Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
I honestly don't care at this point who plays the Doctor, or if the companion is a hard boiled egg.

I totally agree, but for differing reasons... I'm just over the moon about the recovered episodes... Use them to fill in time til the Anniversary! :) And now even rather hopeful for more news RE missing episodes, due to so much cloak and dagger at the BBC... and a weird comment tonight from a person at a Doctor Who retailer...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Yeah, saw this a couple days ago, good stuff. I really hope they go all out with this special - I mean, it's the 50th anniversary! Too bad that Eccelston doesn't want to be a part of it, but if I were the producers I would do absolutely everything possible to get the Bakers, McCoy, Davison and McGann in on the action somehow, even just briefly - how cool would that be? ;) But, I do realize this is the modern Dr. Who and as such the focus will be on Tennant and Smith, all good.

Only a couple weeks to go!

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, saw this a couple days ago, good stuff. I really hope they go all out with this special - I mean, it's the 50th anniversary! Too bad that Eccelston doesn't want to be a part of it, but if I were the producers I would do absolutely everything possible to get the Bakers, McCoy, Davison and McGann in on the action somehow, even just briefly - how cool would that be? ;) But, I do realize this is the modern Dr. Who and as such the focus will be on Tennant and Smith, all good.

Only a couple weeks to go!

Maybe Eccelston thought that he had a good ending, didn't want to come back just to pander.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
My reaction to The Night of The Doctor:

notexpected.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.