The Human Body Revision B

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
If you could improve on the design of the human body, what would you do?

Myself, I would have designed a stronger lower back, and automatic nerve regeneration so that paralysis and muscle atrophy would be non existent. :)

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
I would remove nipples from men. We don't need them.

Yes, it might look funny at first, but we'll get used to it.

Edit: Oh, and I'd add night vision. I'm tired of stubbing my toe late at night getting up to get a glass of water.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
MACDRIVE said:
How about 2000psi hydraulic pressure too? :)
Yow, I hope that comes with a way to avoid paper cuts!
erickkoch said:
I would remove nipples from men. We don't need them.
Combined with that 2000 PSI and paper cuts, those nipples could serve as a valuable self-defense mechanism.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
iMeowbot said:
Combined with that 2000 PSI and paper cuts, those nipples could serve as a valuable self-defense mechanism.
That's not exactly what I had in mind, but at least we're keeping the thread going. ;)

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
riciad said:
Indestructible teeth.
Seconded - I just had my little (and only) filling for a chipped tooth fall out after many years. Off to the dentist on Wednesday...

Bugger - it feels funny.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Sesshi said:
I vote for a new strain of bacteria to live in the gut which eats up all the potential fart-making gases.
If you could choose between that and a new kind of flatulence that killed all harmful airborne bacteria, what would win?

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Sesshi said:
I vote for a new strain of bacteria to live in the gut which eats up all the potential fart-making gases.
That would come in handy on dates I suppose ... Is that the best you can come up with? :rolleyes:

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
How about a DNA cell replication systems that didn't break down over time and cause cancer...

...a heart that doesn't wear out...

...non-degenerative cognitive functions...

...indestructible connective tissues...

...adamantium skeleton...

...the ability to leap buildings at a single bound...

(yeah OK, that last ones probably useless)

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
MACDRIVE said:
That would come in handy on dates I suppose ... Is that the best you can come up with? :rolleyes:
I assumed the rest of the predictable wishlists such as regeneration, optimised cognitive functions, schlong the size of an aircraft carrier, etc would be invariably mentioned.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
There's a lot of room for improvement on the human body. The main thing would be for a better way of repairing itself after catastrophic injuries like someone would sustain in a war or from some arrogant machinery.