 and 5s . Are you saying it's a major issue for 5 and 5s?

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
Apple are missing a trick why pay millions of dollars for lawyers when there are MacRumor users so keen to defend them for free.

iPhonesandMacs

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
6 people despite all the media attention of people seeing if their phone is bent is a design issue? Do you agree the 5 and 5s has the same design issue?

----------

So the note bends less than 5 and 5s . Are you saying it's a major issue for 5 and 5s?

Im not saying it's anything, it's just a follow up video to the original iPhone bending video.

scrtagntman

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Even being very generous, how many are there? 5? 10? 100? Even a few thousand out of millions sold is still grossly insufficient to establish any kind of concerning trend.

Who knows. I was just pointing out that you decided to stop counting. Seemed disingenuous.

----------

Let's count the 6

5. The geek.com guy

In total 6 people despite alllll the media attention and around 10 million iphones we still have 6 iphones which bended without the user knowing or without a collision

Remember this is the point where every existing iphone user is already checking their phones for the issue
And you call it an issue
6. The youtube tester

Don't forget the video guy! His was bent before he decided to bend it more, just before he then tried to bend a Note 3 and failed.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
MacRumors made this a story because I told them so. I said I'd find them worthwhile stories if they didn't ban me anymore. I'm serious!

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Who knows. I was just pointing out that you decided to stop counting. Seemed disingenuous.

----------

Don't forget the video guy! His was bent before he decided to bend it more, just before he then tried to bend a Note 3 and failed.

Do you are saying note 3 has better build quality than 5 and 5s too right

Immiddx

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014

----------

I didn't stop anything. I wasn't the one who was saying it was 3. That is one of the agreed upon numbers. If there is a more accurate number I'll start using that one.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
I didn't stop anything. I wasn't the one who was saying it was 3. That is one of the agreed upon numbers. If there is a more accurate number I'll start using that one.

6. After all the media attention we have a total of 6 people.

Yes 6 out of 10 million for now

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
Aluminum. Aluminum foil. Aluminum conduit. Sheets of aluminum. I have always known aluminum to bend. Where is the news in this?

Immiddx

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
6. After all the media attention we have a total of 6 people.

Yes 6 out of 10 million for now

Oh geez! With figures like that we need some real retribution. Maybe Cook and Ive need to be waterboarded. That's the only sensible solution when 0.00006% of people experience a hardware problem that may or may not be their own ****ing fault. I'm glad people are being so reasonable about all of this.

----------

Aluminum. Aluminum foil. Aluminum conduit. Sheets of aluminum. I have always known aluminum to bend. Where is the news in this?

You must be a material engineer with insights like this.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States

Attachments

• bent1.jpg
    bent1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 76
  • bent2.jpg
    bent2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 78

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Let me get this straight. Apple lauds how thin the phone is. When there is a problem with it people want to blame the users?

Men have to put the phone in a pocket. They don't carry purses. What are they supposed to do? Carry it in a shirt breast pocket when they go to the men's room? But then it may fall in the toilet. Use a holster? What if they snap it? Is it still the users fault?

Blaming the user for doing something with their device that they are supposed to be able to do without worry is pretty lame. It is giving apple a pass they don't deserve. Apple is a billion dollar corporation that prides themselves on innovation, manufacturing excellence, & quality products. They should be appalled that this is an issue because it shines a light on their testing process.

Shorter: Telling people they aren't supposed to put their phone in their front trouser pockets is ridiculous. Just plain old ridiculous.

What verifiable proof is there that these phones were bent in the manner in which the poster claimed?

Just as these "bent" posters are claiming their phone bent in their pocket, someone else could easily claim that its a Samsung plot.

Samsung is already spooked:
Has Apple forced Samsung's to release the Galaxy Note 4 early?

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010

Let's count the 6

5. The geek.com guy

And you call it an issue
6. The youtube tester

Please stop spreading your ignorance, unless you know every single of those 10 million people please ****.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Someone on another thread was talking about putting his phones in his back pocket(s) and sits on them as well, all his devices.

Now, originally I figured it was a troll, because who would put their phone in their back pocket, regardless?

I think common sense has escaped people.

Every teenage girl I know puts them in their back pocket. Including my daughter. Hers has never bent. But this is the i5's I'm talking about. Can't imagine the 6's sticking out of their pockets, which is why she doesn't want one ;)

Last edited:

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
The site admins should have waited at *least* a few days if not another week before slathering the front page with this. It's just too early to tell how much of a per unit problem this is actually going to be. It has the potential to be a real issue, but why jump to conclusions?

It's the one thing that really ticks me off about this site, the owners and people who make the calls on this stuff just don't give a crap, as long as the page gets hits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.