Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The biggest treat I've had in last decade (yes decade) :p is seeing The Eagles, and Fleetwood Mac in St. Paul, Pat Benitar in a free downtown concert (Minneapolis), and Kansas, Eddie Money, Styx at the Shakopee Race Track.

Recently saw Reba McIntyre at the Houston Rodeo, ehh. (Posted previously).

A long time ago in a former life: Three Dog Night, Black Sabbath, Grand Funk Railroad, and others, names forgotten. :p

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
The biggest treat I've had in last decade (yes decade) :p is seeing The Eagles, and Fleetwood Mac in St. Paul, Pat Benitar in a free downtown concert (Minneapolis), and Kansas, Eddie Money, Styx at the Shakopee Race Track.

Recently saw Reba McIntyre at the Houston Rodeo, ehh. (Posted previously).

A long time ago in a former life: Three Dog Night, Black Sabbath, Grand Funk Railroad, and others, names forgotten. :p

Ahh, the Eagles. They do put on a good show as well. I saw them in Lincoln, Nebraska during the Hell Freezes Over tour. One of the best shows I've seen, and rarely at that time did you see an entire arena sold out. Doesn't help that Timothy B. Schmit lives here in Sacramento.

Couldn't get to Fleetwood Mac; one of the negatives for living in Vegas is that concert ticket prices are much higher than everywhere else, and the reunion tour (The Dance) was one of the most expensive at the time.

That reminds me.. this week, we have Howard Jones, Katrina and the Waves, English Beat, and the Thompson Twins playing here. May go take them in.

BL.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Ahh, the Eagles. They do put on a good show as well. I saw them in Lincoln, Nebraska during the Hell Freezes Over tour. One of the best shows I've seen, and rarely at that time did you see an entire arena sold out. Doesn't help that Timothy B. Schmit lives here in Sacramento.

Couldn't get to Fleetwood Mac; one of the negatives for living in Vegas is that concert ticket prices are much higher than everywhere else, and the reunion tour (The Dance) was one of the most expensive at the time.

That reminds me.. this week, we have Howard Jones, Katrina and the Waves, English Beat, and the Thompson Twins playing here. May go take them in.

BL.

What made the Eagles concert great was that it was like seeing 3 bands playing- The Eagles, Don Henley, and Joe Walsh. :)

Just remembered 1971 Miami Jai-Alai Fronton- Allman Brothers. College at the University of Miami, I remember sitting in the back, but never the less came out with my ears ringing. :) I have a friend who actually ended up wearing hearing aides precisely because of concerts and standing next to 7' high speakers.

Jai-Alai played in a huge court was cool to watch and bet on. :)

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
What made the Eagles concert great was that it was like seeing 3 bands playing- The Eagles, Don Henley, and Joe Walsh. :)

True, but it was almost like 4.. I felt I was seeing Beverly Hills Cop: Live! and an episode of Miami Vice. ;)

BL.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
The concert thread!

The Arctic Monkeys. They're easily my favorite band (and my Avatar). A couple of things I noted.

1) Arctic Monkeys never really hit it big until in the US until this most recent album.
2) I first listened to their first album in 2006. Most of the fans there tonight almost certainly were too young to be able to listen to "Whatever People Say, That's What I'm Not" when it was originally released.
3) I have seen them three times, but this is the first time they actually appeared to be on top of their game. They looked like a band touring their magnum opus. According to most reviews, they probably are.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414559656.371440.jpg

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Saw the Black Keys for the third time last night.

Must admit, this was the first time I was disappointed. They are obviously worn out from the huge success of El Camino to the point where they just go through the motions on those songs.

The "Turn Blue" stuff was awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.