Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonhoy

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2015
I want to buy into this theory. Going to go to bed soon and hoping to wake up to... something. Just no more processing order!

Two Stacks

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
New Orleans
wow @ 20 fed ex planes within the next 2 hours to memphis. i had no idea logistics was like this.

if fedex has any watches, they're on some of those planes, but then the guy said UPS has an exclusive contract. my company also exclusively ships through UPS.

2IV

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
At this point, I'm just reading these threads for amusement. It definitely keeps the hype going! I'm finally at a point where I am fine if my watch doesn't arrive tomorrow, I'll enjoy it through my girlfriend's wrist which is arriving first thing in the morning!
Miracles do happen though!! ....but it's highly unlikely. But man, if imagine if it did though. Apple would hands down make myself and hundreds of others extremely happy haha.

joshcls

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Panama City, FL
I, and several other forum members have been saying this for several days.
I still believe it to be so.

I've seen people that speculate that 60% of the Watches sold so far have been the space gray black, yet only a handful of them have turned up on MacRumors, the largest gathering spot?

I find that REALLY hard to believe.

So, either there is massive shortage not the most popular model, to an extreme degree, as it would seem they have fewer than every other model. (compare any reports on status changes on other SKU's)

OR

They have bunch more of these going out yet.

shanew212

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
I, and several other forum members have been saying this for several days.
I still believe it to be so.

I've seen people that speculate that 60% of the Watches sold so far have been the space gray black, yet only a handful of them have turned up on MacRumors, the largest gathering spot?

I find that REALLY hard to believe.

So, either there is massive shortage not the most popular model, to an extreme degree, as it would seem they have fewer than every other model. (compare any reports on status changes on other SKU's)

OR

They have bunch more of these going out yet.

These are my thoughts. There's just no way Apple would have a massive shortage of the most popular model. It's Apple.

wileycoyote

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I wish I could have replaced all the planes with little Santa Clauses, but I'm not really the photo shop type.

Apple Christmas only comes once, er twice er three times a year.

joshcls

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Panama City, FL
These are my thoughts. There's just no way Apple would have a massive shortage of the most popular model. It's Apple.

Unless there's SOME sort of supply / production problem, but we absolutely WOULD have seen or heard a rumor about that. Apple would have managed our expectations through the grape vine somehow...

joshcls

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Panama City, FL
I wish I could have replaced all the planes with little Santa Clauses, but I'm not really the photo shop type.

Apple Christmas only comes once, er twice er three times a year.

Mac, iPhone, iPad, Watch, TV...

----------

Yes, Apple confirmed they are using both carriers.

Where? I've only seen support representatives say that, and they were also saying the watch was made in the USA earlier today... They cannot be trusted.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Mac, iPhone, iPad, Watch, TV...

----------

Where? I've only seen support representatives say that, and they were also saying the watch was made in the USA earlier today... They cannot be trusted.

Would it really be outside the realm of possibility that the Edition IS made in the USA?

Banich2

Suspended
Apr 21, 2015
San Francisco, California

I dunno, It's possible. When the iPhone 4 came out, everyone wanted the white phone, but it was delayed by 10 months because they couldn't get the paint the exact way they wanted it.

Last edited:

joshcls

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Panama City, FL
I dunno, It's possible. When the iPhone 4 came out, everyone wanted the white phone, but it was delayed by about 9 months because they couldn't get the paint the exact way they wanted it.

Yeah, but there were rumors of that before, and as soon as the supply constraint was apparent. There has been NOTHING I've seen in that regard, suggesting that there would be any shortage...

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Chatted it up with a FedEx delivery guy and he said tomorrow will be busy day for him as he will be delivering a bunch of Watches tomorrow. He is also expecting his!

This is CA

shanew212

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Chatted it up with a FedEx delivery guy and he said tomorrow will be busy day for him as he will be delivering a bunch of Watches tomorrow. He is also expecting his!

This is CA

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-SRXv.gif

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
lol I feel like you guys are gonna hold on to this fedex theory until 9:00 PM tomorrow like "come on guys if they drop the watches out of the plane while flying overhead then we can still get our watches on launch day have hope".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.