The 6+ is close to the perfect phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cymolia, Dec 19, 2014.

1. cymolia macrumors 6502a

At least it is for me. Great battery life, Gorgeous screen, Huge( benifits me because im 6"3) . The closest thing that comes close to it was the LG g2 which i loved. This is certainly a phone i will keep for 2 years .

2. macblitz macrumors member

macblitz

Yes, i agree.

Although I do miss the easy 1 hand usage of the iphone 5. with 6+ it is very diffucult to use with 1 hand. There are tradeoffs to everything.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Yeah, I miss my 5 too. The easy pocketability and one-handed use made for a great sized phone. I'm slowly getting used to the 6+ though!

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

As far as the thread title went, I thought the OP was referring to the regular 6 that is close to the 6 plus on the Apple display table.

5. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

when the bezel gets smaller, n they bump to 2gb ram then i would say it's a perfect phone

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Or do that on the standard 6 while enlarging the screen. More perfect as it's still pocketable and one-handed usable.

7. Love Divine macrumors member

I agree OP.

-Screen is great. One advantage over the AMOLED in the Note 4 (which is really nice) is that it gets noticeably brighter without having to get an auto boost from the sunlight. It also gets just as dim, for the most part, which is good for night time reading. AUTO BRIGHTNESS WORKS WAY WAY BETTER! You can actually customize an "auto bias", which is missing on US variants of Samsung phones for absolutely no reason.
    -Build quality and materials are simply outstanding and unmatched, period.
    -The general smoothness of the OS and basic functionality is also unmatched.
    -Probably the best overall phone camera out at this time, or close to it.
    -Battery life is ridiculous, and up there with the very best. Charging speed is also up there with the very best if you use a capable charger.
    -Speakers are good (not M8 good), call quality is good, vibration good.

8. Ashtar macrumors regular

I thought the Plus was too big. Got the 6 on launch day. Kept it for two months before I caved and gave it to my wife, then purchased a Plus. It took me about two or three days to get used to the size and now I thin it is perfect. Love it.

9. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Needs more RAM. I'm still probably getting one, but I plan on replacing it way earlier than I am with my 4s. I'm not dealing with that RAM bs. Might even sell the ****** when the time comes and get the 6s I dunno.

Really that's the main thing holding it back. Otherwise I don't have many complaints. (Hardware wise)

10. cynics macrumors G3

I agree except too big (for me). All that the 6+ has to offer in the iPhone 6 would be the perfect phone (for me again). More RAM would be nice if nothing else just to shut me up about it. :)

11. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yes I agree the 6 Plus is close to the perfect phone (iPhone 6).

12. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Hehe. Good one.#

13. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

14. Ticocg59 macrumors member

I agree, the best iphone to date, they battery life is great!!

15. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Minus the constant resprings from lack of RAM (jetsam crashes) and laughably large bezels for 2014...it's a good phone. It's too thin for it's own good and they should have went a tad thicker for an easier hold + more durability. Thus allowing an even larger battery and allowing for the camera lens to sit flush with the back.

So no, I don't think it's anywhere close to perfect. Oh and coupled with an OS that is ridiculously buggy...Apple has a lot of refinement to figure out for their new found glory of stepping into modern cell phone sizes.

16. cababah macrumors 68000

The 6+ would be close to the perfect phone if it had 2GB RAM and a slightly more powerful CPU/GPU to handle the downscaling for the display.

17. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

It's the only iPhone I would consider at this point.

I'm looking forward to the 6S+, and the bump to 2gb of ram. It's the only real flaw in an otherwise near perfect design.

By the time the 6S+ drops a good chunk of developers should have extensions and widgets working as well, fixing a big hole in iOS 8's arsenal.

18. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

Too huge of a bezel, too little RAM.

----------

And a much smaller bezel. The bezel is gigantic.

19. cababah macrumors 68000

The bezel doesn't bother me to be honest; it's the occasional performance stutter and Safari tab reloading that irks me the most...

20. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I used an iPhone 6 plus in a shop yesterday, I thought it would be hard to use with one hand, but it feels perfect, and the right sort of phone for me

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not for me. Its a great phone, don't get me wrong, but its no wear near perfection.

What I don't like about the IP6+.
    Thinness - and included in that, the issue with bending. No matter how much you dismiss the issue, its still something that occurred for some people.

Slippery, the phone is much slicker then prior models.

Bezel is larger, they could have made it look even better had they decided to shrink the bezel.

1 GB of ram, I don't mind it, but I know others that this is a major issue.

Overall, its a great phone, I love the larger size, but I'd not say its a perfect phone or near perfection - just my $.02

22. the caveman macrumors 6502

You've just described the Xperia Z3, one of the most underrated phones out there.

23. Sundar83 macrumors member

24. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

I can't imagine what I would want in an upgrade in the 6+s or the 7.

25. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You'd want no FCC logos not replaced by sandpapered scratches.