The Beatles Are Coming to Apple Music on Christmas Eve

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 22, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The full music collection of The Beatles will be available on Apple Music and other music streaming services on Christmas Eve, according to a new report from Re/code. The report comes a week after a similar report from Billboard, which said that The Beatles were coming to a streaming service on Christmas Eve but did not specify which one.

[​IMG]
    The only music service that won't have full access to The Beatles' catalog is Pandora, which doesn't do direct deals with music owners. However, Pandora does offer some access to select Beatles songs on its web radio service. Additionally, The Beatles' catalog will also be available on music services' free tiers, unlike artists like Taylor Swift.

The Beatles' catalog originally appeared on iTunes back in 2010, giving Apple exclusive rights to the digital distribution of the famous band's music until 2011. More recently, "The Beatles: +1" collection debuted on iTunes, packaged with remastered versions of hit songs and mini-movies made by the famous quartet.

Update: The Beatles have confirmed their music will be available on Apple Music and eight other streaming music services worldwide on December 24 at 12:01 a.m. local time.

Article Link: The Beatles Are Coming to Apple Music on Christmas Eve

2. oldtime macrumors 6502

Finally some exposure for these plucky upstarts from across the pond.

3. theheadguy macrumors 65816

The title is misleading. It's not exclusive to Apple Music, but "widely, widely available" on almost all music services starting Dec 24. Nothing special to see here...

4. torturegarden macrumors newbie

Ant their music will sound as bad, or worse, than the 1987 CDs.

5. chromite macrumors regular

How will this sound worse?

6. torturegarden macrumors newbie

Lossy streaming.

7. surfingarbo macrumors regular

surfingarbo

8. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

And cue the comments about 'Money Grab'

9. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Oh please...

Apple's ability to turn the most mundane into "news" that's "exciting" never ends :eek:

10. nfl46 macrumors 604

nfl46

Lol. I was just about to say, "Cue you did well," then I realized it's not exclusive to Apple Music.

11. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

I like the Beatles as much as the next person but I'm glad their exclusive status is finally breaking. Join the frickin' party for crying out loud! Im looking at you, Prince!

12. happydude macrumors 65816

happydude

Why all the hate. As an Apple Music user, great! Biggest band ever can be listened to. Awesome!

13. ChromeAce macrumors regular

All Beatles music? Not true. The mono versions never even made it to the iTunes Store. Several of the albums available are the 1987 remixes, not the originals.

14. chromite macrumors regular

What's wrong with the 1987 remixes?

15. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

This is great news for all Apple Music subscribers. I expect Apple Music will get exclusives you just won't find on any other streaming service too.

16. satchmo macrumors 68020

By who? Apple or the Beatles?

17. ChrisA macrumors G4

I remember the the beatles were new and truly innovative. But that was years ago.

You'd be surprised to see how many high school kids wear t-shirts with 60's and 70's bands printed on them. Those four photos from Let It Be is not uncommon on today's teens. To these kids the Beatles are new. Once a 16 year old student asked me if I knew about this old band called "The Doors"

Many of them "get it" too, They still like Paul's words "I lit a fire" and ask if their is an apostrophe before the S in Fields (forever) There will always be new generations of listeners and each one will discover that "Mother Mary" is Pau's actual mother who died when he was young coming back to him in a dream

For many of us this music is old and we've hear every remix and repackaging but there will always be a new generation of listeners

18. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

This is an amazing Christmas gift! I didn't think they'd ever come to Apple Music! Yay!

...So much hate in the forum. It's like I'm reading Vine comments anymore.

19. sidewinder3000, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2015

sidewinder3000 macrumors 6502a

sidewinder3000

I am a bit surprised that Eddie Cue couldn't make this an Apple Music exclusive, at least for 3 months or so. Nonetheless, it's great that The Beatles are joining the party. Streaming is all about the network effect: the fewer holdouts, the better the value.

Hop off that Jump To Conclusions mat. The title neither states nor implies that it's exclusive.

ENH. You can download Apple Music files so they reside on your device and not streamed.

20. DrumApple macrumors 6502a

News flash - no one cares if a frequency that no one could hear anyway is dropped every now and then. Listen to the music and be happy. The majority of people aren't audiophiles.

21. brinary001 macrumors 6502a

brinary001

I couldn't remember why I've stopped reading the comments on MR stories, and then I decided to take a peek at the ones for this story and suddenly it all came back to me.

22. allanfries macrumors 6502a

allanfries

Glad I already have it all on my drive. Guess its the thought that counts. ;)

23. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Oh it's just these young Millenials bashing some band their grandparents listened to. Stream them some Lady Gaga and they'll be happy again.

24. riverfreak macrumors 65816

riverfreak

Too heavy on the synthesizer.

25. tsang2320 macrumors regular

To be honest, their albums are already in my iCloud music library. But I guess it's nice to hear this.