Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Think it is probably dealers over estimating the demand for the ceramic brakes( I am sure it is a nice pocket liner) and they just order them and due to the cost of them, they don't sell. Or probably GM themselves and have too much of them in their own parts inventory.

I still bet even with that $5000 incentive, GM will still make a decent profit.

But yes I agree signs of old GM is starting to come back. Though full size trucks always have massive incentives on them. GM's full sizers will be replaced next year as well. Last year( or 2015) Ford was putting massive cash on the F-150's hood due to their struggles to keep up with demand due to a frame shortage and sales shifted towards Ram and GM in order to keep customers patient. The Big 3 can afford to put $10,000 on the hood of their trucks and they will still rake in the money.

JMacHack

Suspended
Mar 16, 2017
Looks like General Motors is back up to their old shenanigans of massive incentives to sell cars

http://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/chevy-offering-up-to-8-000-off-select-corvettes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-on-truck-turf

800x-1.png

Dunno about anyone here, but if I were in the market for a new truck, I'd probably buy Chevy.

JMacHack

Suspended
Mar 16, 2017
Full-size? F150 is easily the class-leader.

Mid-size? Taco
The full-size Chevys get better gas mileage (you will never see the Ford come close to the advertised mileage), and last longer.

The Taco's only now just got real competition with the Colorado, but mid-size trucks are kinda is a sore position since they don't get significantly better gas mileage than a full-size and have less capacity.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
People who get carbon ceramics are often in for a rude awakening when they get damaged or they need to be replaced. I know of M, AMG and to an extent, some Porsche model owners who'll remove their CCs when driving long distance or track their vehicle, because it's cheaper to replace standard equipment 3-4x in a row compared to a set of CCs.

Most people who get CCs won't ever reach their thermal limit in terms of the setup not giving up, and I sincerely doubt most will get their breaks up to optimal temperatures during normal driving. I think they're cool and unique for their intended use, but it isn't something I'd drop seven to ten grand on as an option. A manufacturer powerkit? Of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: D.T.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Tesla is now the largest American car company by market cap.

Of course, that's a lot of investor nonsense and what looked like a potential Model X spinoff.

Tesla still has a couple of make or break years ahead.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My apologies if I mentioned this before, but after watching Preacher (AMC Season 1) the second time through I find myself lusting after a 1972 Malibu SS. :D

1972-chevrolet-chevelle-malibu-ss-454-bucket-seats-posi-trac-high-performance-5.jpg

Reactions: D.T.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
My apologies if I mentioned this before, but after watching Preacher (AMC Season 1) the second time through I find myself lusting after a 1972 Malibu SS. :D

I can't like this post enough :D

Also Dean's '67 Impala from Supernatural :cool:

Last edited:

Maccster

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2017
I'm unsure if I really love or hate the design of the benz self-driving car (not yet on the market, and more importantly not yet self-driving)

mercedes-self-driving-car-1.jpg
mercedes-self-driving-car-1-2

D.T.

macrumors G4
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Tune[r] on the way, custom tune lined up, full flex that will allow for E85 too :D

Tuner (as in device) in hand! Tempted to load the canned tune, but might just wait till my tuner (as in my guy) does some log runs, builds it custom.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Look like it's pulling something apart. Looks stupid, but thankfully that's the reason concepts exist. Stupid ideas that eventually become good ideas.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
You guys saw that today, too? Or am I behind on the car news because I stick to forums? :p I saw the pictures this morning after breakfast and I'm really hoping that it's not the final interior. Apart from the Panamera front end and the Civic rear end, it looks like the Model 3 is some cheap Chinese junk from automaker Geely.

If it isn't a mule and it's the final form, then I feel sorry (and also laughing) at people who put down their deposit sight unseen 1-2 years ago.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Got myself a flat on the Toll road today where the speed limit was 75. Had to go quite a ways to find a safe place to pull over. Praying I don't need a new rim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.