The concert thread!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Illuminated, May 31, 2011.

1. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

So I searched for a thread like this, but to no avail.

Sooo without further adieu, this thread is for any concerts you've been to/are attending in the near future.

Tonight, I'm going to see MATT and KIM at the Trocadero in Philly! I can't flipping wait! i bought these tickets the first day they were on sale, and now are sold out!

I'm also seeing on June 17th, Yeasayer, and then on the 26th, Matisyahu...:D

2. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

A few weeks ago I saw TobyMac before a Rangers game in Arlington. That's the first ballpark concert I've ever been to. It was pretty good, my two boys had a blast. :)

3. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)

A while back I went to a performance of Beethovens 7th Sympony, which was excellent classical music is so much better in person.

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I've got tickets for the Vans Warped Tour coming to Houston in June, and Kings of Leon in July.

5. Illuminated thread starter macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

Just got back from the Matt and Kim concert...

I was in the front row, and when they came on stage, the entire crowd (1200 people) pushed forward, causing me, and the rest of the people against the bar to be pushed against it for the duration of the concert...

...after they were serenaded to come back on stage, they both jumped down off the stage in front of me...I hugged Kim twice, and Matt once...THAT MADE MY NIGHT!

It was also extremely hot inside the Trocadero...I was soaked in sweat...2/3rds of it wasn't even my sweat!

6. Huntn, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Wow, this thread is shorter than I imagined it would be and this is a revival! :)

Saw Reba McEntire tonight at the Houston Livestock show and Rodeo. The place was packed. She is an outstanding performer, but the sound system in Reliant Stadium was all out of whack although it has a stage and sound system designed for concerts. The distortion from the band was so amplified it was hard to make out the lyrics. Talented band too. Disappointing.:( her best song was You're No Good! Which is interesting because later I remembered the version I loved was sung by Linda Ronstat.

The other thing I noticed is that the rodeo atmosphere is squashed a bit when it's held in a giant hi-tech stadium.

7. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Saw MGK a couple months ago. B.o.B. before that. Going to see Yelawolf in a few weeks.

That's my "recent" concert activity. I've been to maybe a couple hundred concerts over the years? Beastie Boys, RHCP, Green Day x2, Stone Temple Pilots, Avenged Sevenfold x3, Dropkick Murphys x3, , Everclear x10+, Blink 182, Warped Tour a few times...those are just the big names that come to the top of my head.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seeing The Allman Brothers this month at The Beacon in NYC, as I do every year. Awesome small venue.

9. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

It's been a while since I've seen anyone. First one was Linkin Park during their Minutes to Midnight tour, and I've saw Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck perform an acoustic show (unfortunately no performance of Layla :() too.

Festivals on the other hand...I went to Download Festival a few years in a row. Got to see most of my favourites; AC/DC, Motorhead, Slash, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Rage Against the Machine, Bullet for my Valentine etc.

10. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Around November of last year (2013), my friend brought me along to watch P!nk at the Staples Center. She's a great performer and entertainer; lots of acrobatic movies and great singing. About 2 weeks ago, I went to the Staples Center again - my friend asked me to come - to watch Miley Cyrus. That was definitely an interesting experience. She did waaaay too much crotch grabbing/hitting and attempts at twerking; her singing wasn't half bad.

Yesterday, a friend and I went to the House of Blues in Anaheim/Downtown Disney. We saw our ultimate favor band doing their 10-year reunion tour: The Ataris. That was a great show and a great night.

For some reason, I always feel anxious before I go to the concert and usually try to talk myself out from going - probably my mild claustrophobia. However, I usually end up going and always enjoy myself.

11. Jws macrumors regular

The last concert I went to was Tennis in Dallas in January. It was a good show. Christian Wargo from Fleet Foxes opened as part of his solo act, Poor Moon.

Here are some photos.

12. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Lots of concerts.

Going to see Arcade Fire at Circuit of the Americas, HAIM and Chromeo at Stubbs Austin in April.

Recent concerts: Gary Clark, Jr. was fantastic in November. It's been a while since i've seen anything live. I'm a regular ACL goer. Last year the best act was Phoenix, but Depeche Mode and the Cure were awesome, as were Queens of the Stone Age. Arcade Fire was good back during the Suburbs tour. Honestly, the best shows other than that IMO were Kanye West and Gorillaz.

13. Jbp915 macrumors member

Jbp915

A lot within the pass few years.
    Rockstar Mayhem 12 ( motorhead,slipknot,slayer)
    Mayhem 13 (Five Finger Death Punch, Rob Zombie, Mastadon ,Amon)
    Killswitch Engage (Dec 12 )
    Carnival of Madness (Papa Roach,Skillet,In this Moment ,Shinedown,We As Human)

This year already got tickets for Journey(June) , Billy Joel (december in NY) , and Linkin Park in August. Def. looking forward to Linkin Park though since I have been waiting to see them since High School.

Yeah , kind of a metal head.

14. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Went to Taktloss on Friday. Bit of a trip back into the late 90s in Berlin. Pretty awesome show and luckily there was someone with a pen next to me so he could give me an autograph. :D

Going to see DAF at the end of the month, really looking forward to this one.

15. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Tickets for Haim just came in the mail! Arcade Fire tonight!

16. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i only think I've been to one concert at summerfest and i think it was doughtry or someone. i don't really have interest in them, i wish i lived in the 80's to see rock bands like: ac/dc, queen, boston, aerosmith, led zeppelin, van halen, the police, guns n' roses, journey etc.. my dad has a whole book of tickets and has seen pretty much every one of these bands, most multiple times.

17. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

My wife and I try to go to several concerts a year. So far we have tickets to see Bastille and The 1975 when they come through town on their respective tours.

Last year we saw The Parlotones in NYC, which was pretty awesome. They are pretty big in South Africa, but we were able to stand in the front row for their show in some dive bar in the city. It was a good show; their supporting act was Dinner And A Suit who were pretty solid.

18. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

This I took my wife to Justin Timberlake in February. Just bought tickets again to see him in December.

19. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Probably the most prolific concert I've ever been to was the 2012 Sunset Strip Music Festival in Los Angeles. Reason is, it was in the theme of The Doors. Marilyn Manson headlined, which before the concert I didn't like, but then walked away a fan. He played a few of The Doors songs with Robby Krieger (original guitarist) and Ray Manzarek (original organist) and I was truly blown away.

In 2013 I saw my favorite band Avenged Sevenfold at their free album release concert at the Hollywood Palladium. I also saw my 2nd favorite band Slayer at the Hollywood Paladium.

2014 is shaping up to be a great year....next week I'm seeing Queens of the Stone Age in San Francisco, later this month I'm seeing Ghost in Hollywood, seeing Slayer in Salt Lake City in May, then seeing Avenged Sevenfold in July in San Bernardino. I'm stoked!

20. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Saw Arcade Fire again last night. Absolutely fantastic.

21. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen in May, saw him when he was in town on last year's tour also. Might go see Paul McCartney with my dad when he comes to town in July.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You lucky SOB.... Last time with Warren and Derek.

Next concert on my agenda will be the SF Symphony. Wife and I are taking our son to see them do Fantasia. They're going to show the movie while the orchestra plays the music. Gonna be fun. Plus Sarah Hicks is conducting.

Although I may get tix to go see Bl'ast! play locally soon. Haven't seen them in sooooooo long.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Was supposed to see them March 29th but they postponed shows due to illness. Hasn't been rescheduled yet.

24. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Last concert I went to was maroon 5. Also been to weezer, counting crows, wallflowers.